No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
soft wave therapy #7835622
04/01/23 03:40 PM
04/01/23 03:40 PM
SW WI
trapper20 Offline OP
trapper
trapper20  Offline OP
trapper

SW WI
So this is somthing i recently heard of and never knew anything about it. my chiropractor put me through 6 sessions of soft wave therapy and it did wonders. I highly recomend it for anyone having any cronic joint pain.

so about 12 years ago I was having problems with my shoulder. I lost a lot of my range of motion and strenght and it started causing pain to do about anything. I had to quite bow huning because of it. around that time. I spoke with a few doctors and they stated i'd have to have surgery if I wanted it fixed. At the time I didn't want to get the surgery done because i could still function. the past few years it got worse and my pain increased. I was planning on going through the process to get a surgery done when I came across an add at the chiropractor for this therapy. I went in for a consult and after my first treatment I could already touch the small of my back(something i havent been able to do in many years). I could also raise my hand above my head without much pain. the other day I was even able to throw a ball and play catch with my boy without any pain.

my shoulda is 99% better and only has some slight pain at extreme angles and there was no surgery or recovery time, or loss of work. I'm postin here for information for those with joint issues as a different avenue to look into other than surgery!! also wondering if anyone else has tried this and what their results have been

Re: soft wave therapy [Re: trapper20] #7835637
04/01/23 03:59 PM
04/01/23 03:59 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
there are many new technologies for treatment of skeletal-muscular issues photobiomudulation {red light} and cold laser also offer benefits. I am glad that what you tried helped you.

I hear the red light 720nm frequency treats long covid efficiently.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: soft wave therapy [Re: trapper20] #7835654
04/01/23 04:18 PM
04/01/23 04:18 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
I tore both shoulder muscles moving over sized rounds at my log splitter then slipped on black ice getting out of my truck a year later. I just power through it and worked it when I could it took a long time but it is about back to normal now. I can raise my elbow above my shoulder and lift more weight that high but if I twist wrong and roll the shoulders it tender still. 95% is better then surgery. They say most of the time surgery is unneeded as things heal themselves but my bodies a wreck what do I know. LOL

Glad it’s working for you my chiropractor did a great job on my neck my range of movement is refreshing with less pain.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: soft wave therapy [Re: Law Dog] #7836193
04/02/23 09:16 AM
04/02/23 09:16 AM
SW WI
trapper20 Offline OP
trapper
trapper20  Offline OP
trapper

SW WI
Originally Posted by Law Dog
I tore both shoulder muscles moving over sized rounds at my log splitter then slipped on black ice getting out of my truck a year later. I just power through it and worked it when I could it took a long time but it is about back to normal now. I can raise my elbow above my shoulder and lift more weight that high but if I twist wrong and roll the shoulders it tender still. 95% is better then surgery. They say most of the time surgery is unneeded as things heal themselves but my bodies a wreck what do I know. LOL

Glad it’s working for you my chiropractor did a great job on my neck my range of movement is refreshing with less pain.

I would look into this then. Im very happy with the results. even with surgery it seems to be a 50/50 if it works and the time off and recovery time is what turned mee away. i'd recomend this treatment for you. after the first treatment youd know if it will help or not. hope you find something that helps. I also coach youth wrestling and that was my final straw when a 3rd or 4th grader could almost make me cry

Re: soft wave therapy [Re: trapper20] #7836261
04/02/23 10:38 AM
04/02/23 10:38 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Medical doctors have 3 solutions: the knife, an injection, or pain pills. I have lost all faith in these crooks. Chiropractors can keep you functioning most of the time and most things can be fixed or helped with diet and strength training. Kettlebells are a high intensity low impact tool/workout that can solve a lot of low back issues.

Re: soft wave therapy [Re: trapper20] #7836271
04/02/23 10:46 AM
04/02/23 10:46 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Surgery should be a last resort but watch out for gimmicks that lighten your wallet.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: soft wave therapy [Re: trapper20] #7836280
04/02/23 10:59 AM
04/02/23 10:59 AM
Wisconsin
E
Eagleye Offline
trapper
Eagleye  Offline
trapper
E

Wisconsin
Before I retired, we brought in a lady that performed "Active Release" techniques for skilled production workers in an attempt to lower our comp costs- I went into the meeting thinking it was quackery. I volunteered to be one of her live test dummies- she worked on my neck for 10 minutes and it never felt better and I had far greater range of motion. I'm not sure if it's a derivative of soft wave therapy but I absolutely believe it helps- the same techniques are employed in the blue tent on NFL sidelines- you see a 250 lb linebacker hobble in and jog out, I always thought they got a Novocain injection but not the case.

Re: soft wave therapy [Re: trapper20] #7836431
04/02/23 01:55 PM
04/02/23 01:55 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
I think way more people suffer from chronic inflammation than realize it is the cause of many issues for them. Plus the aftereffects of covid may cause chronic inflammation is certain areas..

There are very effective prescription medications for that issue which are fast acting so anyone can try a short course of that (few days) and see it it solves some problems.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: soft wave therapy [Re: Boco] #7837068
04/03/23 08:42 AM
04/03/23 08:42 AM
SW WI
trapper20 Offline OP
trapper
trapper20  Offline OP
trapper

SW WI
Originally Posted by Boco
Surgery should be a last resort but watch out for gimmicks that lighten your wallet.

there are a lot of things medically that should be, but then they would loose a crap ton of money- and health ins companies dont help either

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread