No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
What's the "Collapse" Catalyst #7785516
01/29/23 09:21 AM
01/29/23 09:21 AM
Kiel,Wisconsin
H
Hatchetman Offline OP
trapper
Hatchetman  Offline OP
trapper
H

Kiel,Wisconsin
So what is it going to be?

- Fed raising interest rates
- Housing market slow down
- Auto market slow down
- Inflation...
-War in Ukraine

You may be in the camp that there isn't going to be a collapse, or you may be wondering why it hasn't happened already...

Since this whole thing started, I've always said there is one very fragile thing, that will start this economy spiraling down hard, and nobody is talking about it. THIS quite simply, is.... "OT" (Overtime)

Per the attached link, it states that 62% of people are blue collar or (people being managed by other people) as they call it.

I would think a high percentage of these people are not salaried individuals and receive pay at an hourly rate.
So how many years have these people ( myself included) been putting in gobs of OT, a lot!

Those overtime premiums have been paying a lot of peoples car payments, house payments, rent payments, etc...
When the OT is gone, what are they going to do?
So the way I see it, the economists are so concerned with the unemployment rate, but it starts way before that...

I see it in the company I work for. Hiring has stopped and OT has dropped dramatically in the last two months, and people are NOT happy...
So in a nutshell, in these current times, people don't have to even loose their jobs just their OT and the effects are going to be catastrophic!

https://www.quora.com/How-many-blue...r-workers-are-there-in-the-United-States

Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785525
01/29/23 09:45 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Interesting. A lot of people do depend on OT, but I wonder how many are like me: I'll gladly take the time off over the OT!

Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785526
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Military.

Thats basically what the dollar is backed by now.

Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785530
01/29/23 09:51 AM
01/29/23 09:51 AM
lewis county,new york
N
newfox1 Offline
trapper
newfox1  Offline
trapper
N

lewis county,new york
When people can no longer pay Their taxes .it would seem a lot of people cannot do anything for themselves, I think we are headed for some tough times. I hope I’m wrong.

Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785568
01/29/23 10:27 AM
01/29/23 10:27 AM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD
Death of a thousand cuts.
Then, once weakened enough, ANYTHING could tip it over, natural disaster, war, bank.holiday, you name it.

Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785582
01/29/23 10:38 AM
01/29/23 10:38 AM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
I spend less time worrying about collapse and a lot more doing something like having a garden, canning,dehydrating, putting meat away by hunting, trapping and fishing. Having ammo, guns,traps, fishing equipment. You get the idea...things that make me and my family more self sufficient.
Let the conspiracy theorists and worry warts have at it. I'll be proactive and not look back. Don't live beyond your means and trying to do more for yourself without the constraints of modern ideas of keeping up with the Jone's

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Turtledale] #7785592
01/29/23 10:45 AM
01/29/23 10:45 AM
Brazil Indiana
H
harrison72 Offline
trapper
harrison72  Offline
trapper
H

Brazil Indiana
Originally Posted by Turtledale
I spend less time worrying about collapse and a lot more doing something like having a garden, canning,dehydrating, putting meat away by hunting, trapping and fishing. Having ammo, guns,traps, fishing equipment. You get the idea...things that make me and my family more self sufficient.
Let the conspiracy theorists and worry warts have at it. I'll be proactive and not look back. Don't live beyond your means and trying to do more for yourself without the constraints of modern ideas of keeping up with the Jone's

Solid advice right here!

Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785605
01/29/23 11:01 AM
01/29/23 11:01 AM
Livingston, Texas
S
Sheepdog1 Offline
trapper
Sheepdog1  Offline
trapper
S

Livingston, Texas
The Rapture will trigger total chaos, anarchy and gets worse as the tribulation progresses

Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785637
01/29/23 11:57 AM
01/29/23 11:57 AM
indiana
W
wamp Offline
trapper
wamp  Offline
trapper
W

indiana
I never understood why a person would set their lifestyle depending on overtime.
I was always taught that overtime is a bonus and you use it wisely you don't set your lifestyle depending on it.

"Keep your traps free"
Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785646
01/29/23 12:11 PM
01/29/23 12:11 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
china cuts us off to take advantage of the chaos

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785654
01/29/23 12:28 PM
01/29/23 12:28 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Too many people slaves to money and material goods.
And slaves they are indeed.

When I was young I always took time off in lieu of overtime pay to spend more time with the kids growing up.
many of my co workers took jobs away on the RR with lots of overtime pay,and were always waving around their huge cheques in everyones faces,I just laughed.
Many of them wound up with failed marriages,divorces Kids on drugs or in trouble with the law,etc.

The last 5 years of my job on the RR I worked a lot of overime-it was unlimited basically as long as the beaver were trapped and the water was gone.I enjoyed every hour.
The overtime built up my pension(Pension based on best 5 years) much higher than it ever would have been,and allowed me to take my pension 2 years earlier because of the extra work.

Working overtime can be good as long as you are not greedy for money.

Last edited by Boco; 01/29/23 12:43 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785668
01/29/23 12:45 PM
01/29/23 12:45 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
We have almost no tannery's, almost no textile industries, very little steel production, very little pharmaceutical production, very little consumer good production. the list of stuff imported from china is huge. we tend to think loss of sovereignty is always a military victory. that may end up being a real bad mistake

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785672
01/29/23 12:49 PM
01/29/23 12:49 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
One thing coming is the drive for digital currency. The dollar will need to be destroyed and that's in progress now.
All the thing listed in conjunction and more will do the job.

Good insight on the reduction of overtime. Added with the inflation and yes it's going to hurt a lot of people that are still working.

Myself I'm burning up the overtime this year. Normally work between 52 and 80hs per week so fat this year it's closer to 80. Last year 63% of my income was ot if I keep at this rate it will be much higher this year.

I don't depend on it. I'm building savings, and and making capital improvements to the farm so hopefully I will eventually not need an off farm income.

When it does hit it will be nice to have savings and all the improvements to the farm.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 01/29/23 12:51 PM.
Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785713
01/29/23 01:30 PM
01/29/23 01:30 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by Hatchetman

- Auto market slow down
- Inflation...
-War in Ukraine

You may be in the camp that there isn't going to be a collapse, or you may be wondering why it hasn't happened already...

Since this whole thing started, I've always said there is one very fragile thing, that will start this economy spiraling down hard, and nobody is talking about it. THIS quite simply, is.... "OT" (Overtime)

Per the attached link, it states that 62% of people are blue collar or (people being managed by other people) as they call it.

I would think a high percentage of these people are not salaried individuals and receive pay at an hourly rate.
So how many years have these people ( myself included) been putting in gobs of OT, a lot!

Those overtime premiums have been paying a lot of peoples car payments, house payments, rent payments, etc...
So the way I see it, the economists are so concerned with the unemployment rate, but it starts way before that...

I see it in the company I work for. Hiring has stopped and OT has dropped dramatically in the last two months, and people are NOT happy...
So in a nutshell, in these current times, people don't have to even loose their jobs just their OT and the effects are going to be catastrophic!

If people take on payments to be made in whole or in part by overtime, they need to rethink their financial strategy because it's a bad one.

Too many people live way beyond their means.

Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785742
01/29/23 02:21 PM
01/29/23 02:21 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The main thing that will knock down the house of cards is the rich getting richer,the disappearance of the middle class and the poor getting poorer.

That is happening right now .

Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Boco] #7785752
01/29/23 02:38 PM
01/29/23 02:38 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Boco
The main thing that will knock down the house of cards is the rich getting richer,the disappearance of the middle class and the poor getting poorer.

More like the rich getting richer,,the poor getting more and more free money,,and the middle class footing the bill for all of it.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785755
01/29/23 02:40 PM
01/29/23 02:40 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
There wont be a middle class much longer.(50 years)

Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Blaine County] #7785796
01/29/23 03:47 PM
01/29/23 03:47 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Originally Posted by Hatchetman

- Auto market slow down
- Inflation...
-War in Ukraine

If people take on payments to be made in whole or in part by overtime, they need to rethink their financial strategy because it's a bad one.

Too many people live way beyond their means.

Ditto, If you can't make it on 40 hrs, there's a problem.

Member - FTA
Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Boco] #7785889
01/29/23 05:12 PM
01/29/23 05:12 PM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
Originally Posted by Boco

I agree, it’s happening now. The ruling class and globalists wants the USA to be like Mexico, the rich and no middle class. If or when this happens, Where the revenue will come from to keep things going is anyone’s guess ?

Re: What's the "Collapse" Catalyst [Re: Hatchetman] #7785934
01/29/23 05:47 PM
01/29/23 05:47 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
The rich people I know work way more than 40 hours a week, some over 70 hours a week. Besides some of the rich people that inherited their wealth and retired rich people, I doubt there's very many rich people who only work 40 hours.

Keith

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread