No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Chancey] #7744814
12/15/22 09:43 PM
12/15/22 09:43 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by Chancey
Well, I guess this conundrum has been solved. We Christians are to sit patiently, pray, and continue TRYING to live like Christ while the world burns down; as it is God's will.

Good thing this country has atheists like Danny, Scuba, and BlainCo to do the fighting when it does become necessary as the Christians will be too busy praying, trying to be more Christ like, taking our children out of the school system, and continue to become isolationists. I guess our job is to just wait on the Lord, pray, attempt to change our lives and family, repent, attempt to turn goats into sheep, kill the sin within us, and wait for that day when the sword comes to our door. Even then, if we are good Christians we should accept it, bow down and claim Jesus is Lord as they cut off our head and murder our family; or worse throw us all into a brazen bull. That way the heathens will take notice and realize Christ is King. Its for the Glory of God!

Because according to most posts on this thread, there is NOT a time to fight; at least for Christians. Other than Ken Smith, Hobbie, JStaton, and Marty, that is what I think I have have interpreted thus far.

Where am I wrong? As the wise Danny Clifton once said, "even the mouse tries to bite the coyote just before it is eaten."

I'm an atheist because I pointed out the obvious: rampant Tman keyboard talk about fantasy fights that don't happen and will likely never happen?

That was a heck of a leap.

Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Chancey] #7744817
12/15/22 09:45 PM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon
Just a ? == I haven't read every post on this, but have been following it since the beginning == How do we know if it is God or satan telling us to "take out the trash"?

Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Chancey] #7744818
MN
S
Steven 49er Online content
trapper
Steven 49er  Online Content
trapper
S

MN
I didn't say there wasn't a time to fight Chancey, what I am saying is defend.

Have you seriously thought about what an armed revolution in this country will look like? Have you even considered you will more than likely loose several family members. How about if you get in with the wrong bunch of knuckleheads and get tossed in jail before it's kicked off?

Lets start with the basics. Do you think your household is armed well enough? Do you have body armor? If this kicks off it won't be like the first revolution, it's going to be bloody, people will starve. 600k dead in the civil war. That will be childs play.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Blaine County] #7744824
12/15/22 09:55 PM
12/15/22 09:55 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Blaine County
[quote=Chancey]Well, I guess this conundrum has been solved. We Christians are to sit patiently, pray, and continue TRYING to live like Christ while the world burns down; as it is God's will.

Good thing this country has atheists like Danny, Scuba, and BlainCo to do the fighting when it does become necessary as the Christians will be too busy praying, trying to be more Christ like, taking our children out of the school system, and continue to become isolationists. I guess our job is to just wait on the Lord, pray, attempt to change our lives and family, repent, attempt to turn goats into sheep, kill the sin within us, and wait for that day when the sword comes to our door. Even then, if we are good Christians we should accept it, bow down and claim Jesus is Lord as they cut off our head and murder our family; or worse throw us all into a brazen bull. That way the heathens will take notice and realize Christ is King. Its for the Glory of God!

Because according to most posts on this thread, there is NOT a time to fight; at least for Christians. Other than Ken Smith, Hobbie, JStaton, and Marty, that is what I think I have have interpreted thus far.

Where am I wrong? As the wise Danny Clifton once said, "even the mouse tries to bite the coyote just before it is eaten."

I'm an atheist because I pointed out the obvious: rampant Tman keyboard talk about fantasy fights that don't happen and will likely never happen?

That was a heck of a leap. [/quote

I apologize. I thought you were an atheist. My fault.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Steven 49er] #7744826
12/15/22 09:56 PM
12/15/22 09:56 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
600k dead in the civil war. That will be childs play.

It will need to be where we are today vs. then.

-Goofy-
Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Chancey] #7744827
12/15/22 10:00 PM
12/15/22 10:00 PM
MN
S
trapper
trapper
S

MN
30 to 35 million people in this country during the Civil War. 10 times that many now, can we extrapolate 6 million dead? It will be more.

Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Steven 49er] #7744829
12/15/22 10:03 PM
12/15/22 10:03 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

30 to 35 million people in this country during the Civil War. 10 times that many now, can we extrapolate 6 million dead? It will be more.

Things will definitely be stinky for a while.

-Goofy-
Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Chancey] #7744834
12/15/22 10:08 PM
12/15/22 10:08 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Goodness Steven, I’m not calling for a revolution, just asking if there is a time we need to fight back. I think there is, and it means fighting back to local governments, city councils, and school boards. If they try to silence us, then we should fight back. If the Fed Gov gets involved, then I think we should fight back.

Do we just keep defending until it is at our doorstep?

Re: A Time to Fight [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7744836
12/15/22 10:10 PM
12/15/22 10:10 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Things will definitely be stinky for a while.

Blood will be deep up to the horses bridle I hear.

Guess we need to decide what side of the pool we want to die on.

Levi
Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Chancey] #7744838
12/15/22 10:11 PM
12/15/22 10:11 PM
MN
S
trapper
trapper
S

MN
It's always time to fight back in the political arena.

Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Chancey] #7744841
12/15/22 10:14 PM
12/15/22 10:14 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
That’s the problem, the political arenas is where this is happening and promoting it.

Re: A Time to Fight [Re: KsTrapper88] #7744854
12/15/22 10:28 PM
12/15/22 10:28 PM
Flint Hills, KS
J
jht Offline
trapper
jht  Offline
trapper
J

Flint Hills, KS
Originally Posted by KsTrapper88
Standing can look a lot of different ways.
A biblical example was shadrach meshak and abednego.

Yeah, man that’s a great one. Daniel is working with exactly the problems being discussed here.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego replied to the king, “Nebuchadnezzar, we are not in need of an answer to give you concerning this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to rescue us from the furnace of blazing fire; [n]and He will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods nor worship the golden statue that you have set up.”

Chancey, I hear and understand your frustration. I am just as frustrated. The enemy is already at your doorstep. I just think the Bible has a different definition of what it means to take a stand and fight back. I don’t think anyone here has said that you need to remain silent or to be passive. We Christians MUST fight back just like Jesus did. We just have to be careful to do it LIKE He did, not like the world tells us to.

Re: A Time to Fight [Re: H2ORat] #7744875
12/15/22 10:52 PM
12/15/22 10:52 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by H2ORat
Just a ? == I haven't read every post on this, but have been following it since the beginning == How do we know if it is God or satan telling us to "take out the trash"?

Excellent question WaterRat, For me, you hold it up against the Truth of the Bible and Jesus Christ. Satan is clever and the best liar of all; he uses half truths to make his point and even uses the Word of God out of context to deceive. The best lies always have some truth to them. To know for sure, you must test everything that you hear against the Word, which is written in the Bible. If it comes up short, or discredits Jesus as the Son of God in any way, then it is not of God IMO.

Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Chancey] #7744886
12/15/22 11:01 PM
12/15/22 11:01 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
By the way, I don't think that because of Jesus Christ, we are 100% rid of the Law or the Torah. True, I do KNOW that Jesus is our only savior, but I don't think that is a reason to not learn and study the OT and how it is extremely important and relevant to the NT. Seems too many modern day Christians are NT only and never bother to take the time to understand what God did before then. Just my opinion of course.

Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Foxpaw] #7744894
12/15/22 11:09 PM
12/15/22 11:09 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Is homosexuality a sin or an abomination and what is the difference? Seriously looking for thoughts on this.

Both

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: A Time to Fight [Re: amspoker] #7744898
12/15/22 11:13 PM
12/15/22 11:13 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by amspoker
Now that is facetious! Well done.

If Jesus's example wasn't good enough, I don't know what to tell you.

"Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it."

Kicken' the moneychangers rear right out of the Temple is also an example to follow. Sometimes there is dirty work to be done. I do believe this was an action of Jesus the man. Had He acted as Jesus the Lion some smiting would have went on, not just an attitude adjustment.

Re: A Time to Fight [Re: jht] #7744899
12/15/22 11:14 PM
12/15/22 11:14 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by jht
Originally Posted by KsTrapper88
Standing can look a lot of different ways.
A biblical example was shadrach meshak and abednego.

Yeah, man that’s a great one. Daniel is working with exactly the problems being discussed here.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego replied to the king, “Nebuchadnezzar, we are not in need of an answer to give you concerning this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to rescue us from the furnace of blazing fire; [n]and He will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods nor worship the golden statue that you have set up.”

Chancey, I hear and understand your frustration. I am just as frustrated. The enemy is already at your doorstep. I just think the Bible has a different definition of what it means to take a stand and fight back. I don’t think anyone here has said that you need to remain silent or to be passive. We Christians MUST fight back just like Jesus did. We just have to be careful to do it LIKE He did, not like the world tells us to.

jht Sir, thank you for your inputs on this thread. I need it. I think every page of the OT points to Jesus. I think Jesus has been around since the beginning but, also became both a man and God in the NT.

Question...

Do you think Jesus may have been the Voice in burning bush when the bush spoke to Moses? And maybe He was the Angel of the Lord whom Joshua spoke with before the battle of Jericho? Or all the other mentions of the Angel of the Lord within the Bible? Do you think it was Jesus or an archangel like Michael?

Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Chancey] #7744904
12/15/22 11:27 PM
12/15/22 11:27 PM
South Central Kansas
KsTrapper88 Offline
trapper
KsTrapper88  Offline
trapper

South Central Kansas

For me, you hold it up against the Truth of the Bible and Jesus Christ. Satan is clever and the best liar of all; he uses half truths to make his point and even uses the Word of God out of context to deceive. The best lies always have some truth to them. To know for sure, you must test everything that you hear against the Word, which is written in the Bible. If it comes up short, or discredits Jesus as the Son of God in any way, then it is not of God IMO.

Well put Chancey. Good stuff right there.

Derek
Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Chancey] #7744959
12/16/22 01:05 AM
12/16/22 01:05 AM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma

jht Sir, thank you for your inputs on this thread. I need it. I think every page of the OT points to Jesus. I think Jesus has been around since the beginning but, also became both a man and God in the NT.

Question...

Do you think Jesus may have been the Voice in burning bush when the bush spoke to Moses? And maybe He was the Angel of the Lord whom Joshua spoke with before the battle of Jericho? Or all the other mentions of the Angel of the Lord within the Bible? Do you think it was Jesus or an archangel like Michael?

They are called Christophanies. The old testament appearances of Christ. My fav is when Jacob beat Jesus in wrestling and received his new name. It always makes me think of how mankind can so easily beat the spirit by walking in the flesh but in the end only mankind can take damage and that damage stays with you. That'll preach.

Jesus was also the "Voice of the Lord God walking" in Genesis 3.

Anyways there will always be a time to fight no matter what some folks might think. Much like in the old testament when the people would be numbered for war some men would be allowed to leave due to being newly married and some due to fear. Not all men are made to fight. But many men try to make the Bible say what they themselves believe, and none of us can be completely right on how we interpret the Bible. In fact there is no private interpretation of the prophecies in the Bible yet so many have a private interpretation.

Also to the comment about 1 Samuel 4.... it's important to note that the reason God allowed the Hebrews to be defeated was to destroy Hophni and Phinehas. It was judgment. They had become sons of Belial. And the man who raised them was dead as a doornail upon hearing the news. From that point forth Samuel was the prophet. Don't forget that Phinehas' wife died giving birth but not before she named her son Ichabod which means that the glory of the Lord has departed from Israel. See the sons of Eli had become reprobate and had been rejected from leading the children of Israel so God used the Philistines to destroy them paving the way for Samuel. I believe you are wrong by saying that's how the Hebrews felt because it is obvious that the men leading the Hebrews didn't put God first at all. So the people thought to bring a symbol ahead of them something that is a picture of God and his throne as a way to win, but they did this without turning to God in their hearts. They lost the battle and the Hebrews lost 2 false prophets and one backslidden prophet, but gained a real man of God in Samuel.
All things work together for good right. Anyways this has been fun. I don't think there is anything I enjoy more than the mental exercise of a confrontational discussion about the Bible.

Matthew 7:6 KJV
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: A Time to Fight [Re: Chancey] #7745033
12/16/22 08:38 AM
12/16/22 08:38 AM
N Central Kansas
Z
ZionHeritageFarm Offline
trapper
ZionHeritageFarm  Offline
trapper
Z

N Central Kansas
I don’t believe there is never a time to fight, far from it. What I cautioned about was using the word to serve our purposes. History is chock full of times when man decided, based on their beliefs, that it was time to fight.. and it didn’t turn out well. God promises victory when HE calls the battle. He doesn’t when we call the battle in His name.
I do very much we are called to be in battle at this time, but currently not using the tools of violence.
There are many tools to do battle with. Prayer being the biggest. Our money following behind. Standing firmly upon the Word of the Lord and making choices everyday. Being informed about the company policies that you spend your money at. What stores, Hollywood, TV providers, music, etc.
How you present yourself at your workplace.
How you drive.
Is the Lord clearly evident in all aspects of your life ? Do you truly reflect the Light and His teachings. Do you stand against non biblical aspects at your job? Enough to leave it if necessary, through prayer and faith ? Are you bold ?
What if you feel led to move from the area you grew up in to follow where God is leading you, without really being sure what He has for you in the new area, leaving your aging mother, siblings and children. To build a small farm to provide in hard times.
Many weapons..

Last edited by ZionHeritageFarm; 12/16/22 08:40 AM.

From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth. Psalms 50:2
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread