No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
" Field Scan " (Trail Cam Setting)? #7445601
12/30/21 11:50 AM
12/30/21 11:50 AM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline OP
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline OP
trapper
P

Europe
What's that about, please? Did I once read that it's for staring along a long, straight boundary, to see what crosses it? Or is actually a more 'all encompassing', longer distance watch on what ever's out there?

Re: " Field Scan " (Trail Cam Setting)? [Re: Pest's Dad] #7445625
12/30/21 12:19 PM
12/30/21 12:19 PM
CO
R
Ringneck1 Offline
trapper
Ringneck1  Offline
trapper
R

CO
The one I have used take a picture periodically regardless of critter motion setting it off. So you set the camera to take a picture every 10 seconds or so from 1pm to dark. You customize how often it fires and starts stop times. The one I used then stitched all those pictures together in effect a movie for viewing.

Re: " Field Scan " (Trail Cam Setting)? [Re: Ringneck1] #7445669
12/30/21 01:00 PM
12/30/21 01:00 PM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline OP
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline OP
trapper
P

Europe
shocked Wow! Thanks, Ringneck. I never thought of That!

I'll have to give mine a try, some time. And, if that sounds a bit odd, it's just that I only have Two cams, as we speak. I have so much work for them I just haven't got time to have them sitting about 'experimenting'.

Never mind. Couple more in the post. And I'm eyeballing another which I quite fancy. Quite mad, really; When ye consider I barely leave my porch to set them! laugh

Re: " Field Scan " (Trail Cam Setting)? [Re: Pest's Dad] #7445746
12/30/21 02:52 PM
12/30/21 02:52 PM
CO
R
Ringneck1 Offline
trapper
Ringneck1  Offline
trapper
R

CO
Lots of them here are used for food plot monitoring. So you have a good idea of when the deer come in. Many normal trail cams offer field scan as a setting now.

Re: " Field Scan " (Trail Cam Setting)? [Re: Pest's Dad] #7445760
12/30/21 03:15 PM
12/30/21 03:15 PM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline OP
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline OP
trapper
P

Europe
I have a 'not bang up to date' Bushnell Trophy here. (Actually, I've just this minute put it back out) It's been giving me some stick. I think / Hope I've just figured out that it Doesn't allow for pix and films at the same time. Pix over rides and I get a truck load of Just those.

This cheap and nasty little chinker allows / comes factory defaulted to three shots. Then a blast of film. It's actually not That bad a setting. Only, the AVI's it takes are stupid and absolute murder to actually do anything with. The snap shots prove useful then, as I can glance at them to gauge what might appear on the following vid.

Just been ruminating about all this on my own little spot. I have two cams here. Two in the post. And, today, a fifth one caught my eye grin I'm learning though. I'll now be looking for the 'little' details.

Figured deer would come into the equation, on your side wink I haven't got round to them yet. But, I hope to. It's addictive!

Re: " Field Scan " (Trail Cam Setting)? [Re: Pest's Dad] #7445810
12/30/21 04:26 PM
12/30/21 04:26 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
It becomes addictive enough that soon you’ll be running all cellular cameras, lol.

Re: " Field Scan " (Trail Cam Setting)? [Re: Pest's Dad] #7445824
12/30/21 04:52 PM
12/30/21 04:52 PM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline OP
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline OP
trapper
P

Europe
Ah, is that the ones that tell ye phone when something's happening ~ even send ye stuff? Nooo! I'm not going There! I'd never get a moments peace! shocked

See, I think it's like a 'cultural' thing, basically? You guys are big into ye deer? Well, like I have deer round here. I really must get round to trying for some of them too. That'd make interesting copy. But, conditions are different here. About all I legally can do is try to get film of them. Just for fun. But, what fun it is, eh?! grin

Murder though. One of my mates is, right now, bugging me to tell him which cam I have my eye on now. (Between you and me? I'm liking the GardePro! Ticks my boxes)

Talking of ticking? On my site, I've posted a list of thirty five birds I know we get, round here. Now, my job it to Film each of them. Photo's won't do ~ Dunno why I set that rule! laugh ) And, as I 'catch' each one, so I tick it off on my list and show the clip.

I was howling, this morning, then! Bush had taken All pictures. No vid. And I had absolutely crippling shots of a bird I particularly wanted! Nothing I could do! Always tomorrow. Ooh! My cheapy chinker (Not actually That bad a little cam, if I'm honest) May catch me a walk by, come the dawn. Bush is watching a gate, for bigger stuff.

I Love this! grin

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread