Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mountain trapline [Re: BTodd] #7605705
06/15/22 03:01 PM
06/15/22 03:01 PM
Wyoming
T
thedude055 Offline
trapper
thedude055  Offline
trapper
T

Wyoming
My questions i guess would be which mountains. Each range has its own game and own process really for access terrain and trapping situations. All this considered you really dont need much beyond a good call lure, and caster. This is a great base to work from. I would suggest a good all around bait as well or two. Gland lure is a great idea but it is important to know what season you are going to be in and how that may or may not affect your set. Urine is great to have. I look at what the area has and needs when using urine. sometimes red fox urine is dynomite for coyotes and fox and sometimes it goes un checked al together.

Suggestions before about snares is no joke. In some mountain ranges you can pick up 3 feet plus of snow in one check. Anchoring systems can be complex here depending on the terrain you are looing to get into. Some of my cat territory i just use drags and dont even try. Other areas a single rebar stake is just fine. Disposables are great but if there are rocks you may have to scrap the plan altogether. I have seen guys show up with fear all setup to run disposables and when they got there they had to change everything up last minute. be preparede to improvise is the best advice. If you know where you are going we can likely get you so of that information though. I will send yo ua pm with my information if you need anything here or if you need help through the non-resident license path. It can be confusing for the first time.

Owner Wind River Trapping Supplies
Re: Mountain trapline [Re: BTodd] #7605838
06/15/22 08:13 PM
06/15/22 08:13 PM
Texas, USA
B
BTodd Offline OP
trapper
BTodd  Offline OP
trapper
B

Texas, USA
Thank you all for replying. I will be in the laramie mountains just west of Wheatland.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91