No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
English Bible from ex Amish #7813961
03/06/23 12:49 AM
03/06/23 12:49 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Found this very very interesting

Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: Wolfdog91] #7813968
03/06/23 01:31 AM
03/06/23 01:31 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
That was awesome wolf,
Listening to this made me think of Roman's 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are the called according to his purpose.
This apears to be a man who has escaped a life of bandage. A religion based on trying to work your way to heaven. He prayed for truth and God revealed it to him. That was a great example of a man filled with the Holy Ghost and being a witness to truth in Christ.

Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: Wolfdog91] #7814014
03/06/23 07:37 AM
03/06/23 07:37 AM
Va
B
bandy Offline
trapper
bandy  Offline
trapper
B

Va
He has found the one true GOD.

No matter where you go there you are.
Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: Wolfdog91] #7814255
03/06/23 02:41 PM
03/06/23 02:41 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Thank you for sharing, wolfdog 91.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: Wolfdog91] #7814316
03/06/23 04:40 PM
03/06/23 04:40 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
With out "groups", Who would have printed bibles, who would have carried on the teachings, who would you teach? If you are that individualistic, why would you even tell someone about the bible? Religion, is not possible without "groups".
He is reading from a Bible printed by the same groups he is preaching against and I beleive he is picking verses to help him justify leaving the Amish. I am not defending religion or even claiming to understand it. This guy was brought to Jesus by the Amish and if he has a problem with it, He should be preachin to them, Not utube.

Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: Wolfdog91] #7814331
03/06/23 05:12 PM
03/06/23 05:12 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Online content
trapper
waggler  Online Content
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
The faith that I was brought up in was not an system of "organized religion" with a bunch of sectarian, man-made rules. But rather it was based on faith in Jesus Christ alone; as revealed in God's word.

It's hard for me to get my head around why so many people get trapped in organizations that demand adherence to their rules ("a form or appearance of Godliness").

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: waggler] #7814379
03/06/23 06:18 PM
03/06/23 06:18 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
Originally Posted by waggler
The faith that I was brought up in was not an system of "organized religion" with a bunch of sectarian, man-made rules. But rather it was based on faith in Jesus Christ alone; as revealed in God's word.

It's hard for me to get my head around why so many people get trapped in organizations that demand adherence to their rules ("a form or appearance of Godliness").

Amen brother

Kenneth schoening
Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: Wolfdog91] #7814422
03/06/23 07:25 PM
03/06/23 07:25 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

As long as we remember that Pentecost was and still is ordained by the same Lord we place our trust in.
"Love God and love others" was routinely taught by Jesus and the only grey in those divine words is when the enemy whispers "Is that really what Jesus, Son of God said?"

Blessings,
Mark

Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: bandy] #7814432
03/06/23 07:36 PM
03/06/23 07:36 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by bandy
He has found the one true GOD.

This ^

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: waggler] #7814502
03/06/23 08:53 PM
03/06/23 08:53 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by waggler

Me also, But without them, would the bible have been printed?, would it have been saved and spread? For most of the Bibles existence, only the well off could afford one let alone print one, therefor the need for "organized religion".

Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: Wolfdog91] #7814508
03/06/23 09:07 PM
03/06/23 09:07 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

The body of Christ, with Christ as its head, has One at the top and many as its members.
The love of God is relational... and so are we, who are made in the image of God.
Only the flesh, the world, and the enemy say go it alone. Who needs "them" whoever "them" might be.
It is not good for man to be alone was a divine statement with wonderful interweaving of all of creation with the Creator. It sets the entire biblical narrative in motion with a relational God and those who He crafts with specific workmanship. Paul's letter to the Ephesians is a wonderful read on the body of our Lord.

Are there quiet moments between any of us and God? Sure. Our Lord sought solitude, so the Bible story tells us. But Jesus walked among sinners (us) all day every day during his Missio Dei. He was among people.
So we realize that we too will walk among sinners when we are saved by God's Grace.
And we humbly remember that there's no alone in the body of Christ.
That's simply called division and it is the ultimate scheme in motion by the lier and deceiver.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: Diggerman] #7814510
03/06/23 09:08 PM
03/06/23 09:08 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by Diggerman
With out "groups", Who would have printed bibles, who would have carried on the teachings, who would you teach? If you are that individualistic, why would you even tell someone about the bible? Religion, is not possible without "groups".
He is reading from a Bible printed by the same groups he is preaching against and I beleive he is picking verses to help him justify leaving the Amish. I am not defending religion or even claiming to understand it. This guy was brought to Jesus by the Amish and if he has a problem with it, He should be preachin to them, Not utube.

I agree with you.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: Wolfdog91] #7814533
03/06/23 09:26 PM
03/06/23 09:26 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Theology is the discussion of God.
Religion is no longer confined to the belief in a higher power but more so what people place their highest belief and passion in.
The religions of the world not pertaining to a god or gods is endless.

If this man was saved by God's grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone..... is he advocating going it alone after that supernatural happening?
I didn't watch the video.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: Wolfdog91] #7814583
03/06/23 09:59 PM
03/06/23 09:59 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
No mark it seems he has a bad taste for organized religion after being raised in the strict Amish life. He makes a great case Backed by scripture as to how the Amish are trying to live under mandatory rules and get I to heaven by works instead of through christ alone. He states you can read and worship God anywhere and you don't need to be under a groups thumb.
I believe if he got exposed to a Bible preaching worship for word line by line week by week church that Bible focused he would Chang his mind about that as well.

He was having doubts about leaving the Amish church but found his answers in the Bible in English after praying for clarity and guidance first. The man is excited and on fire for God.

Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: ] #7814595
03/06/23 10:06 PM
03/06/23 10:06 PM
Missouri
O
Osagian Offline
trapper
Osagian  Offline
trapper
O

Missouri
Originally Posted by Mark June
If this man was saved by God's grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone..... is he advocating going it alone after that supernatural happening?
I didn't watch the video.

Blessings,
Mark

I did watch the video and I say it is a per-conceived notion on your part to advocate that he is advocating to go it alone. Looks to me like he has had God illuminate scripture to allow him to break the bondage of a legalistic religion.
Perhaps you should watch the video.

Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: Wolfdog91] #7814640
03/06/23 10:39 PM
03/06/23 10:39 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I'm very aware of the history of the Amish tradition but I'm not really interested in watching the video.
My comments were meant in general with the added comment that I didn't watch this man's video.

I've seen enough grumbling among believers to know that grumbling by one follower about others who are in Christ and who are indwelled by the Spirit of God serves no purpose to our Lord.

And my Amish acquaintances do make some great furniture of which I own quite a few pieces. I like the real wood more than Ikea.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: Providence Farm] #7814647
03/06/23 10:43 PM
03/06/23 10:43 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
No mark it seems he has a bad taste for organized religion after being raised in the strict Amish life. He makes a great case Backed by scripture as to how the Amish are trying to live under mandatory rules and get I to heaven by works instead of through christ alone. He states you can read and worship God anywhere and you don't need to be under a groups thumb.
I believe if he got exposed to a Bible preaching worship for word line by line week by week church that Bible focused he would Chang his mind about that as well.

He was having doubts about leaving the Amish church but found his answers in the Bible in English after praying for clarity and guidance first. The man is excited and on fire for God.

Gotcha. Sometimes these are referred to as our "seasons."
We're all under authority. Who, how, and why are the key points to consider.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: English Bible from ex Amish [Re: Wolfdog91] #7814765
03/07/23 07:23 AM
03/07/23 07:23 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
The politics of organized religion suck. Jesus could only manage 12, how does a man figure he can manage 1200.

-Goofy-
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread