No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Montana - Affordable? [Re: DakotaBoy] #7587496
05/20/22 12:12 PM
05/20/22 12:12 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Wait !! My prediction of the housing collapse in Sept is looking more and more happening every day ........ Land and houses be lot cheaper come oct. 6 buck a gal will take care of it. Not to mention all the other crap bobo will screw up by then. Oh wait not much he can do unless china tries to invade us.

Re: Montana - Affordable? [Re: DakotaBoy] #7587605
05/20/22 02:44 PM
05/20/22 02:44 PM
Custer Co, Idaho
S
sneaky Offline
trapper
sneaky  Offline
trapper
S

Custer Co, Idaho
It's a numbers game, just like every state is dealing with. Doesn't matter how conservative and 2A friendly the rural areas are. The cities run the show... into the dirt mostly. Cook County IL runs the entire state of IL, the rural parts of the state are nothing like Chicago, but they're outnumbered. It doesn't take as many people to swing votes in places like the West because of the lower populations. MT is holding now, but at the current rate it's like sticking your finger in the crack of the dam. We keep hoping they'll eventually see the light, but they're doubling down on stupid. Next two and a half years are going to be interesting.

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
Re: Montana - Affordable? [Re: Sharon] #7587673
05/20/22 05:12 PM
05/20/22 05:12 PM
Interior AK
W
wyo marten man Offline
trapper
wyo marten man  Offline
trapper
W

Interior AK
Originally Posted by Sharon
Originally Posted by wyo marten man
Not sure I would move to MT. It may lean conservative now but won’t for long as is the first time in like 20 years. It will keep trending to Colorado standards. If you do move I would definitely stay away from mountains! The eastern part is the gem!

Wrong again about the area ...( Im smiling.....see ??? grin )

I have lived in the northern mountains for many years and it is not at all as you think.

If I only went to ANC and said the same thing, I would be gravely wrong in judging the vast rest of the state....well same here.

Missoula is most often mentioned in being liberal , and with the University there, no wonder, like other universities in all other states.

BUT- I'm here to say, there are a huge amount of extremely Conservative folks who live within the town limits , as well as all the surrounding countryside. Every time I go there I see them at favourite places to go, the places packed with locals , most open carrying.

I do not throw the baby out with the bathwater . I LIVE here and see how the lions share of real Montanans live and feel. Every day.

As well as have an active finger on the pulse of the governor, AG, and others in office and in the MSSA...which entails all the gun clubs in the whole state as well as countless individuals who are rigidly upholding our Second A.

We have the best protective SA legislative gun laws in the country.

As our Jack has said , it's best to tackle rotten salmon in your own area before throwing them elsewhere ....

The mountains are great, as are the local hard-working, Constitution abiding citizens.

I agree there are great folks and also conservative folks in western Montana in and around those areas. I am just stating as a population they are getting outnumbered whether we like it or not. Montana has been left leaning for 20 years or so do it won’t take much and like others have said the mountain areas of Montana are a huge area of interest for folks from the west coast.
But yes Montana still has some great things to offer no doubt but my preference is no doubt eastern Montana!

Re: Montana - Affordable? [Re: DakotaBoy] #7587679
05/20/22 05:21 PM
05/20/22 05:21 PM
SD
Boone Liane Offline
trapper
Boone Liane  Offline
trapper

SD
Montana is doomed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread