No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: DWC] #7770090
01/12/23 05:40 PM
01/12/23 05:40 PM
Southern, MI
HAGz Offline
trapper
HAGz  Offline
trapper

Southern, MI
Our Trapline Coffee is not cheap; it's not cheap because it's not mass produced and the coffee farmers that produce our beans are paid 2-3 times what other coffee farmers make in the same area. It's part of fair and ethical practices that our roaster partakes in, one of the reason we chose this roaster. The only thing I can tell you is that a percentage of EVERY product sold goes to the FBU/NTA. Also, we have spearheaded a FBU/NTA rollup program where customers can roll up change or donate during the checkout process. We are hoping spreads throughout other trapping businesses as another way to raise money for FBU/NTA. We are trying to do our part to support our passion, ethical and responsible trapping. At the end of the day, you will chose for yourself whether to drink Trapline Coffee or not, and we respect that either way.

If you come see us at a convention, you will be able to taste test for yourself and decide if you'd like to make a purchase.

If you read this response, thank you for your time.

--- HAGz
J3 Outdoorz - HAGz Brand Trapping Products
www.j3o.com
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: DWC] #7770101
01/12/23 05:53 PM
01/12/23 05:53 PM
Minnesota
W
wheelers Offline

"Trap Shed Sheriff"
wheelers  Offline

"Trap Shed Sheriff"
W

Minnesota
I don't drink any coffee but buy my wife the kodiak blend as she really likes it. Just got done placing an order. She hasn't tried the others but will at the NTA.

Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: DWC] #7770128
01/12/23 06:18 PM
01/12/23 06:18 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
We're going to have to give it a try!Hope to see ya's at the NTA convention this summer in Escanaba.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: DWC] #7770138
01/12/23 06:29 PM
01/12/23 06:29 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Online content
trapper
waggler  Online Content
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
I have a friend who can't taste or smell anything, really sucks when he comes in the cabin or boat and has skunk quill or rotted down fish on him.
Folger's or anything brown suits him just fine; not me. I've noticed that with weak tasting coffee it doesn't help by just adding more grounds to the pot, it just make a poor tasting coffee taste even worse.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: HAGz] #7770155
01/12/23 06:43 PM
01/12/23 06:43 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by HAGz
Our Trapline Coffee is not cheap; it's not cheap because it's not mass produced and the coffee farmers that produce our beans are paid 2-3 times what other coffee farmers make in the same area. It's part of fair and ethical practices that our roaster partakes in, one of the reason we chose this roaster. The only thing I can tell you is that a percentage of EVERY product sold goes to the FBU/NTA. Also, we have spearheaded a FBU/NTA rollup program where customers can roll up change or donate during the checkout process. We are hoping spreads throughout other trapping businesses as another way to raise money for FBU/NTA. We are trying to do our part to support our passion, ethical and responsible trapping. At the end of the day, you will chose for yourself whether to drink Trapline Coffee or not, and we respect that either way.

If you come see us at a convention, you will be able to taste test for yourself and decide if you'd like to make a purchase.

Who is your ethical roaster, lay that out for us? Is it Juan Valdez's grandchildren? Sorry Hag, me personally, I'll stick with Hills Brothers and donate to things I find not so carpetbager'ish.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: Catch22] #7770201
01/12/23 07:40 PM
01/12/23 07:40 PM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Originally Posted by Catch22

Who is your ethical roaster, lay that out for us? Is it Juan Valdez's grandchildren? Sorry Hag, me personally, I'll stick with Hills Brothers and donate to things I find not so carpetbager'ish.

Geez man, if you think he is lying, just come out and say it.

If you don't like what he is selling don't buy it.

Mom always told me if you don't have anything nice to say....

Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: wheelers] #7770203
01/12/23 07:46 PM
01/12/23 07:46 PM
Southern, MI
HAGz Offline
trapper
HAGz  Offline
trapper

Southern, MI

I don't owe you or your snide remark anything but to judge where we are donating money to in order to support the future of trapping, is quite silly. Hope the Hills Bros treat you well... But since you will likely try and make this a public pissing match. Our roaster is in Southern MI., travels several times yearly to guatemala, honduras, columbia, etc and has a direct relationship with each farm and the farmers that work there. He established a relationship that aids in ensuring a quailtiy bean in trade for fair wages. Believe what you want.

Originally Posted by wheelers
I don't drink any coffee but buy my wife the kodiak blend as she really likes it. Just got done placing an order. She hasn't tried the others but will at the NTA.

Thanks Mr. Dave, we appreciate it. Hope you and your better half are doing well smile

--- HAGz
www.j3o.com
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: DWC] #7770214
01/12/23 07:55 PM
01/12/23 07:55 PM
Southern, MI
HAGz Offline
trapper
HAGz  Offline
trapper

Southern, MI

Geez man, if you think he is lying, just come out and say it.

If you don't like what he is selling don't buy it.

Mom always told me if you don't have anything nice to say....

Was thinking the same thing... Not sure what the problem is... Thanks K Snow

Last edited by HAGz; 01/12/23 07:56 PM.

--- HAGz
www.j3o.com
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: DWC] #7770237
01/12/23 08:18 PM
01/12/23 08:18 PM
Surry county, NC
G Hose Offline
trapper
G Hose  Offline
trapper

Surry county, NC
Jeff, I appreciate the coffee I had at minktober fest you supplied.
Good coffee, an I’ll be buying more the next time i see ya.
Thanks

Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: G Hose] #7770246
01/12/23 08:36 PM
01/12/23 08:36 PM
Southern, MI
HAGz Offline
trapper
HAGz  Offline
trapper

Southern, MI
You bet G Hose ... If schedules work out this year we will be at the NCTA in Sept.

--- HAGz
www.j3o.com
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: HAGz] #7770250
01/12/23 08:41 PM
01/12/23 08:41 PM
Surry county, NC
G Hose Offline
trapper
G Hose  Offline
trapper

Surry county, NC
You bet G Hose ... If schedules work out this year we will be at the NCTA in Sept.

Good deal, we’d be gald to have ya

Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: DWC] #7770331
01/12/23 10:16 PM
01/12/23 10:16 PM
Punxsutawney, Pa.
M
MinkGuy Offline
trapper
MinkGuy  Offline
trapper
M

Punxsutawney, Pa.
Wow. I’m hooked. The best I’ve had! Thanks also for donating all the coffee at minktoberfest. We appreciate what you do. Thanks for your service in the military and for helping in all the ways you do. 40 years in business for me and I’ve found most appreciate honest effort but you will always have opposition and that is ok as it will make you work even harder. Thanks Hagz

DonP
Minktrapping.com
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: HAGz] #7770426
01/13/23 12:39 AM
01/13/23 12:39 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content
trapper

Oakland, MS

I appreciate what you're trying to do for the trapping community, but I cringe when I have to pay more than $6 for a large can of Kroger or Walmart coffee. Paying the prices you need to make a profit won't be possible in my lifetime unless maybe I give up eating meat, lol. I am curious why you care what coffee farmers in foreign countries get paid? Would make more sense to me to worry about selling a coffee that would leave Americans more money in their pockets to pay their bills.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: yotetrapper30] #7770439
01/13/23 01:10 AM
01/13/23 01:10 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

I appreciate what you're trying to do for the trapping community, but I cringe when I have to pay more than $6 for a large can of Kroger or Walmart coffee. Paying the prices you need to make a profit won't be possible in my lifetime unless maybe I give up eating meat, lol. I am curious why you care what coffee farmers in foreign countries get paid? Would make more sense to me to worry about selling a coffee that would leave Americans more money in their pockets to pay their bills.

Careful Ang. Some will say if you have nothing but positive support to offer, you shouldn't post on a open forum lol. Others will say you have started a peeing match because opinions differ. Most trappers, correct me if I'm wrong, are not wealthy peoples and can't afford to pay for expensive products that we use every day, even if they are "soul touching".
I too appreciate the sentiment, even without the disclosure of the percentage that goes towards trapping. Also, what I put in bold rings very true. Hills Brothers will suit me fine and I'll donate elsewhere where and when I can.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: Catch22] #7770446
01/13/23 01:29 AM
01/13/23 01:29 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content
trapper

Oakland, MS

Careful Ang. Some will say if you have nothing but positive support to offer, you shouldn't post on a open forum lol. Others will say you have started a peeing match because opinions differ. Most trappers, correct me if I'm wrong, are not wealthy peoples and can't afford to pay for expensive products that we use every day, even if they are "soul touching".
I too appreciate the sentiment, even without the disclosure of the percentage that goes towards trapping. Also, what I put in bold rings very true. Hills Brothers will suit me fine and I'll donate elsewhere where and when I can.

Anyone who knows me knows I don't much care what people have to say, lol. BUT I'm not trying to be argumentative. It just really doesn't make much sense to me. If he said that since he was a small producer that was the best price he could get, I'd totally understand that. I mean, it's Hagz business and he can run it as he sees fit. Maybe there's info we don't know. Maybe his wife hails from South America and he's trying to help her village or something, who knows.

But he's marketing coffee to trappers and I believe most trappers are middle class, or maybe even lower middle class. They probably don't worry too much about the plight of farmers in America let alone in South America, lol. But if they ARE well off enough to shop to support causes, I imagine it would be to support their neighboring dairy farmer more than the Columbia or Brazilian coffee bean farmer. But what do I know, lol. Supporting South American farmers by paying them exorbitant wages just seems an odd way to target American trappers, lol.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: DWC] #7770510
01/13/23 07:25 AM
01/13/23 07:25 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

HAGz, How cool is what you're doing to help underwrite trapping for future generations. I didn't know about the coffee but Donna and I plan to try it and when we do, since we're not coffee snobbish who only like the fufu types.... we'll be among the many who are fans.

Starting any enterprise takes time, talent, and treasure and I'm sure y'all have done all that, so..... A BIG THANK YOU sir!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: DWC] #7770683
01/13/23 10:45 AM
01/13/23 10:45 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I got no class I guess. I like Folgers. FWIW Hills Bros is good too. Folgers works when I make cowboy coffee or percolator too.

Years ago I knew a guy that did a lot of gold prospecting in S. America. Claimed there is a gold mine in Bolivia that was his discovery and was promptly nationalized by the government. Had a lot of interesting stories about the indians down there. Also told me one time about coffee. Said I never had coffee till I had some where the beans were picked and put in a black skillet to roast over a campfire. Then ground and used.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: DWC] #7770705
01/13/23 11:26 AM
01/13/23 11:26 AM
KY
ksp107 Offline
trapper
ksp107  Offline
trapper

KY
If you do research on coffee you will see that mass produced coffee is full of mold and toxins..... This isn't me speculating, just do some research.

Ive been down the Folgers and Maxwell House road for many years, not anymore.

To each his own. I'm going to try out the Trapline Coffee though, like to support members on here!

Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: Catch22] #7770731
01/13/23 11:58 AM
01/13/23 11:58 AM
Southern, MI
HAGz Offline
trapper
HAGz  Offline
trapper

Southern, MI
Folks, I am going to try and explain this and I'll leave it at this.
We personally believe in quality products along with ethical and fair trade practices. We appreciate our roaster participating in them, it's merely ONE reason we chose this roaster. Neighboring farms make unfair wages - for lack of better words, slave labor wages. ... Please don't read more into it than that. ... We vetted roasters for over a year, from high volume commercial to small batch small business. We also chose a roaster that allowed us to get involved with our own blends. Some day we may roast ourselves, but that's not in the foreseeable future so we wanted someone with our same guiding principles. Our roaster is a small business in a small town and roasts in small batches to ensure quality and flavor characteristics. That's ANOTHER reason we are using the roaster we are using. Those items alone come with additional costs. ... WE ARE NOT trying to produce the cheapest coffee available, that's already out there, your already drinking it. If that works for you, by all means keep doing so! Nobody said you must drink trapline coffee.

In the early 2000's we used to own a franchised coffee company. A full blown brick and mortar, drive through, dine in, etc... My wife ran it... We closed it down after the recession in 2008 but my wife has had the desire to do something with coffee again... With J3 Outdoorz/HAGz products already developed, we decided this would be a good opportunity to try and raise more funds for trapping like we do through J3 Outdoorz... A win win... She gets to run a coffee business and it helps support an industry I am passionate about.

I cringe when I have to pay more than $6 for a large can of Kroger or Walmart coffee. Paying the prices you need to make a profit won't be possible in my lifetime unless maybe I give up eating meat, lol. I am curious why you care what coffee farmers in foreign countries get paid? Would make more sense to me to worry about selling a coffee that would leave Americans more money in their pockets to pay their bills.

No need to cringe, just don't buy it... pretty simple. Go look on the store shelves, ours at $14.99 for small batch, craft coffee is NOT the most expensive. Stick with your $6 can, it's all good... We care about ethical and fair practices... Same reason our HAGz products and every bit of merchandise is made in the USA. We do our best to support local, but is some cases, like coffee, it's not grown in the US. ... Other items, like merchandise (steel tumblers as an example) are no longer made in the US, it's a Chinese market... We do our best to support local and ethical/fair trade when possible. FWIW: YES, THIS IS THE BEST PRICE we can achieve currently. Margins are VERY low. But again, we are trying to raise trapping awareness, support trapping all while providing the customer a top shelf coffee.

I too appreciate the sentiment, even without the disclosure of the percentage that goes towards trapping.

The % varries by product, I can gurantee its 100% more than any other coffee co is donating towards trapping.
We also have a change roll up program and a donation program.
All $ raised is displayed on the front page, full transparency.

For you people to nit pick and try and run down something that is working towards benefitting trapping is mind boggling. You clearly have no interest in purchasing it, so why it ruffles your feathers so much is absurd. Quite disgusting actually. I will not get in a pissing match with any of you... This is really too simple... Either support it, or don't... but no need to bad mouth or bash it.

--- HAGz
www.j3o.com
Re: Trapline Coffee [Re: ksp107] #7770737
01/13/23 12:04 PM
01/13/23 12:04 PM
Southern, MI
HAGz Offline
trapper
HAGz  Offline
trapper

Southern, MI
Originally Posted by MinkGuy
Wow. I’m hooked. The best I’ve had! Thanks also for donating all the coffee at minktoberfest. We appreciate what you do. Thanks for your service in the military and for helping in all the ways you do. 40 years in business for me and I’ve found most appreciate honest effort but you will always have opposition and that is ok as it will make you work even harder. Thanks Hagz

Thank you Don, that means a lot sir, we are just trying to do what ever we can. We appreciate what you do as well. I must say, Minktoberfest 2022 was off the charts!

Originally Posted by Mark June
HAGz, How cool is what you're doing to help underwrite trapping for future generations. I didn't know about the coffee but Donna and I plan to try it and when we do, since we're not coffee snobbish who only like the fufu types.... we'll be among the many who are fans.

Starting any enterprise takes time, talent, and treasure and I'm sure y'all have done all that, so..... A BIG THANK YOU sir!

Blessings,
Mark

Thank you very much Mr. June. Jessica and I appreciate your kind words. Look forward to seeing you and Mrs. Donna this summer.

Originally Posted by ksp107
If you do research on coffee you will see that mass produced coffee is full of mold and toxins..... This isn't me speculating, just do some research.

Ive been down the Folgers and Maxwell House road for many years, not anymore.

To each his own. I'm going to try out the Trapline Coffee though, like to support members on here!

Thank you KSP, we appreciate it. - Yes, you are correct on your research!

--- HAGz
www.j3o.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread