No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7627583
07/15/22 08:58 PM
07/15/22 08:58 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
There were reasons why they were behaving the way they were that DID NOT include cowardice. I am truly amazed that this thought is one that so many of you cannot digest.

yep. the brave men in blue, wearing body armor and carrying arms, showed great courage running away and then standing around like that while little kids were being murdered by a lone psychopath

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7627586
07/15/22 09:01 PM
07/15/22 09:01 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
You seem to say we weren't there so how do we know what happened. Well you weren't there either how do you know they weren't cowards? And what about the film evidence of him shooting and children screaming . They seemed to be heading in the other direction.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: seiowatrapper] #7627590
07/15/22 09:03 PM
07/15/22 09:03 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by seiowatrapper
Originally Posted by Yes sir

Funny you call his viewpoint balanced and reasonable when the officials investigating it are called a horrible mistake. He must know something they don't. Some people think just because someone can give a well articulated argument that's reasonable. This whole thing was a disaster that cost children lives and u don't have to very smart to figure that out.

Yes, I too thought it was a horrible mistake and should never have gone down the way that it did. I have said that multiple times and I have also agreed with the criticism of the response, particularly as it relates to the poor command and communication breakdowns.

My contention...something that several of you apparently cannot comprehend...is that the inaction of the rest of the officers does not then mean that they are cowards. There were reasons why they were behaving the way they were that DID NOT include cowardice. I am truly amazed that this thought is one that so many of you cannot digest.

I'll give a little ground on the cops following orders and not being totally being motivated out of cowardness but only a little. As a whole people are followers and need a leader especially in high stress situations unless they have experience. But one also must have the ability in situations to know what the right thing is to do. Especially when your still hearing gun shots in a classroom. I will say who every was in that hallway and commanded the cops to stand down was a cowards as there was zero reason to do that
And I won't make excuses for anyone who was a cop there that day. Every kids life that was lost that day was let down by law enforcement or at least every kid that was still drawing breath when they decided not to engage the shooter.

Last edited by Yes sir; 07/15/22 09:08 PM.
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Ditchdiver] #7627592
07/15/22 09:05 PM
07/15/22 09:05 PM
SE Iowa
S
seiowatrapper Offline
trapper
seiowatrapper  Offline
trapper
S

SE Iowa
Originally Posted by Ditchdiver
I "kinda" understand what seiowatrapper is saying about the command calling it a hostage/barricade situation and the cops following the protocol for that situation, but,
THEY COULD HEAR THE GUN SHOTS AND KIDS SCREAMING!

Are you sure that they could hear the kids screaming? We cannot tell from the published video, because they muted the audio. What facts do you have, and that you can share, that supports that notion? I am truly interested.

From what I can tell, and without audio it is difficult to be sure, the screams would have been over with prior to the officers arriving in the hallway. If there were screams of terror that were audible to the officers then that is very, very disturbing and yes, anyone hearing those and ignoring them would be cowards. But I cannot identify anything that actually supports that those screams were audible to the officers.

Many are assuming that the officers heard screams, but no one has shared anything concrete that confirms that.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: danny clifton] #7627595
07/15/22 09:08 PM
07/15/22 09:08 PM
SE Iowa
S
seiowatrapper Offline
trapper
seiowatrapper  Offline
trapper
S

SE Iowa
Originally Posted by danny clifton
There were reasons why they were behaving the way they were that DID NOT include cowardice. I am truly amazed that this thought is one that so many of you cannot digest.

yep. the brave men in blue, wearing body armor and carrying arms, showed great courage running away and then standing around like that while little kids were being murdered by a lone psychopath

Do you ever have anything of substance to add? Or just disjointed ramblings. Clearly you have hard feelings towards cops...but whatever those are, they have no bearing on this matter.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: seiowatrapper] #7627598
07/15/22 09:09 PM
07/15/22 09:09 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by seiowatrapper
Originally Posted by Ditchdiver
I "kinda" understand what seiowatrapper is saying about the command calling it a hostage/barricade situation and the cops following the protocol for that situation, but,
THEY COULD HEAR THE GUN SHOTS AND KIDS SCREAMING!

Are you sure that they could hear the kids screaming? We cannot tell from the published video, because they muted the audio. What facts do you have, and that you can share, that supports that notion? I am truly interested.

From what I can tell, and without audio it is difficult to be sure, the screams would have been over with prior to the officers arriving in the hallway. If there were screams of terror that were audible to the officers then that is very, very disturbing and yes, anyone hearing those and ignoring them would be cowards. But I cannot identify anything that actually supports that those screams were audible to the officers.

Many are assuming that the officers heard screams, but no one has shared anything concrete that confirms that.

They muted the screams in the video I believe they said not not the gun shots

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: rex123] #7627602
07/15/22 09:12 PM
07/15/22 09:12 PM
SE Iowa
S
seiowatrapper Offline
trapper
seiowatrapper  Offline
trapper
S

SE Iowa
Originally Posted by rex123
You seem to say we weren't there so how do we know what happened. Well you weren't there either how do you know they weren't cowards? And what about the film evidence of him shooting and children screaming . They seemed to be heading in the other direction.

I have referenced several sources of information that I am using to base my opinions on...I too do not know everything about what went down there, none of us do. BUT...I am also NOT jumping to conclusions with partial information and incomplete information and smearing many people that I do not know, etc. I am sure that there will be more information that comes out and all of us will be able to tell more then.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7627604
07/15/22 09:15 PM
07/15/22 09:15 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
truth hurts does it?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7627609
07/15/22 09:19 PM
07/15/22 09:19 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Online content OP
trapper
Marty  Online Content OP
trapper

North East Kansas
seiowa does not know everything that happened but he knows the cops did what they should have done....talk about dishonesty...

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7627614
07/15/22 09:26 PM
07/15/22 09:26 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
I am sorry but when the people overseeing the investigation drew those conclusions after looking at All the evidence that neither you or anyone else has seen. They said that is their conclusion after looking at everything .How in any way can You reach YOUR conclusions knowing this? Are you just wanting to stir the pot or find some sort of .I am stopping you sir are what you are. And it is sad.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7627617
07/15/22 09:29 PM
07/15/22 09:29 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Online content OP
trapper
Marty  Online Content OP
trapper

North East Kansas
^100% correct.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Yes sir] #7627622
07/15/22 09:31 PM
07/15/22 09:31 PM
SE Iowa
S
seiowatrapper Offline
trapper
seiowatrapper  Offline
trapper
S

SE Iowa
Originally Posted by Yes sir

They muted the screams in the video I believe they said not not the gun shots

Yes, I know this. ^^ But WHEN were the screams being made? I think it was prior to any officer arriving in the hallway. There are several reports that indicate that some of the officers were recorded as asking each other if there were kids in there yet. I shared earlier today that the BORTAC personnel that ultimately did breach the classroom were stunned to see that there were dead bodies present. They thought they were going in to take out a lone gunman. That's how badly the communication was botched on this effort.

I have yet to see or hear anything that confirms that the screams were audible to any of the officers.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7627624
07/15/22 09:36 PM
07/15/22 09:36 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Ya he was just shooting off rounds for the fun of it no reason to think or believe he would have been firing at the kids in the school. Do you truly believe cops are that dumb? I know thay come from the general population and the general population is very ignorant. Add in they test and avoid hiring the smart applicants so I guess you may be correct if you believe the cops are that ignorant.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7627626
07/15/22 09:37 PM
07/15/22 09:37 PM
SE Iowa
S
seiowatrapper Offline
trapper
seiowatrapper  Offline
trapper
S

SE Iowa
Originally Posted by Marty
seiowa does not know everything that happened but he knows the cops did what they should have done....talk about dishonesty...

I don't think you know the definition of dishonesty...you should look it up. Neither I, nor any of us know, everything that happened there...that is why I resist so actively making very serious accusations about things that I do not know about. Something that you, and several others too, are not constrained by.

When I have offered my opinion on things I have taken care to also share why I think that and where I am getting that information. That's not dishonesty. When you label all of the officers as cowards, when they really weren't. Is that dishonesty...or are you personally immune?

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: rex123] #7627628
07/15/22 09:41 PM
07/15/22 09:41 PM
SE Iowa
S
seiowatrapper Offline
trapper
seiowatrapper  Offline
trapper
S

SE Iowa
I am sorry but when the people overseeing the investigation drew those conclusions after looking at All the evidence that neither you or anyone else has seen. They said that is their conclusion after looking at everything .How in any way can You reach YOUR conclusions knowing this? Are you just wanting to stir the pot or find some sort of .I am stopping you sir are what you are. And it is sad.

It was a failed response, I agree and have said so several times. That isn't the conversation here.

Where does any of the actual people in the know actually label the attending officers as cowards. That is the conversation here. No one is arguing that this was a good law enforcement response, no one. That others outside also state the same is not what is being discussed.

We are talking about whether or not the officers were cowards.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7627630
07/15/22 09:42 PM
07/15/22 09:42 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I'm just seriously glad seiatrapper isn't a cop. I have family in SE Iowa and I sure wouldn't want him being the one to show up if they ever ended up in a situation like that.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7627631
07/15/22 09:44 PM
07/15/22 09:44 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
I see armed men in body armor not acting while kids are being shot and bleeding to death. Yes they are 100% cowardly scum.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7627635
07/15/22 09:50 PM
07/15/22 09:50 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Online content OP
trapper
Marty  Online Content OP
trapper

North East Kansas
^x2

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: rex123] #7627637
07/15/22 09:52 PM
07/15/22 09:52 PM
SE Iowa
S
seiowatrapper Offline
trapper
seiowatrapper  Offline
trapper
S

SE Iowa

LOL. I run a successful company as the president/owner and have for many years. I am now, or have been in the past, a member of various Boards of Directors of for profit and non-profit organizations and have been elected to several leadership positions over time. I have also worked in management for approximately 40 years now and in short, have a very successful life and career. Let's just say that I would not be afraid to match my comprehension skills with yours. What do you do sir?

One thing in my background that helps me here is my work with Root Cause Analysis (RCA)...I truly see a number of people here issuing opinions and advice based not on a clear understanding of the facts of the matter, but a superficial understanding, then combined with personal biases such as a disdain for law enforcement and it is very troubling to see so many officers be labeled as cowards when I don't see the evidence that supports that.

Re: Uvalde hallway video. [Re: Marty] #7627640
07/15/22 09:56 PM
07/15/22 09:56 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Online content OP
trapper
Marty  Online Content OP
trapper

North East Kansas
Well, you definitely think you are/know better than the rest of us....^

Sure make your dribble sound good.....but it is dishonest dribble.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread