No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How much does you liking someone [Re: Wolfdog91] #7552208
04/08/22 10:51 AM
04/08/22 10:51 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
BTW, just an observation.

I've found most trappers to be quite intelligent if not exactly good looking. LOL

It's that curious mind and attention to details the critter leaves plus an imaginative streak needed to figure out the trick to catch it.

[Linked Image]
Re: How much does you liking someone [Re: beaverpeeler] #7552216
04/08/22 11:07 AM
04/08/22 11:07 AM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Well, if you can't be handsome at least be handy!

Lol.....that's me grin

Nevada bound
Re: How much does you liking someone [Re: warrior] #7552236
04/08/22 11:26 AM
04/08/22 11:26 AM
havelock, NC
Rye Offline
trapper
Rye  Offline
trapper

havelock, NC
Originally Posted by warrior
BTW, just an observation.

I've found most trappers to be quite intelligent if not exactly good looking. LOL

It's that curious mind and attention to details the critter leaves plus an imaginative streak needed to figure out the trick to catch it.

I think it has more to do with a different value system in which people of higher intelligence care less for spending time and or have no value in the "appearance" of things and care more for the substance of things.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first. "
--Mark Twain.

Re: How much does you liking someone [Re: Rye] #7553298
04/09/22 02:16 PM
04/09/22 02:16 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and very suggestive. Also who is making the decision or interpretation of who or what is "intelligence"? To me intelligence is one's capability to learn, interpret and gain knowledge. There is also social intelligence" which is another vary different aspect of intelligence. Intelligent persons can and do gain knowledge in many areas, some forced some chosen. Some gain knowledge in very narrow ranges of available knowledge and some do so in very broad areas of knowledge gained or learned.

How all this appearance and intelligence pertains to political bent or choices is beyond my intelligence level or knowledge gained. Then on the other hand we tend during the age of TV and high visibility elect and support "pretty faces" stature and "closed minds" to either side so we probably are getting the politics we either choose or deserve.

B ryce

Re: How much does you liking someone [Re: Wolfdog91] #7553313
04/09/22 02:41 PM
04/09/22 02:41 PM
Southern, New Jersey
Bill from NJ Offline
trapper
Bill from NJ  Offline
trapper

Southern, New Jersey
Just going off of my personal life experience with folks...

The vast Majority of "Very Good Looking" People, were as dumb as a box of rocks.

I always believed, those good looking people, think that they could just smile or wiggle and jiggle... and coast their way through life.

Just my 2 cents added toward this conversation.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread