No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity [Re: Finster] #7634089
07/24/22 03:35 PM
07/24/22 03:35 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
my son in law open carries. says he is less likely to ever have to shoot somebody if they know he is armed. i never do except when trapping or hunting. how do you know whats better? too many variables.

p.s. he went to college on a wrestling scholarship. had a couple cage mma fights too. if you want to take his gun by force you might want to eat some Wheaties first.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity [Re: Finster] #7634095
07/24/22 03:40 PM
07/24/22 03:40 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
But I will say open carry and lack of situational awareness and or training in weapon retention is asking for trouble. But it could be said of any weapon carrier or person in public as well.

[Linked Image]
Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity [Re: Finster] #7634098
07/24/22 03:44 PM
07/24/22 03:44 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Never had a permit and will never get one I have the 2nd amendment. Also never heard of anyone getting in trouble for concealed carry without a permit unless they had another issue ie. drunk driving, bar fight. ect.

Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity [Re: Finster] #7634105
07/24/22 03:59 PM
07/24/22 03:59 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Also never heard of anyone getting in trouble for concealed carry without a permit unless they had another issue ie. drunk driving, bar fight.

yep. I carried for many years before it was "legal" anywhere. minded my own business and stayed out of trouble. thats a good recipe for not needing it too.

twice it saved me from bad trouble. once in Gary IN (chicago) and once in Brooklyn NYC NY with all the miles i drove in all the sketchy areas i had reason to be in its a real wonder i only needed it twice. fortunately simply having it in hand kept me from having to shoot it

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity [Re: warrior] #7634389
07/24/22 09:19 PM
07/24/22 09:19 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by Koss2005
Open carry is a bad deal. I've seen young and old get the crap beat out of them and get there gun stolen. It's hard to walk around people and keep your eye on everyone and not get sucker punched by some a-hole regardless of how tough you think you are. In addition to that your drawing a lot of unwanted attention to yourself and your family. Keep your shooter tucked away until you need it. If you have to get into a gun fight you want to do everything possible to make sure your the winner.

Never seen that. Personally I just think you're spouting off what you've been told by a neighbor who knew an uncle who heard about it. That or you're a Fudd who thinks the poors shouldn't go out in public well heeled.

But you may be right. There are carjacking and strong-arm robberies after all. Maybe if they had a gun?

it doesn't happen a lot but it does happen
had one in Madison WI several years ago he walked around open carrying , 2 dudes set up an ambush followed him , guy gets a gun in his face as he turns the corner and the 2nd guy was right behind him and had open carriers gun out of the holster and in oc guys back before he could even reach for it.

so yes it can be an issue , it seldom is.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 07/24/22 09:20 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity [Re: Finster] #7634435
07/24/22 10:15 PM
07/24/22 10:15 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
I prefer concealed carry for a few reading. First Is I prefer to have the benefit of surprise if I ever need to defend myself. 2nd was why make yourself a target. If someone of planning something bad and knows you're armed you will be the first victim before you know there is a threat.

3rd I think it is a cry for attention. Like the guy doing burn outs or with the loud stereo hey look at me and what I have.

That said everyone should have the right to Carry how and what they like. Open carry just isn't for me.

Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity [Re: Finster] #7634443
07/24/22 10:25 PM
07/24/22 10:25 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I just don't feel like answering questions so out of sight , out of their minds.

what they don't know doesn't seem to bother them in the least. it sure doesn't with the million other things they don't know or willfully choose to ignore.

my one fairly liberal uncle , asked me one time maybe a decade ago if I was carrying (of course I was) I just told him he shouldn't ask questions he doesn't want the answer to and it never came up again.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 07/24/22 10:25 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity [Re: Finster] #7634657
07/25/22 09:44 AM
07/25/22 09:44 AM
New Mexico, USA
K
Koss2005 Offline
trapper
Koss2005  Offline
trapper
K

New Mexico, USA
Warrior I hate to break it to you but I have seen it, I've taken reports on people that had there guns stolen from them just the way I described. And I don't know where you came up with the idea that I don't support carrying, I never leave the house with out a handgun on me. But your right I might be kind of a fudd at least my wife thinks so lol. Danny I once went to a jewelry store where the thugs came into the store and robbed the owner just for his high dollar handgun that he wore on his hip to prevent a robbery. I'm sure your son in law size is a deterrent but a couple of guys, four hands, grabbing for a gun are not odds I want to take. I'm 6'03 240lbs but I'll still take every tactical advantage I can get.

You carry your gun any way you choose I'm sharing some of the things that I've seen or experienced. I don't want to see anyone here get hurt because of something they seen on tv. The name of the game is win, win, win

Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity [Re: Finster] #7634674
07/25/22 10:00 AM
07/25/22 10:00 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Like I said Koss I dont want to be noticed. Grey man if you will. Somebody gets the drop on you, open or concealed carry wont matter. Your in a real bad place.

Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity [Re: Finster] #7634732
07/25/22 11:45 AM
07/25/22 11:45 AM
New Mexico, USA
K
Koss2005 Offline
trapper
Koss2005  Offline
trapper
K

New Mexico, USA
That's the best way danny not noticed until it's time.

"God created men equal. Colonel Colt made them equal"

Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity [Re: Finster] #7634743
07/25/22 11:56 AM
07/25/22 11:56 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
When I elk hunted in CO I called and asked since I had a concealed carry permit in MN, would they honor it in CO when I was there elk hunting. They said, No, they would not.
I carried my 357 anyway, but was surprised when an outfitter I hunted with had a loaded revolver strapped to the seat of his truck.

Remember as a kid we played army and you gave up the fort so the other side got it? Of course you don't. Little kids aren't that stupid.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread