No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: rex123] #7628345
07/16/22 08:55 PM
07/16/22 08:55 PM
SE Iowa
S
seiowatrapper Offline
trapper
seiowatrapper  Offline
trapper
S

SE Iowa
Originally Posted by rex123
I am very happy you have a good life and are proud of yourself as you should be but we are talking about what happened in Texas. What I can't understand is one point I wasn't there neither were you But the people investigating the police have said they failed the people of that town the teachers and most of all the children because they didn't do what they were trained for why can't you understand that? It's like you were caught with your hand in the cookie jar but keep saying over and over I didn't do it. Oh by the way, I too am very happy with my life but still don't understand what that has to do with this.

I have tried to keep to keep my comments specific to the tragedy in Texas, but if you look back I was responding to one of the several personal zingers that have been directed towards me in this thread. I have ignored other insults and responded to some, but whatever. I felt like that poster, among others, is trying to discredit me as some sort of know nothing and/or intimidate/mock me into silence...no thank you.

Back to the question at hand...what I feel like you cannot understand is that those officers, as are all officers everywhere, are subject to their command. Command here failed and misdirected the officers and contrary to your assertion...once the situation was declared to be a hostage/barricade the officers there DID FOLLOW their training...as their response was in accordance with the declaration of a hostage/barricade situation. AGAIN, it should have been left as an active shooter and the response should have then followed suit.

We have a deadly embrace here...you cannot understand why I am being so stubborn and will not condemn the attending officers and I cannot understand why you, and others, lump all of the officers present in with the failure that was the on site command. I'll try another analogy...if a train operator is running a locomotive down a set of tracks and up ahead of him someone "throws a switch" and essentially changes the direction the train will travel once it hits that switch and there is then a train wreck...does that mean that the train operator was wrong, I mean he was there, he was driving the train, etc. OR should the fault be assigned to the dude that erroneously switched the track? I would fault the "switcher", not necessarily the driver. I feel like you, and several others here, would fault the driver too.

I think that is unfair, incorrect and also potentially dangerous...as current and potential future LEO's may determine that they are "(This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) if they do or (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) if they don't". If they don't follow their command, then they will be subject to discipline, etc, within their ranks. If they don't follow their command and take matters into their own hands, then there will likely be punishment and criticism, etc, for not following their command. LEO's deserve a "doable" path and I don't think that the responding officers in the hallway are being given that by many Monday morning QB's...many of whom are opining with assumptions, misunderstandings and just a lack of context, etc.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Providence Farm] #7628358
07/16/22 09:03 PM
07/16/22 09:03 PM
SE Iowa
S
seiowatrapper Offline
trapper
seiowatrapper  Offline
trapper
S

SE Iowa
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I guess they didn't bother to get seiatrapper's opinion before releasing this report.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/...nce-shoot-uvalde-gunman-seeking-86324401

Clearly answered all his what if questions and blows benefit of the doubt out of the water. If he reads it and does not agree thay are cowards well ther is no use for any further discussion with him.

Since you are saying that this clearly answers all of my "what if" questions...perhaps you could point specifically to where it addresses whether or not the attending officers were cowards, or not, for not going against onsite command? Please feel free to cut and paste the exact place(s) that you see this question being addressed.

It talked about many aspects of this tragedy, almost all of which I have addressed and agreed with, but did NOT talk about the subject at hand. Yet again, your retort is not on point.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: teepee2] #7628362
07/16/22 09:05 PM
07/16/22 09:05 PM
SE Iowa
S
seiowatrapper Offline
trapper
seiowatrapper  Offline
trapper
S

SE Iowa
Originally Posted by teepee2
Anybody with experience in RCA should be able to realize that cowardice was at least one of the root causes.

It may well have been for some, perhaps the commander...but anyone with a real understanding of RCA would not make the "leap" and apply cowardice as a reason for all of the officers in the hallway. I have shared that is has been reported that some of the officers present did NOT EVEN KNOW there were victims inside the classroom. How do you fairly label someone a coward for not acting correctly based upon information that they didn't even have?

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7628366
07/16/22 09:10 PM
07/16/22 09:10 PM
SE Iowa
S
seiowatrapper Offline
trapper
seiowatrapper  Offline
trapper
S

SE Iowa
Originally Posted by Marty
Well, you definitely think you are/know better than the rest of us....^

Sure make your dribble sound good.....but it is dishonest dribble.

Again with the dishonesty. I still don't know what you are referring to. Certainly we have very different opinions on this matter, but how specifically do you see that as me being dishonest? I have, I believe, answered your direct questions of me, but it is also possible that I have missed something along the lines...there has been much to process here. But I don't see where I have been dishonest at all, yet this is the 4th or 5th time you have said that. What gives?

If I recall, you said a couple of pages back that you were not going to reply to this thread any more, correct? Yet here you are. Saying one thing, doing another...that's a definition of dishonesty, right? Perhaps you are seeing your own reflection in the mirror?

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Providence Farm] #7628384
07/16/22 09:19 PM
07/16/22 09:19 PM
SE Iowa
S
seiowatrapper Offline
trapper
seiowatrapper  Offline
trapper
S

SE Iowa
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

You didn't read the article or you would still not be trying to claim the cops did not know kids were being shot while thay wait outside.

I did read the article...to prove me wrong...please share the exact place in that article where you are seeing that the cops knew that kids were being shot WHILE THEY WERE STAGED in the hallway.

Take your best shot and please show your powerful reading comprehension skills and remember to cut and paste what you find that specifically says that cops present knew that there were people being shot behind that door.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7628392
07/16/22 09:28 PM
07/16/22 09:28 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
I am not going to try and reason with you as seeing reason is beyond you. But I will say this as a last response , Germany would have loved you. Yes I turned the gas on But not my fault those people died I was just following orders.

Last edited by rex123; 07/16/22 09:29 PM.
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7628444
07/16/22 10:36 PM
07/16/22 10:36 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Did we think as a nation that when people are promoted to leadership due NOT on merit or performance, BUT RATHER on ethnic/racial/gender quotas, that idiots wouldn't be running the show...
in government.
in corporations.
in the public service sector.
And on an on.

I have no idea who/what/why the leadership in this particular instance is but as a culture we have decided to give the job to the person who "deserves" it based on a liberal bastion of ideology, RATHER than to the person who busts tail and works hard, sacrifices to better themselves, and knows what the little Jimmy Dickens is going on.
So we have idiots in places idiots should not be.
And there's no end in sight.
Que the transgenders, who are now given precedence... because....
idiots run much of the show.

By the way, idiots are defined as being STUPID PEOPLE who don't know what they're doing.
Like the Uvalde LE.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7628454
07/16/22 10:55 PM
07/16/22 10:55 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Online content OP
trapper
Marty  Online Content OP
trapper

North East Kansas
The one cop knew his wife was shot and 100' away so he checked his phone's and then went outside....never tried to get to her. He knew what classroom she was in and that she had not gotten out....if that is not a coward what is?

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7628497
07/17/22 12:50 AM
07/17/22 12:50 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
The one cop knew his wife was shot and 100' away so he checked his phone's and then went outside....never tried to get to her. He knew what classroom she was in and that she had not gotten out....if that is not a coward what is?

That sounds more like someone that hates his wife.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7628500
07/17/22 12:57 AM
07/17/22 12:57 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Online content OP
trapper
Marty  Online Content OP
trapper

North East Kansas
^ could be the case....

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7628757
07/17/22 10:16 AM
07/17/22 10:16 AM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
The "LEAP" it was a very small step at the most.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7628920
07/17/22 01:27 PM
07/17/22 01:27 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Online content OP
trapper
Marty  Online Content OP
trapper

North East Kansas
Uvalde officials presented a document labeled "narrative" to Texas DPS days after the May 24 shooting.
"There was zero hesitation on any of these officers' part, they moved directly toward the gunfire," the document said.
A Texas House committee will report the results of their investigation of the shooting on Sunday.

Uvalde officials presented the Texas Department of Public Safety with a document labeled "narrative" during a closed-door meeting days after the May 24 shooting.

According to the The New York Times,the document put together a timeline of events from interviews with police officers who responded to the May 24 Robb Elementary shooting, which resulted in the deaths of 19 fourth-graders and 2 teachers.

"There was zero hesitation on any of these officers' part, they moved directly toward the gunfire," the document said, according to the Times.

Another section of the document called the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District police force and Uvalde Police Department officers "heroes."

"The total number of persons saved by the heroes that are local law enforcement and the other assisting agencies is over 500 per U.C.I.S.D.," the document said, according to the Times. "But for U.P.D. and U.C.I.S.D. being on scene IMMEDIATELY, that shooter would have had free range on the school."

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7628944
07/17/22 01:52 PM
07/17/22 01:52 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I am glad I dont live there

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7628947
07/17/22 01:56 PM
07/17/22 01:56 PM
new york
M
mike mason Offline
trapper
mike mason  Offline
trapper
M

new york
When is the next school board meeting?

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7628977
07/17/22 02:50 PM
07/17/22 02:50 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Uvalde officials presented a document labeled "narrative" to Texas DPS days after the May 24 shooting.
"There was zero hesitation on any of these officers' part, they moved directly toward the gunfire," the document said.
A Texas House committee will report the results of their investigation of the shooting on Sunday.

Uvalde officials presented the Texas Department of Public Safety with a document labeled "narrative" during a closed-door meeting days after the May 24 shooting.

According to the The New York Times,the document put together a timeline of events from interviews with police officers who responded to the May 24 Robb Elementary shooting, which resulted in the deaths of 19 fourth-graders and 2 teachers.

"There was zero hesitation on any of these officers' part, they moved directly toward the gunfire," the document said, according to the Times.

Another section of the document called the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District police force and Uvalde Police Department officers "heroes."

"The total number of persons saved by the heroes that are local law enforcement and the other assisting agencies is over 500 per U.C.I.S.D.," the document said, according to the Times. "But for U.P.D. and U.C.I.S.D. being on scene IMMEDIATELY, that shooter would have had free range on the school."

That's called Propaganda.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7629072
07/17/22 05:05 PM
07/17/22 05:05 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Online content OP
trapper
Marty  Online Content OP
trapper

North East Kansas
The committee said law enforcement failed to quickly confront the suspect, having retreated to safety after taking gunfire and waited for backup.

"They failed to prioritize saving the lives of innocent victims over their own safety," the report said.

Over 400 law enforcement officers failed to do what should have been done....until, finally three brave bortac agents took out the shooter. What is that 0.0075% did the right thing. cannot trust cops anymore...sorry but that is the truth. Corruption, lies, intentionally violating a person constitutional rights, falsifying evidence... the list goes on and now we can add cowardice/incompetence to it.

Realize that they lied about the door being locked and not having shields/weapons....lies to cover their gross negligence/cowardice and incompetence. None of the 400+ officers/agents tried to set the record straight and tell the truth...without the hallway video we would never have known the truth. 100% of 400+ officers/agents were complicit in a cover up of the truth.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7629101
07/17/22 05:40 PM
07/17/22 05:40 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
My young niece, a truly wonderful young lady with a caring nature was talking about applying to the Denver police department. I did a bad thing and talked her out of it out of fear they would corrupt her. I have not talked to her about this. I am sure she is aware

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7629103
07/17/22 05:44 PM
07/17/22 05:44 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Decide to buy a classic car off craigs list and withdraw 30 grand in cash to pay for it in another state they got no problem in getting together 3-4-5 and stealing your cash, call it drug money, then release you without charges and keeping the money

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7629106
07/17/22 05:46 PM
07/17/22 05:46 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Here in KS they like to stage armed robberies of cash transports fro CO marijuana companies

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7629183
07/17/22 07:35 PM
07/17/22 07:35 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Online content OP
trapper
Marty  Online Content OP
trapper

North East Kansas
Danny, very few people will admit the truth of the situation we find ourselves in. Government is corrupt and exists to serve it's own interests...law enforcement is the strong arm of government and exists to serve its own/governments interests with no regard for what is moral and many times for what is legal.

All US paper currency once in circulation for a short time smells like drugs to a drug dog....they use the dog hit on money to confiscate but they could take the money out of their pocket and the same dog would hit it...it is a scam like many things the cops do.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread