No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
It's been a blessing for Donna and I #7739698
12/10/22 07:14 AM
12/10/22 07:14 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

This next year's Trapper's Academy in Cunningham, Kansas - our 8th year - will be our last due to life's season's ebbing and flowing.
Donna and I thank everyone who's attended, recommended what we do and how we do it, and I know all of those who've attended can say for sure that Ms. Donna can sure cook for a "multitude!" Day after day after long day afield!

We've been full up every year and that has kept us hopping, but we're humbled to be so very blessed and to have met SO MANY new life long friends along this trail.
And I bet the coyotes will wave good bye to us all next March 18th for sure, as we pull around 340 traps, run our tired fingers over quite a few of their brethren, and thank God for His bounty and our trapping passion.

It's been more than a wonderful ride! It's been a trapping brotherhood and sisterhood supreme!

Blessings y'all,
Mark

Re: It's been a blessing for Donna and I [Re: ] #7740275
12/10/22 07:56 PM
12/10/22 07:56 PM
illinois
J
jalstat Offline
trapper
jalstat  Offline
trapper
J

illinois
Mark I hope you’re still going to trap

Re: It's been a blessing for Donna and I [Re: ] #7740287
12/10/22 08:11 PM
12/10/22 08:11 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
A true legend, and anybody who has been privileged and fortunate enough to be blessed by Mark's good grace and his master level knowledge understands that it's a loss for trappers, but Mark is going to serve God's mission. I am happy for you Mark and I know you will do well!

Re: It's been a blessing for Donna and I [Re: ] #7740582
12/11/22 07:52 AM
12/11/22 07:52 AM
East Texas
B
BTLowry Offline
trapper
BTLowry  Offline
trapper
B

East Texas
Assuming you are hitting the mission field

Looks like God has plans for you to educate the world about Christ like y'all have been educating folks about trapping

Re: It's been a blessing for Donna and I [Re: ] #7740593
12/11/22 08:14 AM
12/11/22 08:14 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

We sometimes wonder how we do all the things we do. I'm sure many of you feel that same way.
Donna and I KNOW it's by God's grace.
Our families. Our passions. Our paths.

I've accepted an associate pastor position at a church in Graying, MI (Grayling Evangelical Church) and the church elders and I talked a long while about so they well understand my love of God and His Creation. They know I'll be trapping in Texas primarily some weeks a year and most of them are hunters and find it fascinating what I do and how I do it.
Yep, I'm a God fearer. Yes, I'm a husband and a father and a grandfather. And I sure am a life long trapper. Since I was 12 and I'm 65, so all of these must be considered, reflected upon and prioritized, right?

I'm just like most of you. Blessed to live in a time (known as the Last Days biblically) in the most blessed country to have ever been (America) and physically able to still "get 'er done."
I will say we don't watch any TV and in that you can get a lot more accomplished if'n you want to. wink

So we venture forward to preach and teach and papa and grandpapa and trap and hunt as best we can.
Kinda wild at times, but I married the woman God knew could help me walk straight!

Look around y'all. There is one life. I've ministered to so many who are seeking pleasure in all the wrong places and it's been called by philosophers... "the wasted life."
I pray I haven't wasted mine. We are among people - and we have our quiet times on the trap line - and all of it is at times is complicated, hard to do, and stressful.
But the enemy does his best work on us one by one... we are aware of his tactics... so we like to hang with many people in many different arenas.
The Trapping Academy has been one of this life's greatest treasures and we have so many life long pals as a result.
Praise God.
Cause I'm simply a hard working trapper.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: It's been a blessing for Donna and I [Re: ] #7740643
12/11/22 09:09 AM
12/11/22 09:09 AM
Houghton Lake, MI
strike2x Offline
trapper
strike2x  Offline
trapper

Houghton Lake, MI
I had always wanted to attend the academy since I heard about it years ago. Time, money and family obligations always hindered my dream. I thought the academy would be an awesome vacation. I had the good fortune to meet you and Donna this past summer and get to know you both. You are definitely busy people. I believe you are doing what you are meant to do. It is my pleasure to call you both friend. God bless you both.

Wish I had more time to trap....
Re: It's been a blessing for Donna and I [Re: ] #7740649
12/11/22 09:18 AM
12/11/22 09:18 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

strike2x, thank you and Donna and I both know you are a master at your building trade knowledge + one heck of a good bobcat trapper! Good luck on your surgery.

Re: It's been a blessing for Donna and I [Re: ] #7740665
12/11/22 09:45 AM
12/11/22 09:45 AM
Michigan, United States
O
ottertrapper Offline
trapper
ottertrapper  Offline
trapper
O

Michigan, United States
Mark I’ve never met you but have long followed your posts. I am very excited to have you move to Northern Mi to become a pastor in Grayling. When do you start there? It just so happens we are looking for a Church and after following your posts these last couple of years we will be seeing you there. Thank you sir for following Gods leading in your life. We look forward to meeting you once you arrive. Blessings Kurt

Re: It's been a blessing for Donna and I [Re: ] #7740670
12/11/22 09:50 AM
12/11/22 09:50 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Good luck on your next journey.

Some of us really like your bait and lure--is that shutting down too?

Re: It's been a blessing for Donna and I [Re: ] #7740676
12/11/22 09:59 AM
12/11/22 09:59 AM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Mark attending the academy and getting to know you was a blessing. Good luck to you and Donna with all your new adventures.

PS every time I bed a trap I say to myself “ don’t forget the sticky stick” smile

Everything the left touches it destroys
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread