No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Discernment has always been the key [Re: ] #7510180
02/26/22 02:51 PM
02/26/22 02:51 PM
South Central Kansas
KsTrapper88 Offline
trapper
KsTrapper88  Offline
trapper

South Central Kansas
Cunningham is my neck of the woods, little over an hour drive. Coyotes are thick here, hope the academy goes well, and the weather cooperates too.

Derek
Re: Discernment has always been the key [Re: KsTrapper88] #7510304
02/26/22 05:16 PM
02/26/22 05:16 PM
Idaho City, Idaho
I
IdahoRoger Offline
trapper
IdahoRoger  Offline
trapper
I

Idaho City, Idaho
Reminds of the movie with Al Pacino. "I always knew the right path, without exception --- I knew!"

Re: Discernment has always been the key [Re: ] #7510389
02/26/22 06:59 PM
02/26/22 06:59 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Mark, I said what I mean, not what you want to be said, you seem to like to place
Your thoughts as others should see written instead of reading and understanding
What they wrote.

I never said all, one or many, I said some, read again to make sure lol

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Discernment has always been the key [Re: ] #7510418
02/26/22 07:27 PM
02/26/22 07:27 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

I didn't inject my philosophy upon yours on an online forum GritGuy.
I was trying to figure out what in the Little Jimmy-Dickens you were posting.

I don't see the word "some" anywhere in your post but are you trying to say "some" are born with the ability to discern? Or "some" are born with common sense? The use of the term "common sense" is only a few 100 years old and comes from the fiesta Scots. Oh how those Scots would ramble around with others who didn't think as they thought (that's called philosophy). They said even the "common" person at least had "some sense," = common sense.

The minute we step from reading a Scripture to the next step >>>> interpretation, we step into philosophy.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Discernment has always been the key [Re: ] #7510655
02/26/22 11:30 PM
02/26/22 11:30 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Mark it's there you missed it, and you never have left Philosophy in any of your statements.

You shouldn't try so hard to read simple statements about other's conjectures and beliefs, looking for some
sort of tie in to yours.

Not all life is predicated on religion and a book of tales wrote decades and centuries after what was supposed
to have happened by one individual.

You have your believe in things, seems to suit your narrative just fine, I believe in mine, seems to suit me fine !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Discernment has always been the key [Re: ] #7510661
02/26/22 11:35 PM
02/26/22 11:35 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I guess I missed the point of this thread.

Re: Discernment has always been the key [Re: Posco] #7510832
02/27/22 07:46 AM
02/27/22 07:46 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Posco
I guess I missed the point of this thread.

The ability to judge well. Where does it come from?
All the back and forth on these threads.
Some call it opinion.
It's not. It's called "philosophy."
As in your ability to judge, and your experiences, (and a bit more) all add up to give someone a "philosophy."

Example;
You read a thread. That's referred to as observation.
As it rolls round and round the noggin and someone's noggin figures out the how/what/when/why of what has been observed.

From the noggin comes ..... interpretation.
Interpretation >>>> is built on the house of "philosophy."

And philosophy (worldview in large measure) is built on experience, (experiential knowledge) and to a large measure discernment.

Where people mine for discernment (the ability to judge well) varies WIDELY but it is part, a large part of philosophy and the interpretive brain.

For example, I'm a 16 year kiddo and I am out on the town Friday night with the posse, and someone says, "Hey, let's get some drugs."
My noggin makes a play to shift into gear and experiential knowledge comes to mind, along with of course, discernment.... the ability to judge well.
I might even place my ability to judge well at someone else's feet and say, "What do you think?" and draw upon their discernment capacity.

I think the discernment of many people is lacking and they are wounded in their ability to judge well for their safety, their health, be in relationships, and many other things.
Mostly discernment helps us find what everyone seeks at some point.
Rest.

Americans are the most medicated anxious people there's ever been.
ADHD is now the rule rather than an exception.
Depression (the body cannot cope) is the real pandemic.

I think our ability to discern is busted as a nation.. Which has dire effects on people and those who they love or who love them.

I will see more of it today in ministry.
You'll see it as you look around also.

What's that old definition of insanity again?

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Discernment has always been the key [Re: GritGuy] #7510844
02/27/22 08:00 AM
02/27/22 08:00 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by GritGuy
Mark it's there you missed it, and you never have left Philosophy in any of your statements.

You shouldn't try so hard to read simple statements about other's conjectures and beliefs, looking for some
sort of tie in to yours.

Not all life is predicated on religion and a book of tales wrote decades and centuries after what was supposed
to have happened by one individual.

You have your believe in things, seems to suit your narrative just fine, I believe in mine, seems to suit me fine !

GritGuy,
IC. You're rowing your boat too hard sir. I didn't tell you what to type as much as you have been telling me you don't like what I type.
I was asking, humbly, what you were trying to tell us? It wasn't that clear, so I was asking for clarity. That's all.

I can help you with some things here perhaps;
You wrote, "Mark it's there you missed it, (<<<<< discerning statement) and you never have left Philosophy in any of your statements.(<<<<<<< philosophical statement)"
In the 1st portion, you judged that I missed it and in the 2nd portion your interpretive skills suggest to you that... well, I don't really know what this means to be honest (my discerning).

Actually your posts are judgmental through and though so you're using your discernment in almost each sentence you type.

I realize the worldview I and others hold, which is Christianity, is irritable and we wonder, "Why is that?"
That'd be deeply entrenched in our ability to discern such things.

Blessings!
Enjoy that beautiful Utah!
Mark

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread