ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Homeowner/Landowner do's/don't/warning sheet #7792567
02/06/23 02:39 PM
02/06/23 02:39 PM
Ontario
T
thebaron Offline OP
trapper
thebaron  Offline OP
trapper
T

Ontario
Hey all!

When doing ADC trapping for nuisance animals do any of you have a form/sheet you give to the landowner that has do's/don'ts/warnings etc?

If you do would any of you mind sharing the contents/template?

I'd like to get a standard form I can have them look at to avoid issues or conflicts down the road.

Thanks!

Re: Homeowner/Landowner do's/don't/warning sheet [Re: thebaron] #7793129
02/07/23 11:14 AM
02/07/23 11:14 AM
PA
Trapper_Dusty Offline
trapper
Trapper_Dusty  Offline
trapper

PA
I'm completely new at this, but in consulting with other guys in my area willing to share I understand it is a good idea to include a line somewhere on your sheet that addresses theft. If my trap gets stolen there is a fee to the client for that. That way they will join you in trying to keep things fairly hidden as much as possible. They'll be less likely to blab to all the neighbors about what exactly is going on and the mischievous 12 year old across the road will be less likely to come and mess with or take your stuff. Something to consider.

"There is not a square inch in the whole domain of our human existence over which Christ, who is Sovereign over all, does not cry, Mine!" -- Kuyper
Re: Homeowner/Landowner do's/don't/warning sheet [Re: Trapper_Dusty] #7793275
02/07/23 03:27 PM
02/07/23 03:27 PM
Ontario
T
thebaron Offline OP
trapper
thebaron  Offline OP
trapper
T

Ontario
Thanks! I'll definitely include something about traps going missing.

Where I am it's illegal to interfere with, tamper with, move/remove legally set traps, even if they are on your property (if you are the landowner and give permission for someone to trap, you are not allowed to touch the traps). I'll be including that as well in the hope that it'll stop people from playing with them/triggering them.

Re: Homeowner/Landowner do's/don't/warning sheet [Re: thebaron] #7794235
02/09/23 12:27 AM
02/09/23 12:27 AM
Adirondacks, N.Y.
T
trapdye Offline
trapper
trapdye  Offline
trapper
T

Adirondacks, N.Y.
I do on my contracts, Depends where the traps are set, Whether I get a deposit on the traps. In twenty nine years I've only had traps disappear one time. I was trapping a resort for skunks, went on the third check & all my traps were gone. Resort owner checked around & found that young girl staying with her family didn't like the idea of trapping & threw the traps in the lake. The owner made good for all. Other thing is having access to check the traps if they are in an attic to basement. Also inform the owner to move items that may get damaged, Like Raccoons like to pull everything they can reach in the cage. Aways set as safely as ya can & cover your a$$.

John's Nuisance Wildlife Control
If you like what you do for a living, It's better than a vacation. Most days.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread