No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Pricing out older used traps? #7605665
06/15/22 01:31 PM
06/15/22 01:31 PM
Eastern Nebraska
Y
yote_trapper20 Offline OP
trapper
yote_trapper20  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Eastern Nebraska
What’s the best way to price out older used traps. Have the opportunity to buy about 25 old square jaw Montgomery number 3 and 29 Herters number 2. Not sure what is a fair price to pay. I have an idea in my head but not sure it’s aligned with current market rate. Sprinkled into the deal is some newer traps and trapping items, etc which I find easier to determine.

Last edited by yote_trapper20; 06/15/22 01:33 PM.
Re: Pricing out older used traps? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7605695
06/15/22 02:39 PM
06/15/22 02:39 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
If the traps are in very good used condition and if you are planning on using them yourself, here is what I think a fair price is.

#3 square jaw Montgomery $7.00 to $8.00

#2 Herters coil $5.00

If the Montgomery are dogless, be sure to check that the pan notch has been filed. If the notch is filed too much, the traps won’t set. Finding replacement pans can be tough.

Of course, you can always pay less or pay more if the person selling is a friend. I’m telling you what I would sell them for.

Hope you get a good deal.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread