No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This is especially for Ms. Sharon... #7403342
11/12/21 06:50 PM
11/12/21 06:50 PM
NY
SnareLine Offline OP
trapper
SnareLine  Offline OP
trapper

NY
Enjoy! 😊

Majestic

Hiding our humane dispatches doesn't keep the Antis from showing their own gruesome ones. In this 1 sided story, who will the public believe, then?
Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7403375
11/12/21 07:37 PM
11/12/21 07:37 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Wow. That horse is beautiful. Id hate to have to keep up the bright white.

Nice to see you on here snareline. I hope you are doing good

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7403389
11/12/21 08:08 PM
11/12/21 08:08 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Wow a real white beauty !

Thank you Snareline! Good to see you ! I know you and yours have been tough survivors , but I still worry sometimes.

One thing about white hosses.....it takes a ton of work to get them that clean and white...and all it takes is one roll in the grass ! He sure has his white privilege card rollin' grin

Many thanks for thinking of me . You stay safe, hear ? Keep your powder dry.

Snowing here now, looks like a dreamland in the hemlock and cedar boughs, and in the big mountains.

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7403562
11/12/21 11:07 PM
11/12/21 11:07 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
He is ninty five percent unicorn! lol. Must have been dehorned!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7403578
11/12/21 11:21 PM
11/12/21 11:21 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Or white wings ! Love how they so intricately braid manes nowadays. Very neat look.

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7403609
11/12/21 11:54 PM
11/12/21 11:54 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Online content
trapper
chas3457  Online Content
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
Looks very much like a Friesian, but I've only seen them in black. shocked

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7403617
11/13/21 12:11 AM
11/13/21 12:11 AM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Charlie, there are Vanner Cobs that look very much as this one...they come in varied colours, many paints among them. In other parts of the world there are heavy smaller drafts with lots of feathering . This one doesn't look very tall , which many of the Vanners and other cob types are.

I just know one thing...I promised myself decades ago that I'd never have a HOSS with very much white to maintain !

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7403866
11/13/21 10:41 AM
11/13/21 10:41 AM
NY
SnareLine Offline OP
trapper
SnareLine  Offline OP
trapper

NY
Hi everybody!! Great to see you all, too.

Such kind words, Ms. Sharon, thank you! You are an earthly angel that we don't deserve smile

I know I'm not on here much, but I think of you all a lot, I promise...

And I'm even trapping some; caught a grinner the other day! grin grin

Last edited by SnareLine; 11/13/21 10:49 AM.

Hiding our humane dispatches doesn't keep the Antis from showing their own gruesome ones. In this 1 sided story, who will the public believe, then?
Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7403867
11/13/21 10:42 AM
11/13/21 10:42 AM
NY
SnareLine Offline OP
trapper
SnareLine  Offline OP
trapper

NY
Here's another beautiful one:

Not as beautiful, but still cool

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7403927
11/13/21 11:58 AM
11/13/21 11:58 AM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Keep out of the city and in the country as much as you can, Snareline.

The new one is an Arabian. From the looks of the background, he is being shown in a place like The United Arab Emirates , Dubai . The world's money in all manner of assets are bought and sold there. Sheiks love Arab shows , among the world's most costly Arabians are raised, sold and bought there as investments, and passed down the thousands of years pedigrees they all have.

There's an old saying, if you want to make a breed better, infuse Arabians. Some western folk here don't cotton much to that saying, buttttt.......the American Quarter horse and Thoroughbred industry were ALL founded on....Arabians. grin

Among the most fun and exhilarating rides I've had were all on Arabs.

Thank you for the share, Snareline.

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: Sharon] #7403957
11/13/21 12:46 PM
11/13/21 12:46 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by Sharon
I just know one thing...I promised myself decades ago that I'd never have a HOSS with very much white to maintain !

Sharon, funny you say that, but very true. It is just the opposite on vehicles, all my cars and trucks (daily drivers, not hot rods) are white. I owned a black corvette once, and will never own a black car again! Wash them, and they look dirty in ten seconds! Does the make me racist? Oh well, I don't much care what others think!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7403965
11/13/21 01:06 PM
11/13/21 01:06 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Lee, that is so true ! I didn't think about the comparison of metal vs muscle and bone horsepower !

I believe the surface textures and the degree of engagement makes that different....grass stains white hair, fur...it does on any colour, but for white animals, it really shows up.

For metal horsepower, mud and dust attaches to a much smoother surface and leaves a film that can be seen also on any colour .

Horses, howevah, get down and dirty right into sand, dirt, grass, even snow, though the latter acts as a superb cleaning agent in fur and hair.

Black vets sure look cool. Then again, everyone who invests in a cah of that value always keeps them clean, regardless of colour ! grin
[Linked Image]

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7403994
11/13/21 02:00 PM
11/13/21 02:00 PM
NY
SnareLine Offline OP
trapper
SnareLine  Offline OP
trapper

NY
Sup much knowledge to be gained from these replies...

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: Sharon] #7403997
11/13/21 02:02 PM
11/13/21 02:02 PM
NY
SnareLine Offline OP
trapper
SnareLine  Offline OP
trapper

NY
Keep out of the city and in the country as much as you can, Snareline.

The new one is an Arabian. From the looks of the background, he is being shown in a place like The United Arab Emirates , Dubai . The world's money in all manner of assets are bought and sold there. Sheiks love Arab shows , among the world's most costly Arabians are raised, sold and bought there as investments, and passed down the thousands of years pedigrees they all have.

There's an old saying, if you want to make a breed better, infuse Arabians. Some western folk here don't cotton much to that saying, buttttt.......the American Quarter horse and Thoroughbred industry were ALL founded on....Arabians. grin

Among the most fun and exhilarating rides I've had were all on Arabs.

Thank you for the share, Snareline.

Speaking of Dubai: If this was an adults only site, I'd share what I've learned about Instagram and Dubai. crazy Would make a hardened sailor blush.

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7404027
11/13/21 02:43 PM
11/13/21 02:43 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Well what do you expect from that part of the world ....the only good thing to me out of that area are the horses.

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: Sharon] #7404084
11/13/21 03:47 PM
11/13/21 03:47 PM
NY
SnareLine Offline OP
trapper
SnareLine  Offline OP
trapper

NY
Well what do you expect from that part of the world ....the only good thing to me out of that area are the horses.

Truth

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7404136
11/13/21 05:08 PM
11/13/21 05:08 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
I think back fondly of visiting New York city with my grandmother...who was into culture, education, and world travel. They had a second home in Milan, Italy . She loved that country, and showed me the art museums, fine Italian leather and cuisine .And the horses. I would have drug her along with me to visit the industries of the finest Italian shotguns then, like Beretta, and others, if I was into them then smile

In New York, we enjoyed amazing cultural arts, from jaw-dropping buildings that were works of art in their architecture, with marble pillars, sculpted horses and humans in perfect anatomical dimensions. Art museums , where I saw my first Rosa Bonheur painting, The Horse Fair, that blew my mind of how a woman could not only hold her own as a painter of such masculine action , among a world of men of that renaissance era , but excel them in details that broke the ceiling of the masters in progressive anatomy exhibited. Thus began my art studies , from those masters , not from in person training.

I recall the smells of such remarkable foods in the city. My grandparents knew of obscure hole in the wall Italian restaurants where the cuisine melted in your mouth. I really enjoyed my visit there.

Grandma and Grandpa, who was a leading scientist working for NASA, always told me to become well-balanced in education, to move well among heads of state , enjoy orchestra, to the love of the country and woodland.

When I think of NYC, I sincerely hope the city gets back to the amazing place it was, without fear, NYC's finest in blue, overseeing a safe and thriving place that people the world over loved to see. They always let me pet their horses when we came across the mounted units in the streets.

I do not remember the name of those few small places we would enjoy Italian meals in, but I do recall the sweet aromas and kindness shown to us , from those owners who took such pride in their hard work.

When I think of your hometown, all those fond memories and hopes for the future return.

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: Sharon] #7406289
11/16/21 07:29 AM
11/16/21 07:29 AM
NY
SnareLine Offline OP
trapper
SnareLine  Offline OP
trapper

NY
I think back fondly of visiting New York city with my grandmother...who was into culture, education, and world travel. They had a second home in Milan, Italy . She loved that country, and showed me the art museums, fine Italian leather and cuisine .And the horses. I would have drug her along with me to visit the industries of the finest Italian shotguns then, like Beretta, and others, if I was into them then smile

In New York, we enjoyed amazing cultural arts, from jaw-dropping buildings that were works of art in their architecture, with marble pillars, sculpted horses and humans in perfect anatomical dimensions. Art museums , where I saw my first Rosa Bonheur painting, The Horse Fair, that blew my mind of how a woman could not only hold her own as a painter of such masculine action , among a world of men of that renaissance era , but excel them in details that broke the ceiling of the masters in progressive anatomy exhibited. Thus began my art studies , from those masters , not from in person training.

I recall the smells of such remarkable foods in the city. My grandparents knew of obscure hole in the wall Italian restaurants where the cuisine melted in your mouth. I really enjoyed my visit there.

Grandma and Grandpa, who was a leading scientist working for NASA, always told me to become well-balanced in education, to move well among heads of state , enjoy orchestra, to the love of the country and woodland.

When I think of NYC, I sincerely hope the city gets back to the amazing place it was, without fear, NYC's finest in blue, overseeing a safe and thriving place that people the world over loved to see. They always let me pet their horses when we came across the mounted units in the streets.

I do not remember the name of those few small places we would enjoy Italian meals in, but I do recall the sweet aromas and kindness shown to us , from those owners who took such pride in their hard work.

When I think of your hometown, all those fond memories and hopes for the future return.

Such wonderful memories, expressed with incredible eloquence. We really don't deserve you, Me. Sharon!

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7406313
11/16/21 07:58 AM
11/16/21 07:58 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by SnareLine
Here's another beautiful one:

Not as beautiful, but still cool

I never like when they break their tails. Good looking cart horse though. I really need some fence.

Re: This is especially for Ms. Sharon... [Re: SnareLine] #7406687
11/16/21 03:55 PM
11/16/21 03:55 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
PF, That horse does not have a broken tail. They are Arabians and I can attest they all have a high spirited tail carriage. They often carry it that way when excited and especially in the show ring when they are performing.

Arabians are in a league of their own , being the only horse breed to have one less vertebrae , a shorter axle base which makes a straight back with a high tail carriage. Extra large lung capacity, round hooves similar to the relative size and shape of camels to evenly traverse in sand, and thin skin with blood vessels just under the surface for maximum heat displacement .

Superbly designed from thousands of years of careful breeding from desert nomads and Sheiks to the refined looks today.

They are the high-powered muscle sports cars of the horse world. Anything BUT a cart horse .....

I know what you mean, howevah, in the tail altering, some show breeds have done that in times past but I'm not sure that the practice has been dropped long ago, along with other things to enhance more action artificially.

Arabs come in several different types according to origin of the region , but almost all of them have this natural high set tail carriage.

Just high spirited joy of life , PF

grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread