No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Made in China [Re: trap master] #7848641
04/19/23 10:27 AM
04/19/23 10:27 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Cow hides go there too. We produce a LOT of cow hides, who knows how many tons of cotton. Yet we can not make leather or cotton cloth. Its not a good position to be in.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Made in China [Re: trap master] #7848657
04/19/23 10:54 AM
04/19/23 10:54 AM
Alberta
N
Norwestalta Offline
trapper
Norwestalta  Offline
trapper
N

Alberta
I like Chinese food

Re: Made in China [Re: Norwestalta] #7848662
04/19/23 11:01 AM
04/19/23 11:01 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Norwestalta
I like Chinese food

Yep,nothing like chowing down at the local Chinese "wet market"

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Made in China [Re: Boco] #7848665
04/19/23 11:04 AM
04/19/23 11:04 AM
Alberta
N
Norwestalta Offline
trapper
Norwestalta  Offline
trapper
N

Alberta
Originally Posted by Boco
Originally Posted by Norwestalta
I like Chinese food

Yep,nothing like chowing down at the local Chinese "wet market"

I see you're familiar with Mama Pandas

Re: Made in China [Re: trap master] #7848666
04/19/23 11:07 AM
04/19/23 11:07 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
No- the all you can eat Buffet-Mandarin.

Re: Made in China [Re: trap master] #7848680
04/19/23 11:32 AM
04/19/23 11:32 AM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
As a kid I remember my father. Complain about Japanese crap,

I remember that as well from back in the 50's. Tucker tried to warn us but the big 3 put him out of business. The Tucker dream

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Made in China [Re: trap master] #7848682
04/19/23 11:34 AM
04/19/23 11:34 AM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Vinfast is a Vietnamese electric car. Will soon be made in NC. The owner is the richest man in Viet Nam. He is building many communities there and is evolved in lots of major projects. The cars look good.

Re: Made in China [Re: trap master] #7848690
04/19/23 11:41 AM
04/19/23 11:41 AM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
I worked more than 30 years for a family owned business that made dinnerware/pottery/china The beginnings of the company dated back to the early 1800's About 20 years ago as the current owner (at that time ) grew older and he could not find anyone in the family or a company in the US that would buy and operate the business ended up selling all patents /copyrights/pattern names to a American holding company . They are a well know brand name in many types of kitchen/ dinnerware/ food preparation items
Of course this company does not make anything.They own the designs and the brand names and source out the actual making of all brand name products that they own .At the time the holding company was beginning the process of closing the plant inthe US a second vice president on one of the divisions of the new buyers claimed American worker expected too high of wages so the only recourse they had was to close the production division of the business and source it out to a Chinese company At that time that person was making $325,000.00 a year So a few hundred mostly long term people where without a job .We where all replaced by Chinese employes that did not know how to of all things know how to make China As someone once said We have meet the enemy and he is us .

Re: Made in China [Re: danny clifton] #7848698
04/19/23 11:52 AM
04/19/23 11:52 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Cow hides go there too. We produce a LOT of cow hides, who knows how many tons of cotton. Yet we can not make leather or cotton cloth. Its not a good position to be in.

Danny
I think all those things could still be made here in US we know they could. It just that people here aren't willing to work in sweat shop for pennies. Big business goes where labor is cheap and can bend most rules or are no rules.

Us old people all talk about the things we did and survived. My parents did too some things they did to survive..Stupid stuff we did didn't kill us brag on now. Even call some the young ones whooses because they don't do same stupid stuff.
I don't know about others here. When my kids where little and as they grew up. I exposed them to a lot of things others people didn't. I did however try not to repeat the stupid part in those adventures. My kids shot guns, ran power tools, learned to scuba dive, same as I did when was young. Except I seen they had ear plugs, safety glasses and helmet if was needed. Sent them to class for scuba instead just letting them jump in river like my parents let me..
I don't agree with some of the laws that keep kids under 18 from certain jobs. But you won't find them kids wrapped up in gears on some machine.
Also don't like the idea of employer treating people like just another warm body filling void.
Sad thing is always comes back to who holds the most dollars..

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Made in China [Re: trap master] #7848699
04/19/23 11:53 AM
04/19/23 11:53 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
If we hadn't ramped up cheap imports over the past few decades, people would then really notice the decline in the value of the US dollar. I laugh when I hear politicians talk about bringing manufacturing jobs to the USA. If that happened no one would be able to afford the stuff.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Made in China [Re: trap master] #7848714
04/19/23 12:32 PM
04/19/23 12:32 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
China does not have salesman here.
Your buying cheap Chinese products because someone or some company HERE contracted with China and that person/company had every opportunity to decide on the quality of the product. It’s called quality control. China will build you a watch better than Rolex, if you spec it and stay involved in the quality control
As far as expense, it has more to do with taxes or lack thereof in China than anything else.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Made in China [Re: trap master] #7848748
04/19/23 01:23 PM
04/19/23 01:23 PM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
Originally Posted by trap master
Seems dang near everything you buy these days is made in China. Everyday products commonly bought at wal mart or other box stores is made in China and its all just junk, throw away cheap crap. So is there anything made in China that is quality? Makes me wonder if everything they produce is junk, what's the quality of their military equipment?

I can tell you this as a Fact. MSHA (M ine S afety H ealth A dministration ) has OUTLAWED all Underground Mining equipment right down to the Black Electrical Tape. Their electrical Equipment shorts out and causes fires underground.

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: Made in China [Re: Macthediver] #7848773
04/19/23 02:04 PM
04/19/23 02:04 PM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
Originally Posted by Macthediver

But it was labors Unios fault? I think not. Just corporate greed. They give spit about Americans as long as they can sell them something.

Mac

it's a combination, its the inefficiencies that labor unions result in, its management that has become more and more all about the bottom line and its the American consumers that want more stuff as cheap as possible and don't care about their neighbors and neighborhoods.
Of those 3 the American consumer is the worst, they will gladly sell out their country to save a buck or two to a country that is openly trying to harm us.

Re: Made in China [Re: Osky] #7848782
04/19/23 02:16 PM
04/19/23 02:16 PM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
Originally Posted by Osky
China does not have salesman here.
Your buying cheap Chinese products because someone or some company HERE contracted with China and that person/company had every opportunity to decide on the quality of the product. It’s called quality control. China will build you a watch better than Rolex, if you spec it and stay involved in the quality control
As far as expense, it has more to do with taxes or lack thereof in China than anything else.

Osky

this is pretty much right on. The Chinese have very little integrity, they will lie to your face without a thought.
In fact its a badge of honor to them to pull one over on you.

After working in mfg for over 3 decades and seeing the crap I have from the Chinese I avoid Chinese stuff as much as I can. I will pay much more for an item made else where, preferably American made or I will go without.

Re: Made in China [Re: Dirty D] #7848808
04/19/23 02:54 PM
04/19/23 02:54 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by Dirty D
The Chinese have very little integrity, they will lie to your face without a thought.

This is VERY true.
It is part of their culture.

If a Chinese person doesn't pull one over on you , their peers think something is wrong to not use that chance.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Made in China [Re: trap master] #7848818
04/19/23 03:13 PM
04/19/23 03:13 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Cant blame china for us buying cheap stuff made with slave labor no different then Europe buying cotton from the US during the slave era. Walmart is the biggest I think corporation in the world owned by the Walton Family US and they buy from China, Mexico and everywhere else they have sweat shops. Why did America prosper so much during the early 1900s? cheap labor brought over from foreign countries. "Bring us you tired, your poor and sick" paid just enough to keep them alive, with no labor laws. Who is to blame? Greed, corruption and people that care not for humanity.

Re: Made in China [Re: danvee] #7848826
04/19/23 03:26 PM
04/19/23 03:26 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by danvee
Cant blame china for us buying cheap stuff made with slave labor no different then Europe buying cotton from the US during the slave era. Walmart is the biggest I think corporation in the world owned by the Walton Family US and they buy from China, Mexico and everywhere else they have sweat shops. Why did America prosper so much during the early 1900s? cheap labor brought over from foreign countries. "Bring us you tired, your poor and sick" paid just enough to keep them alive, with no labor laws. Who is to blame? Greed, corruption and people that care not for humanity.

Really? The largest section of America these days is the middle class, where did they come from? After 1865 I do not recall reading or studying about foreign populations being put in chains and forced to come here as slave labor. None of those immigrants had a chance, homesteaded, started businesses, brought services and trades they offered to sustain and prosper? None of these people came here without the option to choose? Nonsense.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Made in China [Re: Cragar] #7848834
04/19/23 03:35 PM
04/19/23 03:35 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by Cragar
Originally Posted by Dirty D
The Chinese have very little integrity, they will lie to your face without a thought.

This is VERY true.
It is part of their culture.

If a Chinese person doesn't pull one over on you , their peers think something is wrong to not use that chance.

I am sorry you have had bad experiences. Those I deal with over there have been extremely attentive, have not missed any deadlines, have not done any sort of price adjustment after the fact. I’ve had all product, components, and materials tested here as I told them I would and everything has been precisely to spec.
The only issues in my supply chain begin once product hits the American port. West coast in my case. They are owned by the Union and do not move anywhere near as smoothly as the other side of the ocean.

Osky

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Made in China [Re: trap master] #7848855
04/19/23 03:59 PM
04/19/23 03:59 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
China buisnessmen are crooked from the get go.
They created havoc in the fur market for several years by trying to smuggle otter and other valuable fur not declared,and hidden in containers full of muskrats.
This resulted in large tarrifs applied by the chinese gov't on fur imported from north america,which in turn wrecked a good portion of the raw fur market.

Re: Made in China [Re: trap master] #7848894
04/19/23 05:14 PM
04/19/23 05:14 PM
north central Ohio
T
trapOH Offline
trapper
trapOH  Offline
trapper
T

north central Ohio
A friend of ours just posted this yesterday , totally sad for sure.

I’m asking for prayer for my dear sweet husband . He’s in Cleveland Clinic ICU with complications from his carT cell therapy. It’s given to put him in an indefinite remission from myeloma. The take out some of his cells- send them to China because that’s the only place that does this - where something is manufactured and added to target bad cell.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread