No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Suppressors [Re: MattLA] #7474538
01/26/22 10:21 PM
01/26/22 10:21 PM
Nebraska
Cougarw Offline OP
trapper
Cougarw  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
The questions you ask is what I'm trying to learn before I buy. I would like to put it in my bolts or AR guns. If I cant get max performance I will buy what I need for both. More than likely it will be on a bolt .223 and an AR .223. Would like to put on my 3006 deer rifle also if I can but not necessary.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
Re: Suppressors [Re: seniortrap] #7474571
01/26/22 10:37 PM
01/26/22 10:37 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by seniortrap
Why do you have to purchase a license for a suppressor?

Its not a license its a $200 tax stamp. Part of The NFA law.

I would not ever buy a .223 can for my first supressor. Its to limiting and you will not notice any extra supression.

Get a .30 cal can for your first one and use it on everything. Wait tell your next several befor you limit yourself.

The AR platform sucks for supression also you will probably need to add an adjustiable gas block to help with being over gas and reduce gas in your face.

Decibal reduction # only tell part of the story. Tone and pitch play a big part. A can can meter a little louder but may sound quiter to your ear. Deep tone will sound more quiet than a higher pitch. Yet the higher pitch may meter more quietly.

NFA talk is a good place for info. Tons of independent meter data on thst sight. Some taken at my farm. I host an event most years.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread