No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: Marty] #7697745
10/22/22 05:59 AM
10/22/22 05:59 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

From a biblical stance, when these times of the Gentiles run out, and the 2nd Coming of Christ is set in motion by God.... when the Tribulation starts......

people will then know what Vengeance is. The Tribulation will be the days of vengeance (Luke 21:22) and people won't be doing any of it. 0%. God will be at 100% of all of it.

Vengeance is only written 4 times in the New Testament; once in Luke's writings, twice as quotes of the Word in Deuteronomy 32:35... the "Vengeance is Mine, and retribution" passage everyone quotes; and the other from Acts 7:24 describing how God's prophet Moses uses it.

It is mentioned 55 times in the Old Testament, always with God as the bearer and user of it.

The Old Covenant (Testament) passage from Leviticus 19:18; "You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD," has passed through time and we are in the times of the New Covenant (Testament), in which Jesus, who was killed, buried for three days, and was Resurrected by the Power of God, is the only One who has the claim to do vengeance. None of us have defeated sin, death, and Satan, so I'll pass on the vengeance doing.

So is vengeance overrated? Hardly. It's top shelf rated. It'll come at either the Mercy Seat or the Great White Throne. And Christ has the authority alone to do it.
Until then, rely on the justice of the dispensation that God has set in place for all of humanity (and in which we humans muck it up as usual, cause people go around acting like gods, claiming what is "good" and what is "evil." That dispensation is known as Governments, which are set in place for the preservation of us and the handling of justice until Christ returns. And we should submit to them for justice's sake.

And it's not that vengeance isn't called for. Hardly. We live in a world crying out for vengeance. I'm looking for the Trumpet sound now and again myself. But not what the dude cuts me off in traffic. More so, when yet another person dies by the actions of another person.

It's ALWAYS been Who we trust in to be the arbiter that's in view.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: Marty] #7697750
10/22/22 06:11 AM
10/22/22 06:11 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Sometimes your posts about how terrible we are as humans is so inspirational I almost want to hang myself, forget about hanging others.

-Goofy-
Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: Marty] #7697772
10/22/22 06:53 AM
10/22/22 06:53 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Scripture is convicting, is it not.
wink

Good thing vengeance isn't the main plot of the biblical story HT.
But it's part of the story for sure.

And since Scripture says in the Old, and Paul repeating it again in the NT to the Romans, "as it is written,“THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE," kinda makes it clear, people doing vengeance isn't of God.

But then, we don't tend to like things that go against "me, me, and more my idea."
I'm in that camp 'bout every day, but for the grace of God, I'd camp there full time.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: PAskinner] #7697776
10/22/22 07:02 AM
10/22/22 07:02 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by PAskinner
Most vengence is lowering yourself down to or below the level of the person who did you wrong so of course, it's overrated. There's much more satisfaction to be found in taking the high road and letting God do the avenging.

Heard of a case where a sexually abusive uncle dissappaered and is considered most likely dead. I'm thinking someone did God a favor and saved him some avenging time. High road my (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman).

Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: Marty] #7697778
10/22/22 07:05 AM
10/22/22 07:05 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

People doing God's work is not new but it's not of God.
Which is 100% aggravating to our nature.
Cause we like to play god.

And.... I do like a good Bronson movie.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: Marty] #7697789
10/22/22 07:35 AM
10/22/22 07:35 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I do realize than vengeance is the Lord's but I must admit that if I had some communist Chinese in my line of sight I might just pull the trigger.

Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: ] #7697857
10/22/22 08:56 AM
10/22/22 08:56 AM
N Central Kansas
Z
ZionHeritageFarm Offline
trapper
ZionHeritageFarm  Offline
trapper
Z

N Central Kansas
Originally Posted by Mark June
Scripture is convicting, is it not.
wink

Good thing vengeance isn't the main plot of the biblical story HT.
But it's part of the story for sure.

And since Scripture says in the Old, and Paul repeating it again in the NT to the Romans, "as it is written,“THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE," kinda makes it clear, people doing vengeance isn't of God.

But then, we don't tend to like things that go against "me, me, and more my idea."
I'm in that camp 'bout every day, but for the grace of God, I'd camp there full time.

Blessings!
Mark

For me, I am blessed through the spirit to have a small glimpse of understanding. Yes, someone wronged me. But do I really want to, or for God to extract vengeance for every wrong or hurt? For it to truly be fair and equal it would be awaiting everyone for every wrong. Which apart from Christ it is. I don’t believe I would like what I would have coming my way. I believe that most who want vengeance want it on others, but not on themselves. Maybe it is because they don’t understand the wrath that they would have laying upon themselves. I at least have a concept of the wrath that is due me, and I am eternally humbled and thankful that through Jesus the Christ alone, i am extended grace and mercy. This allows me to pray for the same for others. I also have a concept of what awaits those that reject the Christ. I wish that fate on no one. Not one.

From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth. Psalms 50:2
Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: Marty] #7697894
10/22/22 10:16 AM
10/22/22 10:16 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
My neighbor lets his bird dog run loose. Its old now but it used to irritate me. Treed a squirrel in my pecan tree one afternoon. I mean both feet on the tree barking treed. Was right before his annual pheasant hunting trip. I shot that squirrel out then petted her and told her what a good dog she was. Gave her back the squirrel and she ran proudly home with it.

Sometimes a little vengeance will put a smile on your face years later.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: Marty] #7698055
10/22/22 03:51 PM
10/22/22 03:51 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
P.S. Marty. If your going to nail somebody to a tree put the nail through the wrist. Below all the wrist bones between the arm bones. Take care to miss the artery so they dont bleed right out. A nail in the hand might eventually get ripped loose when panic and adrenalin go to work. Through the wrist they are there till somebody with a crowbar shows up or death from dehydration, especially if you use a washer

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: danny clifton] #7698311
10/22/22 10:30 PM
10/22/22 10:30 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by danny clifton
P.S. Marty. If your going to nail somebody to a tree put the nail through the wrist. Below all the wrist bones between the arm bones. Take care to miss the artery so they dont bleed right out. A nail in the hand might eventually get ripped loose when panic and adrenalin go to work. Through the wrist they are there till somebody with a crowbar shows up or death from dehydration, especially if you use a washer

I'm a little worried that you know all that, Danny. Remind me not to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) you off.

Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: danny clifton] #7698313
10/22/22 10:39 PM
10/22/22 10:39 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline OP
trapper
Marty  Offline OP
trapper

North East Kansas

Yup

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: trapdog1] #7698326
10/22/22 11:24 PM
10/22/22 11:24 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by trapdog1

I'm a little worried that you know all that, Danny. Remind me not to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) you off.

Danny might be an avowed atheist... But he understands how crucifixion worked.

Back to the topic... My entire life I was taught that vengeance is in God's wheelhouse alone. And I have done my best to abide by that. And there are some people still drawing breath who should drop to their knees and thank Almighty God for that every day.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: danny clifton] #7698351
10/23/22 12:47 AM
10/23/22 12:47 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Nailing somebody to a tree could qualify as vengeance but getting sent to prison after you did it would be called justice.

Would it? If someone grabbed a 8 year old girl from her bus stop in the morning and had his way, was arrested, and then set free with just probation by a liberal judge.... WOULD it be justice if her father was sent to prison for doing that to his daughter's rapist?

What if he grabbed the girl from the bus stop, sexually tortured her from a month, then killed her and tossed the body in a crick. Would it be justice to send the girls father to prison for life for nailing his daughter's murderer to a tree?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7698360
10/23/22 01:11 AM
10/23/22 01:11 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Nailing somebody to a tree could qualify as vengeance but getting sent to prison after you did it would be called justice.

Would it? If someone grabbed a 8 year old girl from her bus stop in the morning and had his way, was arrested, and then set free with just probation by a liberal judge.... WOULD it be justice if her father was sent to prison for doing that to his daughter's rapist?

What if he grabbed the girl from the bus stop, sexually tortured her from a month, then killed her and tossed the body in a crick. Would it be justice to send the girls father to prison for life for nailing his daughter's murderer to a tree?

Guess it would depend on which 12 people you ask.

-Goofy-
Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: Marty] #7698373
10/23/22 02:26 AM
10/23/22 02:26 AM
Southern Virginia, 50 yr old
V
VaBeagler Offline
trapper
VaBeagler  Offline
trapper
V

Southern Virginia, 50 yr old
Vengeance is mine sayest the lord.
Sometimes there is a need for sending them to the Lord while it's fresh on his mind.

Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7698392
10/23/22 05:30 AM
10/23/22 05:30 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline OP
trapper
Marty  Offline OP
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

exactly...how about betrayers to the constitution that swore an oath to abide by and defend the constitution? do they get a pass????

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: Marty] #7698420
10/23/22 07:02 AM
10/23/22 07:02 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Ang, I can not imagine a jury of 12 where all 12 call that father a criminal. My best guess is that it would never make the news or a trial happen. Dont want to encourage that sort of thing.

You ever hear about the guy a whole town helped kill in MO?

Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: Marty] #7698440
10/23/22 07:34 AM
10/23/22 07:34 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

While reading this thread, that scene in the movie Jaws came to mind...

with examples of what people think vengeance is;

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."

It's humbling to have Truth from God when we seek the knowledge of things...
And we do.
Doesn't make it easy.
Makes it known.

And Jesus said; “Pray, then, in this way: ‘Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors and do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. [For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.]’
“For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions."

Matthew 6:9–15.

Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: Marty] #7698453
10/23/22 08:06 AM
10/23/22 08:06 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
thats why coyotes like sheep and leave donkeys alone

Re: is vengeance overrated? [Re: Marty] #7698454
10/23/22 08:08 AM
10/23/22 08:08 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Mark, pretty cool how the translation/interpretations change constantly. Else the golden egg laying goose would get ate.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread