No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: NTA Hall of Fame ?? [Re: Mike Cope] #7496129
02/14/22 04:04 PM
02/14/22 04:04 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Online content
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Online Content
"Trapperman custodian"

Goldsboro, North Carolina
Originally Posted by Horn
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Good info lcd, You would think that the trapping organizations would be looking to honor the trappers that had advanced trapping the most for the common good in any capacity.

Maybe I'm selfish, but for a organization to look past a worthy recipient because that person hadn't done enough to advance that particular associations brand seems a little short sighted.

Might be totally out of bounds with my ideas on the matter, but would just like to see the ones recognized
who had the most impact overall as the paramount hall of fame criteria.

The NHL does not recognize the or choose the NFL's Most Valuable Player, or decide who plays in the Pro bowl.

Nor should a trapping organization recognize NFL's most valuable player, fishermen and hunters. We're talking about trappers here.

Re: NTA Hall of Fame ?? [Re: Mike Cope] #7496202
02/14/22 05:45 PM
02/14/22 05:45 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Originally Posted by Horn
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Good info lcd, You would think that the trapping organizations would be looking to honor the trappers that had advanced trapping the most for the common good in any capacity.

Maybe I'm selfish, but for a organization to look past a worthy recipient because that person hadn't done enough to advance that particular associations brand seems a little short sighted.

Might be totally out of bounds with my ideas on the matter, but would just like to see the ones recognized
who had the most impact overall as the paramount hall of fame criteria.

If a great Trapper does not belong to or support a given Organization either State or National: How and why would the Organization recognize that Trapper??

The NHL does not recognize the or choose the NFL's Most Valuable Player, or decide who plays in the Pro bowl.

I always looked at trapping organizations as a inclusive brotherhood, trapping is much bigger than any one organization and the sum of the parts (organizations) make the whole.

If a honorable trapper makes a big impact, and say done his work primarily in the FTA for example, but all of trapping benefited, there is no reason another organization shouldn't honor that trapper and celebrate his or her accomplishments.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Member - FTA
Re: NTA Hall of Fame ?? [Re: yukon254] #7496217
02/14/22 06:21 PM
02/14/22 06:21 PM
Wisconsin
M
Mike Wilhite Offline
trapper
Mike Wilhite  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by yukon254
Anyone know who to contact if they wanted to nominate someone to the NTA hall of fame ?? I think Bob Noonan deserves to be in it.

I nominated Bob a few years ago...didn't make the cut.

Re: NTA Hall of Fame ?? [Re: yukon254] #7496551
02/14/22 10:52 PM
02/14/22 10:52 PM
Beaman Iowa 55
M
Mike Cope Offline
trapper
Mike Cope  Offline
trapper
M

Beaman Iowa 55
There are some very good trappers that belong to and support ONLY ONE of the National Organizations.

Goes either way as to which National Organization. Some will say why, Some will not.

It happens at the State Level also. Look at fur harvester license sales compared to State Organization numbers.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread