Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Frozen wolf [Re: Big finn] #7754642
12/25/22 11:06 PM
12/25/22 11:06 PM
Northwest Territories
M
muskrat411 Offline
trapper
muskrat411  Offline
trapper
M

Northwest Territories
I seen a few videos that said to thaw them in a big tub. This is supposed to speed up the thaw and make for a better skin too bad Ryan McLeod left the channel he has done lots of frozen wolves.

Re: Frozen wolf [Re: Big finn] #7755081
12/26/22 04:42 PM
12/26/22 04:42 PM
Alaska, USA
Top Jimmy Offline
"Assistant Speling Zcar"
Top Jimmy  Offline
"Assistant Speling Zcar"

Alaska, USA
Like others have said, compress the fur if you can. I used some of those cheese cloth-like crappy game bags to slide over the body like a sock to hold the fir down. Roll on like a sock from the head down and then pull it over the legs. I am not a fan of plastic as it helps hold in moisture. Also hang from hind legs so the guts go up into the chest cavity. My 2 cents.

-TJ

Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Re: Frozen wolf [Re: yukonjeff] #7755685
12/27/22 01:23 PM
12/27/22 01:23 PM
Alaska
B
badgerboy14 Offline
trapper
badgerboy14  Offline
trapper
B

Alaska
Originally Posted by yukonjeff
Originally Posted by martentrapper
There is another product too that taxidermists use but I forgot the name. Google might be your friend. Congrats on the wolf.

Stop Rot perhaps.

I use Stop Rot on green areas. Skin the animal, flesh the green areas right away, then treat with stop rot.

https://shop.matuskataxidermy.com/products/stop-rot

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman