No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Indiana. Constitutional carry hb 1296 call now [Re: Providence Farm] #7524490
03/11/22 04:30 AM
03/11/22 04:30 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
In my case I have a right to be armed. I was born in this country. Come from a line of free people that have been here since the 1600's.

Your right about about people convicted of violent crimes. They should stay in jail. If they have to stray in jail there would be no need for the NFA or any subsequent gun control laws.

After all even people who vote with their emotions instead of their heads, don't say gun control reduces crime. They just claim MORE gun control will.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Indiana. Constitutional carry hb 1296 call now [Re: Providence Farm] #7524600
03/11/22 08:49 AM
03/11/22 08:49 AM
Indiana
H
Huntall76 Offline
trapper
Huntall76  Offline
trapper
H

Indiana
Yeah, I'm really not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers but in Indianas situation i do believe it's free to get a gun permit and it's not hard to get one. This state does not infringe on one's rights to carry a gun they just say fill out some paperwork first, no big deal. I know other states are strict and they shouldn't be that's why I stated I was only referring to Indiana gun laws.

Re: Indiana. Constitutional carry hb 1296 call now [Re: Providence Farm] #7524628
03/11/22 09:14 AM
03/11/22 09:14 AM
williamsburg ks
D
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Permit is a synonym for permission. You dont get permission to exorcise a right.

When you REGISTER to vote your not asking permission. You are just making it a little more difficult to vote more than once.

It is the PERMISSION thing I have a problem with. A felon can register to vote. No one checks. There is no permission. If they are caught its voter fraud but NOBODY gets permission. BIG difference.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Indiana. Constitutional carry hb 1296 call now [Re: Providence Farm] #7524632
03/11/22 09:21 AM
03/11/22 09:21 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Hunt tail only the 4 year permit is free not the $125 life time. You are right it not that tough to get. Let's see schedule appointment with your head Leo office fill out paperwork, go to another place get printed, sent off with another check to the state. Some places must me paid on line. May not be able to get appointment set for some time or one that works for you. Take maybe 6 weeks. I fact my daughter will be 20 in April but does not have her permit yet. Covid restrictions effected being able to get it done for some time but o you never thought about that.

Just because it's a small infringement dose not make it OK its an infringement. If you have Paid any attention those have alway had a way of creating and becoming a bigger infringement. They start of small and simple ans sound innocent enough. After all who can argue with common since gun control, it's for safety after all. If it just saves one life, think of the children. Sounding familiar?

So you go with the law of the land SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Then you don't end up with California,Illinois,& New York style gun control. See they all started off small and innocent sounding to. Then they creep. People accept the restrictions tand they become normal then they add just a little more restrictions. It's simple and any can do it if they are not lazy after all.

So you see your not riffing my feathers per say. But when "gun guys" thinking the way you do can't see that's how we end up with the restrictions they get mad about it blows my mind.

Like the Democrat that can't see electing Joe directly resulting in higher fuel prices and inflation.

Laws are only a reactive they do t prevent crime a bit. I will use a few examples

A. Drugs are illegal right getting stoped with them get in trouble. Works well as you can see.

B. Murder is illegal so another law like gun free zone will keep someone willing to take a murder rap from taking a gun there. I mean come on that criminal trespassing charge added to the murder charge just make the penalty to steep. Nope but it will keep people that follow the law unarmed making them easy prey now won't it!

. Edit: on 2nd thought my feathers are more than ruffled. Got to be honest with myself on that. You see to me I can deal with the gun grabbers. I don't like them but they can be dealt with. But when people on the freedom side can't see they are worse than the gun grabbers and they don't even see it.

When expanded a few get it, but a larger number will agree but still go back to saying well but it's OK because. They are so dug in on their stance that can't change. So yes, I do get wound out about it.

Edit 2. Thought about it while milking this morning. For those the understand it this in one of the rare time we get to move the gun control effort in the opposite direction its been going since the 1930's.
I'm disappointed in those that can't instantly see this. But its not all their fault. They have been programed since birth so it normal.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 03/11/22 10:35 AM.
Re: Indiana. Constitutional carry hb 1296 call now [Re: Providence Farm] #7524647
03/11/22 09:34 AM
03/11/22 09:34 AM
williamsburg ks
D
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
The only reason for the permission slip is to give old women and young democrats the EMOTION that they are safer.

I am tired of pandering to the emotions of progressives.

Pick your own pronoun for example. Nope. I am not gonna call a he a she.

I am not going to pretend that electric lawn mowers and vehicles cause less pollution than internal combustion engines.

I am not going to pretend BLM is a good organization even though I think getting stopped for driving while black is a real thing.

I am not going to pretend that passing more laws protects me from drug addiction or a violent crime.

I am not going to pretend that homosexuality is not a mental illness. They don't harm anyone. It should not be a crime. It is still un-natural. I have no idea why people are born that way any more than I know why people are born schizophrenics or psychopaths. It happens. Lets call it what it is. MENTAL ILLNESS.

Re: Indiana. Constitutional carry hb 1296 call now [Re: Providence Farm] #7524888
03/11/22 12:32 PM
03/11/22 12:32 PM
Worthington, IN
S
Scott T Offline
trapper
Scott T  Offline
trapper
S

Worthington, IN
Just made the call. They didn’t answer so I left a message. I already have my lifetime permit but hopefully it goes through.

Looks like he needs another year;-)
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread