No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Let’s Get Rid of God #7560101
04/16/22 08:55 AM
04/16/22 08:55 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I expect nothing less from a libtard rag like The Times. I would keep issues in the bathroom to wipe my butt with if it wouldn't give them a sale. This moron is going to be in for a big surprise when he is judged.

New York Times Op-ed on Holy Weekend: Let’s Get Rid of God

The New York Times published an op-ed Friday that proposes eliminating belief in God — as one of the holiest weekends of the year begins.

Titled “In This Time of War, I Propose We Give Up God,” the article claims that God is responsible for “war and violence” and for “oppression and suffering,” and suggests that people stop teaching children about Him.

Author Shalom Auslander, who is disillusioned about his upbringing in a religious Jewish community in New York, argues (original emphasis):

God, it seems, paints with a wide brush. He paints with a roller. In Egypt, said our rabbi, he even killed first-born cattle. He killed cows. If he were mortal, the God of Jews, Christians and Muslims would be dragged to The Hague. And yet we praise him. We emulate him. We implore our children to be like him.

Perhaps now, as missiles rain down and the dead are discovered in mass graves, is a good time to stop emulating this hateful God. Perhaps we can stop extolling his brutality. Perhaps now is a good time to teach our children to pass over God — to be as unlike him as possible.

Killing gods is an idea I can get behind.

Good Friday is widely observed on Friday, followed by Easter Sunday; Passover is observed starting on Friday night.

Source: https://www.breitbart.com/faith/202...holy-weekend-lets-get-rid-of-god-really/

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560103
04/16/22 08:58 AM
04/16/22 08:58 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
The Times is trying to generate publicity and sales, it appears.

Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560124
04/16/22 09:25 AM
04/16/22 09:25 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
No surprise from a Liberal area....no different than eliminating elections.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560135
04/16/22 09:36 AM
04/16/22 09:36 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Can not everyone make up his own mind on what to do on that issue ?? I am an atheist yes but far from a liberal and I do not begrudge other their belief in something. If it helps them, thats fine by me and I am happy for them. Just as I am happy not to believe in this to be abstract fairytale. Heck once harvest comes around, I'll again have way more that us two can eat and will share my surplus with the less fortunate. best way to reach them with the least fuss it to drop the stuff off at a church with a food pantry thing going. Thats where a bunch of people meet and let them deal with the logistics of giving the stuff away. Why do I plant more than we need..... because I can and the tractor does most of the work. If I could only teach that thing how to pick beans and corn laugh
What I am trying to convey is that you are not a liberal by default if you don't believe in gods

Last edited by Scuba1; 04/16/22 09:38 AM.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560160
04/16/22 09:51 AM
04/16/22 09:51 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

During the time that the Puritans were sailing for a new land, the Western world was a different place spiritually.
One of the greatest minds - physicist, mathematician, philosopher, and theologian (a boat load of intellect!!!) of the Enlightenment was Sir Isaac Newton.
I enjoy history and enjoy reading the thoughts of those who've come before us and these historical writings debunk ALL those who say Christians are opposed to Science.
It was rubbish 400 years ago and it's rubbish still.

Sir Isaac Newton;
“Opposite to [Godliness] is atheism in profession, and idolatry in practise. Atheism is so senseless and odious to mankind that it never had many professors. Can it be by accident that all birds, beasts, and men have their right side and left side alike shaped (except in their bowels), and just two eyes and no more on either side of the face, and just two ears on either side of the head, and a nose with two holes and no more between the eyes, and one mouth under the nose, and either two fore legs or two wings or two arms on the sholders and two legs on the hips, one on either side and no more? Whence arises this uniformity in all their outward shapes but from the counsel and contrivance of an author? Whence is it that the eyes of all sorts of living creatures are transparent to the very bottom and the only transparent members in the body, having on the outside an hard transparent skin, and within transparent juices with a crystalline lens in the middle and a pupil before the lens, all of them so truly shaped and fitted for vision that no artist can mend them? Did blind chance know that there was light and what was its refraction, and fit the eyes of all creatures after the most curious manner to make use of it? These and such like considerations always have and ever will prevail with mankind to believe that there is a being who made all things and has all things in his power, and who is therefore to be feared.”

Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560200
04/16/22 10:36 AM
04/16/22 10:36 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
With nothing but respect for Scuba, who may be eternally wrong, I have no issue with those who chose not to believe. That's their free will and I'll fight to the death to give them that freedom of conscience.

The issue I have, and any freedom loving patriot should have, is when believers of either side openly attack or belittle the other for said belief or disbelief. On the contrary we as believers are commanded to evangelize with love and concern for our fellow man. If such equivalent exists among unbelievers I hope it is also with love and concern even if they have no Author of love.

But I would opine that there just might be a reason and some sort of insecurity when one side is continually assaulting and underming both the source and products of our Creator.

[Linked Image]
Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560242
04/16/22 11:20 AM
04/16/22 11:20 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
The argument is that religion is a construct of man and is corrupted by those seeking power... And the answer is a construct of man that somehow magically won't be corrupted by those seeking power.

Corruption is the natural offspring of authority. Voluntary participation chokes the life out of corruption.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560255
04/16/22 11:31 AM
04/16/22 11:31 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee

Let's go Brandon

Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: warrior] #7560266
04/16/22 11:45 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by warrior
With nothing but respect for Scuba, who may be eternally wrong, I have no issue with those who chose not to believe. That's their free will and I'll fight to the death to give them that freedom of conscience.

The issue I have, and any freedom loving patriot should have, is when believers of either side openly attack or belittle the other for said belief or disbelief. On the contrary we as believers are commanded to evangelize with love and concern for our fellow man. If such equivalent exists among unbelievers I hope it is also with love and concern even if they have no Author of love.

But I would opine that there just might be a reason and some sort of insecurity when one side is continually assaulting and underming both the source and products of our Creator.

I completely agree.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560267
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Always wondered the time frame that science figured out that the rib can replicate itself and if they knew it in time to get it in Genesis. So wondering on that timeline when science figured out the liver will also regenerate itself. Maybe the mention of the rib is just something that seemed like was a good place to start with woman as the Genesis story was written?

In later years I've come to think Creation and Science complement one another more so than antagonize. While I know little of science and perhaps even less about God. God knows me so that's where I'm most drawn to. The pot will never pass the maker.

Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560282
04/16/22 12:10 PM
04/16/22 12:10 PM
Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
Mira Trapper Offline
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline
trapper

Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
People who do not believe in God spend a lot of effort trying to replace him with secular gods who would have all races, creeds, ethnicities & free spirits stuck on a plantation ruled by Social Justice Marxists. Being only answerable to God as Free Spirits is a serious threat to those who would be bossman over us.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560331
04/16/22 12:52 PM
04/16/22 12:52 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
I am sorry that you think that way Mira

Let's go Brandon

Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560349
04/16/22 01:10 PM
04/16/22 01:10 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
The fact that I do not believe in gods does not mean that I am a insecure Stalinist liberal maniac that has no moral compass. Yet that is the roller that all atheists are painted with by the religious folks. It goes right above some christian folks head with a sonic boom that one does not have to believe in a god to be a compassionate and with that helpful member of society.
You see I don't much mind being shot at. Its getting hit that i object to .... don't ask me how I know that.

Let's go Brandon

Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: warrior] #7560354
04/16/22 01:14 PM
04/16/22 01:14 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by warrior

Good posting

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560355
04/16/22 01:16 PM
04/16/22 01:16 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

An orthodox (right thinking) Christian would agree that all people are given God's common grace, which includes breath in our lungs, a conscious and a morality, and the restraining of evil among other things. Why do you keep claiming otherwise?

Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560359
04/16/22 01:21 PM
04/16/22 01:21 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I dont think I am a liberal and I am certain I'm not a Marist. I took an oath in my youth to defend the constitution and I still will today. The authors of that document were pretty smart. When they got around to the bill of rights I think they got the order of importance right too. First is the right to speak, write, publish and also be free in your religion. The second affirms your right to defend your rights with arms.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560360
04/16/22 01:22 PM
04/16/22 01:22 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I'll stand with danny on that.
Yep.

Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560363
04/16/22 01:25 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Not everyone has a conscious or even any empathy for others. They are born mentally ill Mark. we call them psychopaths'

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560364
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Well Mark I must have met a lot more wrong thinking christians than right thinking ones in my time then. Then again i am not what one would call a regular church goer , so that don't help in those matters either.

Wat was nice with living out at anchor and now here in the sticks is that Jehovahs witnesses don't believe in swimming or long hikes on muddy roads to knock on doors.

We even had a pastor at our wedding as the admiral believes in such things. i can live with that and it made her happy. Even the pastor had a good time at our barefoot wedding

Last edited by Scuba1; 04/16/22 01:31 PM.

Let's go Brandon

Re: Let’s Get Rid of God [Re: Finster] #7560367
04/16/22 01:29 PM
04/16/22 01:29 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

There are still Pharisees among us Scuba. Oh yah.
My greatest challenge is dunderheaded believers who yak often, help never, if you catch my drift.
I'm old, there is much to be done and supported, so I don't have time for modern day dingleberries.

That said, it's God's Church (big C) so I smile and wave as muuuuuuuuch, assssssssss, IIIIIIIII, caaaaaaaan.
Somedays are easier than others.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread