No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: foxkidd44] #7767046
01/09/23 02:04 PM
01/09/23 02:04 PM
mi. u.p
grapestomper Offline
trapper
grapestomper  Offline
trapper

mi. u.p
My triglycerides were very high. My Dads are also.
I take something for that for maybe 15 years and a low dose aspirin.
My numbers are very good now and get tested twice a year.
I would much rather have good numbers than worry about some possible scam.

Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: yukonjeff] #7767110
01/09/23 03:31 PM
01/09/23 03:31 PM
KY
ksp107 Offline
trapper
ksp107  Offline
trapper

KY
Originally Posted by yukonjeff
I am 6' 2" 175 and in my 60s. I do two sets of 85 pushups and two sets of 60 crunches and a few curls for the girls every other night.

I chop wood, and two feet of ice every two days.

I dont eat at any resterants or fast food at all. I eat meat, fish, fowl, eggs, dairy, vegies nuts, berries, and some chocolate.

I quit smoking cigarettes and chewing. No sugar drinks or beer.

I only take steam baths.

My Dad lived into his 90s. My odds of survival are pretty good.

If I die sooner than 80 it will probably be from falling through the ice or being stomped by a moose.

Or a jealous woman
wink

Good for you! I guess you are not on any medication either?

Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: foxkidd44] #7767115
01/09/23 03:42 PM
01/09/23 03:42 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
I've been taking simvastatin about 20 years now along with CoQ10, 200 mgs. My overall number is around 140 with the good and bad numbers in the safe range.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: foxkidd44] #7767153
01/09/23 04:40 PM
01/09/23 04:40 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Yukon, I don't need to "prove anything" because my ax is already sharp enough and I got none to grind. I don't care if you or anyone else takes them or doesn't.

There's a reason why the average lifespan of Americans continues to rise. Around the turn of the last century it was less than 50. It's now over 70. That's due largely to advancements in medical science...something I tend to believe in.

Last edited by beaverpeeler; 01/09/23 04:52 PM.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: foxkidd44] #7767165
01/09/23 05:01 PM
01/09/23 05:01 PM
Underwood,Indiana
M
mask bandit Offline
trapper
mask bandit  Offline
trapper
M

Underwood,Indiana
About 8 years ago, my cholesterol was 125 , the doctor wanted it down . I didn’t like what I read about them . So I like doing herbal , so I use cayenne pepper. Had my cholesterol checked last year and it was fine. Cayenne pepper is good for blood circulation

Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: grapestomper] #7767170
01/09/23 05:08 PM
01/09/23 05:08 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by grapestomper

The people who make the money from you taking the medication are the same ones that give you the numbers. Pretty much the definition of a scam.

I would much rather not fall into the trap of taking these meds when the whole thing is based on me believing numbers that I do not. Do a little research on the numbers themselves and you will realize you are the one that fell for the scam.

Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: BernieB.] #7767178
01/09/23 05:20 PM
01/09/23 05:20 PM
mi. u.p
grapestomper Offline
trapper
grapestomper  Offline
trapper

mi. u.p
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Originally Posted by grapestomper

The people who make the money from you taking the medication are the same ones that give you the numbers. Pretty much the definition of a scam.

I would much rather not fall into the trap of taking these meds when the whole thing is based on me believing numbers that I do not. Do a little research on the numbers themselves and you will realize you are the one that fell for the scam.

I can live with that.

Last edited by grapestomper; 01/09/23 05:21 PM. Reason: mistake
Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: foxkidd44] #7767186
01/09/23 05:26 PM
01/09/23 05:26 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Back in the 1980's I believe it was, 180-200 LDL was considered high cholesterol.

The companies that produce statins pressured to have those numbers lowered, which they have been several time, now only anything under 100 is considered safe, 100-150 is considered high and 160 is considered life threatening. All this under pressure from the drug companies. Plus I have no doubt that doctors who provide several kinds of meds including statins are getting kickbacks from prescribing them.

They like to say that the number of people with high cholesterol is skyrocketing, as a scare tactic, but what they don't tell you is that the main reason for it's skyrocketing is because they are lowering the numbers! In 1980, 10% of people had high ldl today 50% do. Part of that is poor diet, but most of it is simply that there are a lot more people between the NUMBERS of100 and 180.

It's a scam. Most European companies have banned statins altogether.

Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: foxkidd44] #7767197
01/09/23 05:49 PM
01/09/23 05:49 PM
coastal ny
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

coastal ny
No different then the changing numbers that say you now have diabetes.... medicine sales are great....for the for the drug companies....

Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: mask bandit] #7767239
01/09/23 07:09 PM
01/09/23 07:09 PM
Iowa
L
Ltrman Offline
trapper
Ltrman  Offline
trapper
L

Iowa
Originally Posted by mask bandit
About 8 years ago, my cholesterol was 125 , the doctor wanted it down . I didn’t like what I read about them . So I like doing herbal , so I use cayenne pepper. Had my cholesterol checked last year and it was fine. Cayenne pepper is good for blood circulation

125? Is that your total cholesterol? Or LDL? Either way that's pretty low. I'd take that number any day and then I'd get a new Doc.

Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: foxkidd44] #7767242
01/09/23 07:13 PM
01/09/23 07:13 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
I had been taking one for many years. They do have some complications for some. I cut my dosage way back due to the leg cramping I was experiencing at night. Then stopped completely. Too many complications.

Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: beaverpeeler] #7767272
01/09/23 07:50 PM
01/09/23 07:50 PM
Iowa
L
Ltrman Offline
trapper
Ltrman  Offline
trapper
L

Iowa
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Jeff, I know a trapper who had just retired and was looking forward to trapping full time in the winters. His wife who did not believe in taking the "Doctors pills" suffered a major stroke and now this guy spends his days 24-7 taking care of his chair bound wife and spoon feeding her.

So to answer your open ended question I offer up this: Stokes are caused mainly by blockages of blood flow. Cholesterol (the bad kind) helps to build up plaque. If she would have been taking statins she likely would not have had the stroke.

Anecdotal examples aren't very helpful. I could say the same about individuals who took all the meds the doc prescribed, without question, and suffered the same fate. Not all strokes are caused by blockages, in fact, from my understanding, the most deadly are hemorrhagic strokes...essentially a brain bleed. My brother died at 74 from a hemorrhagic stroke. He was on meds for peripheral artery disease, and a blood thinner. According to the ER doc, they couldn't stop the brain bleed because of the blood thinner he was on. I don't have any answers and am just as confused as anyone. My family history of stroke on the men's side is not good. 2 brothers and my father had strokes. But my mother is 103 so who knows. I finally gave in to my doc and started taking a statin about a year ago...but I'm always looking for a reason to stop taking them. I did one of those Lifeline screenings and everything came back clean. So who knows? There is a ton of info supporting both sides of the issue. It can drive a person crazy trying to figure out who has the "right" info, especially with all of the YouTube docs.

Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: foxkidd44] #7767275
01/09/23 07:54 PM
01/09/23 07:54 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Doc started me on it a year ago, I quit this summer because of joint pain, Number went up to 280 so I started again, pains are back. Not sure what to do.

Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: beaverpeeler] #7767718
01/10/23 03:47 AM
01/10/23 03:47 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by ksp107
I am 6' 2" 175 and in my 60s. I do two sets of 85 pushups and two sets of 60 crunches and a few curls for the girls every other night.

I dont eat at any resterants or fast food at all. I eat meat, fish, fowl, eggs, dairy, vegies nuts, berries, and some chocolate.

I only take steam baths.

If I die sooner than 80 it will probably be from falling through the ice or being stomped by a moose.

Or a jealous woman
wink

No meds at all.

Yukon, I don't need to "prove anything" because my ax is already sharp enough and I got none to grind. I don't care if you or anyone else takes them or doesn't.

There's a reason why the average lifespan of Americans continues to rise. Around the turn of the last century it was less than 50. It's now over 70. That's due largely to advancements in medical science...something I tend to believe in.

Actually, the lifespan in America is in decline. The number one killer in the US is still heart disease even though statin use is also the highest its ever been.

And I was not grinding "my axe". not sure where that came from. I simply stated the doctors graph show the rise in statin use did not bring down the death from heart disease and asked you to show me otherwise.

Also did you statin users know that your chances of getting dementia doubles, and here are a few more bad things that can happen.

Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: yukonjeff] #7778275
01/21/23 11:18 AM
01/21/23 11:18 AM
Eastern W by God V
Crowfoot Offline
trapper
Crowfoot  Offline
trapper

Eastern W by God V

I only take steam baths.

Or a jealous woman
wink
No meds at all.

Interesting Jeff ... as I am in the same boat.
The Doc here has some very valid points, and research to prove it.
(unlike the hidden/deceptive research from the "dealers")
Thanks for posting the vids. He has several others as well.
The drug company's have found a legal way to do what cartels have been doing all along.
BIG profit ! Big taxes ! BIG bonuses and paychecks.
Used to call it Snake Oil smile

Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: foxkidd44] #7778294
01/21/23 11:36 AM
01/21/23 11:36 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Statins are pure poison as far as Im concerned. There is clear evidence that statins have a role in the incidence of dementia and many other problems. Its not hard to find doctors that believe the widespread use of these drugs are very close to crimes against humanity. To each their own, but my advice would be to do some deep research before you take them. I think by now everyone probably knows just because big pharma and a few government doctors say a drug will prevent something and is 'safe' doesnt mean its true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odvt4EaGPLw

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: Diggerman] #7778326
01/21/23 12:16 PM
01/21/23 12:16 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Doc started me on it a year ago, I quit this summer because of joint pain, Number went up to 280 so I started again, pains are back. Not sure what to do.

watch this, might give you some ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY48qLl9ZzE

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: foxkidd44] #7778347
01/21/23 12:34 PM
01/21/23 12:34 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
People are living longer partly due to modern medicine. The side effects should fall on the prescriber but it takes too long for them to do the explanation since they are spread too thin because of the mandates from Obama care!

So when a doctor prescribes ( here take this) a drug for you take the time and do the research on your own and make an informed decision whether to put it in your body or not!

I am not saying not to take medicine just look into the side effects. There are literally 100’s of each type of medicine
Anyway be informed

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: foxkidd44] #7778360
01/21/23 12:45 PM
01/21/23 12:45 PM
NY
T
trappermac NY Offline
trapper
trappermac NY  Offline
trapper
T

NY
People need people to agree with their point of view typically to validate their choices.

I'm a grown man, I can do the research, discuss with my doctor, evaluate my health numbers, and then make a decision that I feel is best for me given my health history, family health history, etc. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at age 60, along with those meds I was also put on a statin. My doctors opinion, and my own from my research is....yes, there are negative effects from statins, but the benefits outweigh those negatives. At least for me. Your mileage may differ, and that's fine.

Member NYSTA, NTA, FBU, ECTA
Re: Any one else on statins? [Re: yukonjeff] #7778377
01/21/23 01:03 PM
01/21/23 01:03 PM
West Virginia
R
Roofbolter Offline
trapper
Roofbolter  Offline
trapper
R

West Virginia
Originally Posted by ksp107
[quote=yukonjeff] I am 6' 2" 175 and in my 60s. I do two sets of 85 pushups and two sets of 60 crunches and a few curls for the girls every other night.

I only take steam baths.

Or a jealous woman
wink

No meds at all.

Actually, the lifespan in America is in decline. The number one killer in the US is still heart disease even though statin use is also the highest its ever been.

And I was not grinding "my axe". not sure where that came from. I simply stated the doctors graph show the rise in statin use did not bring down the death from heart disease and asked you to show me otherwise.

Also did you statin users know that your chances of getting dementia doubles, and here are a few more bad things that can happen.

[/quote]
Yukon, you are absolutely right. The decline in Life Span is true!! It is not increasing and these new drugs are the problem. Most are not even tested thoroughly like these Covid Injections. Funny how EVERY death was Covid. I read in the paper where my Uncle died of Covid when we all new he died of a Brain Tumor and he spent his final days in our home and had been diagnosed 6 months prior. The Pharmacueticals push it for the Dollar just like Fauci did!!!

Coal Mining makes Liberals Cry!!!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread