No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: Wolfdog91] #7763707
01/05/23 09:01 PM
01/05/23 09:01 PM
Iowa
TrapperDR Offline
trapper
TrapperDR  Offline
trapper

Iowa
A good leader will respect that and see you are wanting to learn or understand the situation. A weak leader or in some cases, one with no time, will tell you to fall in line and not worry about it. Most cases it is the foremost and not the latter in my experience.

Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7763717
01/05/23 09:12 PM
01/05/23 09:12 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland

-Goofy-
Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: Jurassic Park] #7763720
01/05/23 09:13 PM
01/05/23 09:13 PM
Iowa
TrapperDR Offline
trapper
TrapperDR  Offline
trapper

Iowa
You can't be a leader if you have no followers...

Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: TrapperDR] #7763721
01/05/23 09:14 PM
01/05/23 09:14 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by TrapperDR
A good leader will respect that and see you are wanting to learn or understand the situation. A weak leader or in some cases, one with no time, will tell you to fall in line and not worry about it. Most cases it is the foremost and not the latter in my experience.

More and I see the second. All the best leaders and bosses I've had have no problems whatsoever with criticism and questions,like you said they respect it. However more and more you get people into leadership positions who just want peoel to do what their told . Yeah military showed me more times then I can count how bad that is.
Like we have a new manager at work in our department, guy is a real corporate type and dot. Like dealing with my department too much . Why ? We constantly ask why before we do something and sooo many times it's been shown he has no clue what he's doing . Our store manager however ( one of the best bosses I've ever had ) loves it though.
And what screws me up is so many people take not questioning your "superiors" as a virtue. Anytime I've been put in a leadership position it's miffed me a little how easily peoel can just become drones. Speaks alot for society imo.

Honestly I think it's more important to have great people under you who will tell you when you screwing up then just to be a good leader off the bat

Last edited by Wolfdog91; 01/05/23 09:16 PM.
Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7763730
01/05/23 09:18 PM
01/05/23 09:18 PM
Utah
foxhunter52 Offline
trapper
foxhunter52  Offline
trapper

Utah
More of a team player here. But once in a while I have a thought worth listening to.

Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: Wolfdog91] #7763740
01/05/23 09:26 PM
01/05/23 09:26 PM
Iowa
TrapperDR Offline
trapper
TrapperDR  Offline
trapper

Iowa
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Originally Posted by TrapperDR

More and I see the second. All the best leaders and bosses I've had have no problems whatsoever with criticism and questions,like you said they respect it. However more and more you get people into leadership positions who just want peoel to do what their told . Yeah military showed me more times then I can count how bad that is.
Like we have a new manager at work in our department, guy is a real corporate type and dot. Like dealing with my department too much . Why ? We constantly ask why before we do something and sooo many times it's been shown he has no clue what he's doing . Our store manager however ( one of the best bosses I've ever had ) loves it though.
And what screws me up is so many people take not questioning your "superiors" as a virtue. Anytime I've been put in a leadership position it's miffed me a little how easily peoel can just become drones. Speaks alot for society imo.

Honestly I think it's more important to have great people under you who will tell you when you screwing up then just to be a good leader off the bat

I am fortunate in life and worked my way from a line worker to Plant Manager. Had a great deal of good leadership and some poor in that time frame. Each time I learned from both and grew into my beliefs today. It's not easy but I used my career as college and an career at the same time. It helped to keep me balanced, at least that's my belief.

Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7763751
01/05/23 09:34 PM
01/05/23 09:34 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Leaders are targets.

I am usually more valuable as a sniper.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: T-Rex] #7763797
01/05/23 09:56 PM
01/05/23 09:56 PM
Iowa
TrapperDR Offline
trapper
TrapperDR  Offline
trapper

Iowa
Originally Posted by T-Rex
Leaders are targets.

I am more valuable as a sniper.

I took that approach for a long time. Now I am a target and I am OK with that. I now know everything from top to bottom and am a valuable target...

Last edited by TrapperDR; 01/05/23 09:59 PM.
Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7763850
01/05/23 11:02 PM
01/05/23 11:02 PM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
I find this thread very interesting. The last few years I have had ample time to reflect on this. I am much like wolfdog.....I like to ask questions and analyze and then make my best educated decision. I have been sent home for 2 years for not ever wearing a mask, never getting an experimental jab that was never legally approved, and not bowing to being singled out and medically tested. But, yet the entire time, I put my full faith in Jesus Christ, following Him and His promises. I have stood alone many times in my life due to my faith and trust in my saviour. I lead my family and those few that truly know me and know that I love them and honestly care about their eternal outcomes. To many, I am not a team player and don't play well with others. I still believe what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. I do not compromise well in todays society that can not define a woman and think men can get pregnant.

Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7763881
01/05/23 11:54 PM
01/05/23 11:54 PM
Alaska
EnigmaticGwichin Offline
trapper
EnigmaticGwichin  Offline
trapper

Alaska
Now adays if you show up and work hard your almost forced into leadership positions At least in my experience.

Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7763929
01/06/23 02:54 AM
01/06/23 02:54 AM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
Be a follower of JESUS,,,, and let the Bible guide your life....

Kenneth schoening
Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: red mt] #7764085
01/06/23 09:16 AM
01/06/23 09:16 AM
Sauk County, WI
Patrice Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "
Patrice  Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "

Sauk County, WI
Leader.

Interesting comments here. I'll add that the people who are followers - in business or in other endeavors - are just as critical to success as the leaders. All roles are important.

WTA District 9 Director ... Go D9!
Member: WTA, Intertel, Mensa (Trappers ain't stupid.)
Life Member: NRA
Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: Patrice] #7764095
01/06/23 09:26 AM
01/06/23 09:26 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Patrice
Leader.

Interesting comments here. I'll add that the people who are followers - in business or in other endeavors - are just as critical to success as the leaders. All roles are important.

Very true.
I think everyone has a niche where they will be most sucsessful and comfortable. And in reality, for most of us that is not at the top of the heap.

Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: trapdog1] #7764116
01/06/23 09:49 AM
01/06/23 09:49 AM
Wisconsin
E
Eagleye Offline
trapper
Eagleye  Offline
trapper
E

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by Patrice
Leader.

Very true.
I think everyone has a niche where they will be most sucsessful and comfortable. And in reality, for most of us that is not at the top of the heap.

Couldn't agree more!
Expounding on that thought without high jacking the thread- Are you Born a Leader or Made a Leader?
There’s a lot of studies that show it’s innate and/or the way your wired, proof of this resides in the kid on the playground theory, that all other kids gravitate toward him/her or the historical tyranny leaders that utilized leadership skills in a notorious manner. Both these examples show no formal training or honing and refining their leadership skills over time. You were probably born a leader.
Being understanding, appreciating and flexible to other individuals social style alignment makes a driven leader more successful. A family or a business needs, amiable people, analytical people, expressive people and driven people.

Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7764120
01/06/23 09:54 AM
01/06/23 09:54 AM
NC - Here there and everywhere
C
coondagger2 Offline
"Brat"
coondagger2  Offline
"Brat"
C

NC - Here there and everywhere
I went through a 30 day backcountry backpacking trip in the Wind River Range to determine the answer to this question

It was a mandatory trip for students that received the same academic scholarship that I did

It becomes very, very clear who the leaders are

I am a leader

Gotta live up to the nickname...
Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7764140
01/06/23 10:19 AM
01/06/23 10:19 AM
coastal ny
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

coastal ny
I've had good bosses and bad bosses, you learn more from the bad ones on what NOT to do... I'm also my own boss now, I rarely question what I do, lol

From my perspective, a good leader/boss needs to know what the job is, be willing to work with the underlings in that job, and be able to communicate why....assuming who you're working with has any intelligence at all...

Screamers, schemers, and know it alls are not leaders, you can choose the adjective of your choice to describe them... cool

Re: Are you a leader, follower or somewhere in between [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7764147
01/06/23 10:29 AM
01/06/23 10:29 AM
Idaville, Indiana
M
MB750 Offline
trapper
MB750  Offline
trapper
M

Idaville, Indiana
I never thought of myself as a real leader but as I get older, I find myself more of a Get-It-Doner. If something needs to be accomplished it somehow ends up in my lap & I get it done.

For years I have been tomstrap, now I must change because of the whims of the cyber world. NRA Life, ISTA Life, FTA Life, NTA Life
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread