No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: OTC Fur Sale Results Klamath Falls 2023 [Re: beaverpeeler] #7831844
03/28/23 02:05 PM
03/28/23 02:05 PM
OR
M
Minz Offline
trapper
Minz  Offline
trapper
M

OR
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
There were evidentally a lot of guys that went ahead and sold after their minimums were not met. I was out there shagging for the first run and I guarantee that there was a ton of no-sells still out on the tables for the good quality cats.

What happens when the minimums are not met is Don calls the trappers and lets them know what the high bid was and they have the option to sell to the highest bidder. Apparently that is what happened.

Good deal, hope they were satisfied with what they got.

grin

Well it was my first rodeo doing it this way. When the gate opened I found myself looking up at the underside of my bronc. I needed to have at least 21 to make the break at the tannery and the call was 20 left without a minimum bid. I was not prepared for that so when I got the call I made them go away since I was not certain if it was the hatters or smalls lot that sold.
This makes it so I rolled the dice and came up short on what should have been a great year. I guess I have to learn somehow. I do have to say that it was a lot easier that what I have been doing.

Re: OTC Fur Sale Results Klamath Falls 2023 [Re: wissmiss] #7845835
04/15/23 01:13 PM
04/15/23 01:13 PM
Oregon 66
bfflobo Offline
trapper
bfflobo  Offline
trapper

Oregon 66
Originally Posted by wissmiss
Powell Butte Grange Hall!!! I remember it well. What a nightmare - so small there was hardly room to display the fur. I think we were there for 3 or 4 days!! So many memories.

Nancy,
Then there was one or two at the Madras gun club. Now that was a crowded one. Probably just one there.

Story from that sale:
My son was just getting started, he had caught a really small beaver. Skinned it cased, put it up on a muskrat stretcher and sold it as a mammoth muskrat. Joe Glover said, " Sweet Jesus, holly sweet Jesus". I think my son got around $18 for it.

Joe is gone now, some of his trapping stuff went through the Pineville sale a few years ago. Son bought some of his HELFRICH traps.

Clean traps,tight lines,straight shooting
http://i.imgur.com/3sawxE9m.jpg
Re: OTC Fur Sale Results Klamath Falls 2023 [Re: Slick Pan] #7845842
04/15/23 01:38 PM
04/15/23 01:38 PM
Ridgefield, WA
B
Bearguy Offline
trapper
Bearguy  Offline
trapper
B

Ridgefield, WA
Bob Rose, that jogs my memory. I called him to make an appointment to sell my fur. He gave me directions to his home, and described it as a "palatial" home on the hill. Such a modest individual. I was just getting into the trapping business, and I am sure he realized it. Low bid everything. I didn't sell, took them to the Albany OTC sale and thripled my money.

All you "Woke" people need to go back to sleep!
Re: OTC Fur Sale Results Klamath Falls 2023 [Re: Slick Pan] #7845907
04/15/23 03:44 PM
04/15/23 03:44 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Chuck (NewHouse114) and I visited his place in Salem several times....the only difference is we were always so desperate that no offer was too low. We usually had already written checks on our expected fur money!

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread