No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Squash] #7504412
02/21/22 10:21 PM
02/21/22 10:21 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Squash

I work in the Forest Industry which is heavily dependent on the trucking industry . Protest or not it has become harder and harder to get Forest Products hauled to market. Mill Quotas are not being met and log landings are backed up. Truckers are already going broke. High fuel costs , lack of drivers, and gov. Regulations are the bigger problem. That’s what they should be protesting, not these authoritarian mask and vax mandates.

And they should stop being racist.

Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Blaine County] #7504423
02/21/22 10:31 PM
02/21/22 10:31 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Seems like a copycat excuse to burn diesel. I am still waiting for someone to tell me what the point of this might be. As mentioned above, truckers have no vaccine mandate in the U.S.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Why would we tell you ? You're not on our side

Don't worry , you won't ever be called upon to help fight any government overreach

Report a post club - Non member

Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Blaine County] #7504425
02/21/22 10:33 PM
02/21/22 10:33 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Seems like a copycat excuse to burn diesel. I am still waiting for someone to tell me what the point of this might be. As mentioned above, truckers have no vaccine mandate in the U.S.

Monkey see, monkey do.

The vaccine mandate opened people's eyes to rogue government in general. It's about time.

Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Blaine County] #7504427
02/21/22 10:34 PM
02/21/22 10:34 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

Monkey see, monkey do.

Guys quit feeding this monkey. All he does is throw his (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) at you.

[Linked Image]
Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Cragar] #7504444
02/21/22 10:48 PM
02/21/22 10:48 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
For some folks a 2X4 used as a training aid is the only option.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Squash] #7504487
02/21/22 11:51 PM
02/21/22 11:51 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by Squash

I work in the Forest Industry which is heavily dependent on the trucking industry . Protest or not it has become harder and harder to get Forest Products hauled to market. Mill Quotas are not being met and log landings are backed up. Truckers are already going broke. High fuel costs , lack of drivers, and gov. Regulations are the bigger problem. That’s what they should be protesting, not these authoritarian mask and vax mandates.

You don't suppose it's all of the above?

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Scuba1] #7504491
02/21/22 11:56 PM
02/21/22 11:56 PM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon
Originally Posted by Scuba1
For some folks a 2X4 used as a training aid is the only option.

sometimes it needs to be bigger than a 2x4.

Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Cragar] #7504521
02/22/22 12:47 AM
02/22/22 12:47 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
.224 maybe?

[Linked Image]
Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Cragar] #7504548
02/22/22 02:12 AM
02/22/22 02:12 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Scuba1
Originally Posted by Posco
When Biden and Trudeau use race as a means of inciting their base, it's time for them to go. You don't falsely vilify half the population for political gain.

the democrats have been doing that for years. Its nothing new. Proud to be a deplorable caveman

Originally Posted by Posco
They have but we've never seen a sitting president stoop to such a low. It's beyond despicable and he needs to go.

obama was a master at using race to arouse his base. In my opinion, obama was the worst president of the United States. obama was in a position to deal a serious blow to racism in the US and instead chose to fan the flames of hate to a new, higher level. Instead of saying the inflammatory statement, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon.", just to incite the democrat base.

Keith

Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Cragar] #7504555
02/22/22 02:52 AM
02/22/22 02:52 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Squash, if you can't get your logs hauled its because your not paying enough. If you cant pay more then the mill isnt paying enough. If the mill can't pay more it's because the end user can not pay more. If the end user can't pay more its inflation, or depreciation of the dollar. The depreciation of the dollar is the result of government printing money. Money was printed to offset the ridiculousness of the virus mandates that put so many out of work and closed the doors of so many businesses.

the economy was really booming pre covid

I am just an uneducated driver but thats what it looks like out my windshield

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Cragar] #7504558
02/22/22 03:38 AM
02/22/22 03:38 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Funny it looks the same out this trapper's windshield as well.

[Linked Image]
Re: American freedom convoy [Re: danny clifton] #7504629
02/22/22 08:26 AM
02/22/22 08:26 AM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Squash, if you can't get your logs hauled its because your not paying enough. If you cant pay more then the mill isnt paying enough. If the mill can't pay more it's because the end user can not pay more. If the end user can't pay more its inflation, or depreciation of the dollar. The depreciation of the dollar is the result of government printing money. Money was printed to offset the ridiculousness of the virus mandates that put so many out of work and closed the doors of so many businesses.

You are correct, I cannot pay more, so please tell me how I leverage the mills and the end users to pay more ? But don’t worry, Biden will tell us during his State of the Union address , that everything is fine, and half of the country will believe him, even some truckers.

Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Cragar] #7504640
02/22/22 08:36 AM
02/22/22 08:36 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I wasn't making light of your situation squash. i get it. Believe me.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: American freedom convoy [Re: danny clifton] #7504656
02/22/22 08:52 AM
02/22/22 08:52 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN

How is it that the view is so clear through the uneducated drivers windshield, but so distorted through the wwindows of the whitehouse?

Re: American freedom convoy [Re: walleye101] #7504663
02/22/22 08:55 AM
02/22/22 08:55 AM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by walleye101

How is it that the view is so clear through the uneducated drivers windshield, but so distorted through the wwindows of the whitehouse?

Because they can't even begin to understand the way of life for common folk...or don't care.

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Gary Benson] #7504800
02/22/22 11:08 AM
02/22/22 11:08 AM
Mississippi
M
mike jerrell Offline
trapper
mike jerrell  Offline
trapper
M

Mississippi
I was wondering the same thing, Since I have a black friend who’s been running coast to coast for decades.
When all else fails, Play the race card.

Gotta spread your arms and hold your breath and always trust your cape. ~ Jerry Jeff Walker
Re: American freedom convoy [Re: KeithC] #7504812
02/22/22 11:19 AM
02/22/22 11:19 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by KeithC
obama was a master at using race to arouse his base. In my opinion, obama was the worst president of the United States. obama was in a position to deal a serious blow to racism in the US and instead chose to fan the flames of hate to a new, higher level. Instead of saying the inflammatory statement, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon.", just to incite the democrat base.

Keith

I don't think there's any doubt Obama set everything we're witnessing today in motion. Bernie Sanders was just some oddball kook from Vermont before Barry came along. This is what fundamental transformation looks like. Hopefully he'll hang one day.

Last edited by Posco; 02/22/22 11:20 AM. Reason: Lousy proofreader
Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Cragar] #7504866
02/22/22 12:20 PM
02/22/22 12:20 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Taking a little time out to Remind your elected representatives they are overstepping the authority granted them by the electorate and remind them who delivers everything is never a bad idea or waste of fuel.

it is how our Representative Republic is supposed to work.

this pandemic was milked for every dollar it could be , enough is enough , were not building back better were building some peoples bank accounts and if you think it is Average Joe citizen , it isn't.

even if it wasn't planned 3/13/2020 by 4/13/2020 there were sure plenty figuring out how to milk the crisis for everything they could , never let a good crisis go to waste

we have seen the current administration blaming truck drivers for shortages , while you can see a live stream of 50 trucks waiting at port of LA to pick up a load and none of the cranes are even moving.

many truckers got treated as diseased 2nd class citizens for the last 2 years in many ways and many places , no being allowed to use the restroom , eating every meal in your truck.

so taking a break and reminding those elected officials of their place is a good thing.

yup it might make for more shipping delays , or shortages , guess someone should have thought about that when the made everything just in time shipping , years ago , people have been warning about the dangers of it for more than a decade.

every time a crisis comes up suddenly there is an executive order by state or fed allowing truckers to drive beyond their normal hours , so is it safe or is it unsafe . if you make the argument it is unsafe 98% of the year then make suddenly safe by executive action when you need to stretch the labor force farther. hire more tuckers all the time or use the NG to move loads if it is that critical

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Cragar] #7504875
02/22/22 12:28 PM
02/22/22 12:28 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
I still think that it would make more of an impact if all truckers would just take a 2 week time out. Heck one week would bring the liberal run cities to a complete panic and melt down. Just unhitch the trailers where they are and drive the rig home and keep an eye on it so no one takes it. It will never happen but its a nice thought

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: American freedom convoy [Re: Cragar] #7504893
02/22/22 12:46 PM
02/22/22 12:46 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I wasnt allowed to load at a chicken processing plant just south of Cullman AL years ago. Was supposed to pick up feather meal for a dog feed plant in Clinton OK. When I asked where the mens room was the secratary pointed out through the glass door at a blue plastic outhouse and said "the truckers bathroom is out there". I walked out that door and peed in the grass in full view of anybody looking out the door.

Have been refused to be allowed to load also because I wont hand over my driver license to be scanned into a computer. I have been told I couldn't unload for the same reason but that never actually happened. They just say dont ever come back. Was told that at the same business multiple times when delivering. Sometimes they really wont let you load. Not often.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread