No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: sneaky] #7699439
10/24/22 12:21 PM
10/24/22 12:21 PM
Nova Scotia,
woodtick Offline
trapper
woodtick  Offline
trapper

Nova Scotia,
Originally Posted by sneaky
Originally Posted by Boco
Dragger-why do you have to have armed guards at your kindergardens to keep you kids safe?
What kind of a screwed up society has to do that?
That is the antithesis of freedom.
You need to get your act together fast-you are raising your kids to live in fear.

Why do canadians have to bury First Nations children under the schools they were sent to for education?

Bcause they died,

Big Wet Drops and Lots of them are a Sure Sign of Rain!
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7699451
10/24/22 12:47 PM
10/24/22 12:47 PM
Maine
J
Jkeith Offline
trapper
Jkeith  Offline
trapper
J

Maine
Originally Posted by rvsask
Drafter, pointing out school days being the safest time for kids in the USA, is not the flex that you think it is.

Then what is the flex if it's not what Dragger thought, rvsask? Since we're talking about gun-related deaths and not being smacked in the eye with an eraser or a fist, here are the odds:

"The annual odds that an American child will die in a mass shooting at school are nearly 10 million to 1" (James Alan Fox, criminologist at Northeastern University).
[sarcasm]Yes, that Northeastern University known for being a bastion of conservative academics and pro-gun research[/sarcasm].
crazy

"The odds of being struck by lightning in a given year are less than one in a million" (CDC).

"The vast majority of child and teen gun homicide deaths and unintentional shooting deaths and injuries occur in the home" (Everytown Research and Policy).

Bottomline: Schools in the US are hands down one of the safest places for a child. It should be interesting to see what ambiguity you're going to exploit.

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7699462
10/24/22 01:06 PM
10/24/22 01:06 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Why do your schools have to have armed guards if they are so safe???
Sorry bub-facts speak loud and clear.

Last edited by Boco; 10/24/22 01:06 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7699486
10/24/22 01:45 PM
10/24/22 01:45 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Because we're free to own guns here Boco, and being free means even the nut jobs are free to have guns. If you're fine with giving up your rights to own a pistol, just say so and stop tap dancing around the subject with.....oh, you guys need armed guards at schools.

I get it, you want a nanny state to protect you so you're ok with giving up your guns so you feel "safe".

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Boco] #7699497
10/24/22 01:52 PM
10/24/22 01:52 PM
Custer Co, Idaho
S
sneaky Offline
trapper
sneaky  Offline
trapper
S

Custer Co, Idaho

Because we chose to put them there because social media has everyone looking for their fifteen minutes of fame. That, and come election time there is a flurry of shootings in democratically controlled cities to further push the anti-gun agenda. I figured even a Canadian could figure that one out. Guess I was wrong.

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: sneaky] #7699500
10/24/22 02:04 PM
10/24/22 02:04 PM
Nova Scotia,
woodtick Offline
trapper
woodtick  Offline
trapper

Nova Scotia,
[/quote]
Because we chose to put them there because social media has everyone looking for their fifteen minutes of fae. That, and come election time there is a flurry of shootings in democratically controlled cities to further push the anti-gun agenda. I figured even a Canadian could figure that one out. Guess I was wrong. [/quote]

So when election time comes your government shoots its own citizens, thats real freedom

Last edited by woodtick; 10/24/22 02:08 PM.

Big Wet Drops and Lots of them are a Sure Sign of Rain!
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Boco] #7699511
10/24/22 02:20 PM
10/24/22 02:20 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID

The same question, if Canada is so safe why did Trudeau ban handguns.

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7699529
10/24/22 02:59 PM
10/24/22 02:59 PM
Manitoba Canada
M
MB Coonguy Offline
trapper
MB Coonguy  Offline
trapper
M

Manitoba Canada
Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

The same question, if Canada is so safe why did Trudeau ban handguns.

Thats to please the vast majority of Canadians who don't own firearms and believe-yes they do believe that this will stop handgun crime-so he'll get their vote-that's how ridiculously stupid people are. It's truly unbelievable that people can be so dumb. This law will do absolutely FA to stop crime-brutal.

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: mnsota] #7699537
10/24/22 03:16 PM
10/24/22 03:16 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by mnsota
Dragger-why do you have to have armed guards at your kindergardens to keep you kids safe?
What kind of a screwed up society has to do that?
That is the antithesis of freedom.
You need to get your act together fast-you are raising your kids to live in fear.

Doesn't Canada have armed guards in schools?

Why? Because the teachers can't shoot back and the left proudly advertised such.

Plus, they shut down the nuthouses.

I recall a time teachers were packing, including my own mother and grandparents. Old Doc Crane, a Korea marine, at my junior high saw to it that any lady teacher who wanted to learn to shoot got lessons. Mama bought her's when dad shipped out to Nam. Doc Crane said of my mama that was one lady not to stand downrange of and he didn't have to teach her anything.
Doc toted a 1911 and everyone knew it. There was also Mama Vines at that school, we all called her mama, she packed a 357.

[Linked Image]
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: hippie] #7699550
10/24/22 03:44 PM
10/24/22 03:44 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by hippie
Because we're free to own guns here Boco, and being free means even the nut jobs are free to have guns. If you're fine with giving up your rights to own a pistol, just say so and stop tap dancing around the subject with.....oh, you guys need armed guards at schools.

I get it, you want a nanny state to protect you so you're ok with giving up your guns so you feel "safe".

Your the one who needs armed guards nannys too protect your kids not here.
Its pathetic where you are at.
You shouldnt worry about Canada all the time and try to clean up your mess that has everyone living in fear there-that aint freedom bub.

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7699560
10/24/22 04:08 PM
10/24/22 04:08 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
In 4 seconds with a stroke of a pen Trudeau banned handguns and Canadians couldn’t do anything about it. It’s coming soon with another stroke of a pen rifles and shotguns will be outlawed in Canada. Dictators don’t stop halfway. The sad part is Canadians will not be able to do anything about it. Thankfully, we have the Second Amendment in the good ol’ USA and we can at least fight it, Canadians can’t and will just watch helplessly as all their gun privileges are completely destroyed.

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7699566
10/24/22 04:16 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Bobo and folks like him just don't get it. We as Americans codified a fundamental truth of the universe in our Supreme Law aka the Constitution. The truth that all human life has an innate right to self preservation and the means to do so.

In Bobos universe his own life is not sacred or sacrosanct. It can be taken at will by those in power.

[Linked Image]
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Boco] #7699567
Maine
J
Jkeith Offline
trapper
Jkeith  Offline
trapper
J

Maine

They're so safe because they have ARMED guards? Does that work for you, Boco?

Seriously though, we don't need armed guards in our schools because the facts/data don't support the imagined crisis – it doesn't exist. Your child is ten times more likely to be struck by lightning than to be killed in a school shooting.

Unfortunately, public policy here in the US and Canada is driven by mainstream media hysteria in collaboration with corrupt politicians around the globe. Equally unfortunate are those who consume this hysteria like drug addicts looking for their next fix from their CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes et al. drug dealers.

Canada is way down the list on gun-related death rates compared to other countries -- around number 30 on the list give or take. Your Queen, however, believes it's imperative to go on gun banning spree because of the out-of-control gun violence in your country. Has something changed in your country, Boco, to warrant such a radical response? If so, what is it?

The US doesn't even make the top ten on that same list. But you'd never know that because most media reporting on the subject use raw totals rather than rates. Why? Because denominators in an equation tend to collapse narratives pretty quickly. It looks better to report total deaths than to take population size as a crucial part of the picture. They played these same games with COVID too.

In any event Boco, I honestly don't think you're happy and content with Trudeau's gun banning spree. It seems to me that you feel the need to defend anything Canadian no matter how absurd, especially when Americans have one over on you...

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7699568
10/24/22 04:17 PM
10/24/22 04:17 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
canada=finished, so sad.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Jkeith] #7699571
10/24/22 04:23 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Jkeith

They're so safe because they have ARMED guards? Does that work for you, Boco?

Seriously though, we don't need armed guards in our schools because the facts/data don't support the imagined crisis – it doesn't exist. Your child is ten times more likely to be struck by lightning than to be killed in a school shooting.

Unfortunately, public policy here in the US and Canada is driven by mainstream media hysteria in collaboration with corrupt politicians around the globe. Equally unfortunate are those who consume this hysteria like drug addicts looking for their next fix from their CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes et al. drug dealers.

Canada is way down the list on gun-related death rates compared to other countries -- around number 30 on the list give or take. Your Queen, however, believes it's imperative to go on gun banning spree because of the out-of-control gun violence in your country. Has something changed in your country, Boco, to warrant such a radical response? If so, what is it?

The US doesn't even make the top ten on that same list. But you'd never know that because most media reporting on the subject use totals rather than rates. Why? Because denominators in an equation tend to collapse narratives pretty quickly. It looks better to report total deaths than to take population size as a crucial part of the picture. They played these same games with COVID too.

In any event Boco, I honestly don't think you're happy and content with Trudeau's gun banning spree. It seems to me that you feel the need to defend anything Canadian no matter how absurd, especially when Americans have one over on you...

Where do you get all that garbage.I have all my guns ,nobody is taking away any of my guns.i can buy and sell all the guns I want and need.
I dont want or need machine guns.
We are free here-you have no concept of freedom and what real freedom is.You are living in fantasyland based on a crutch.

Last edited by Boco; 10/24/22 04:25 PM.

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7699572
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
The British Commonwealth is now ruled by a king.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Dirt] #7699576
10/24/22 04:27 PM
10/24/22 04:27 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Dirt
The British Commonwealth is now ruled by a king.

You must be a product of your deficient failure of a school system
We are not ruled by anyone-Canada is a parliamentary democracy.

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Boco] #7699577
10/24/22 04:28 PM
10/24/22 04:28 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

Where do you get all that garbage.I have all my guns ,nobody is taking away any of my guns.i can buy and sell all the guns I want and need.

Me, me, mine. Typical until they do come for you. Selfish leftist willing to stand by and let "those people" be loaded onto the cattle cars. It's not his problem, until it is.

[Linked Image]
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: warrior] #7699578
10/24/22 04:29 PM
10/24/22 04:29 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by warrior

Me, me, mine. Typical until they do come for you. Selfish leftist willing to stand by and let "those people" be loaded onto the cattle cars. It's not his problem, until it is.

Are you high,lol.

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7699580
10/24/22 04:30 PM
10/24/22 04:30 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
boco, can you go and purchase a new sig 9mm pistol at the store today? yes or no?

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread