No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400199
11/08/21 09:50 PM
11/08/21 09:50 PM
utah
G
george Offline
trapper
george  Offline
trapper
G

utah
Do I pull my cat sets or leave them?

Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: danny clifton] #7400231
11/08/21 10:33 PM
11/08/21 10:33 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I learn something from reviewing threads such as this one. Earlier in my years I always thought that agnostic was a person who believed there was a God but felt that God was not that ALL powerful and that agnostics talked the talk but did not walk the walk, whereas Atheists simply did not believe in God or that God exists. A phrase I have come to repeat some times is "As the agonistic says to the Atheist, I admire your faith".

Bryce

Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: danny clifton] #7400385
11/09/21 07:42 AM
11/09/21 07:42 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by danny clifton
well that clinch's it then. definitely magic

I don't understand your point unless it's a dart toss at the wall?

The minorities of atheists says that things just are, and Brit Richard Dawkins has written quite impressive work on why people should just understand some things "just are."
OK.

But, the vast majority of the earth's population believes in a Creator, based on the complexity, precision, and order of it all.

Just different worldviews is all.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: bblwi] #7400391
11/09/21 07:50 AM
11/09/21 07:50 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by bblwi
I learn something from reviewing threads such as this one. Earlier in my years I always thought that agnostic was a person who believed there was a God but felt that God was not that ALL powerful and that agnostics talked the talk but did not walk the walk, whereas Atheists simply did not believe in God or that God exists. A phrase I have come to repeat some times is "As the agonistic says to the Atheist, I admire your faith".

Bryce

Most would call them fence sitters. Lukewarm on what they may know but can't perfectly prove.
Our own Tman James is an example (I think).

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400465
11/09/21 09:20 AM
11/09/21 09:20 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Why are we here?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400473
11/09/21 09:27 AM
11/09/21 09:27 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

You're a deep thinker James. grin
Prolly always have been?
It's perhaps a gift.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400476
11/09/21 09:31 AM
11/09/21 09:31 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Mark June
The precision needed to create an expanse 15 billion light years across all the way down to a immensely small particle known as a quark, is calculated as being infinite.
The Big Bang theory has been challenged and discredited by noted scientists, as science discovers the precision and complexity necessary to produce what I wrote in the 1st sentence.

I'd like to see the calculation you reference in that first sentence.

Sorry, the Big Bang theory is still sound and well. In science, a theory gains validity as other theories try to strike it down and replace it. The Big Bang is defeating challengers handily so far.

And by gosh, the BB comports with Genesis, if you drop the absurd insistence that a day for God was 24 hours like today's day, when it seems clear to this reader and writer that Genesis is intended to be read figuratively.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400482
11/09/21 09:36 AM
11/09/21 09:36 AM

C
CaptGus OP
Unregistered
CaptGus OP
Unregistered
C

It’s all a dream

Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400492
11/09/21 09:42 AM
11/09/21 09:42 AM

C
CaptGus OP
Unregistered
CaptGus OP
Unregistered
C

I have a lot of questions, can’t help it.
Who created evil? Why this testing time?
What did I do to get sent here in the first place?
Why so much pain and suffering when it can end with a word of His voice?
Why?
There are no answers, I’ve searched. Perhaps we are like Job, just a pawn on a board.

Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400501
11/09/21 09:55 AM
11/09/21 09:55 AM
s.dak.
D
ddykstra Offline
trapper
ddykstra  Offline
trapper
D

s.dak.
What is gods plan for us?

Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400557
11/09/21 11:41 AM
11/09/21 11:41 AM
Nebraska
silkyplainscoyot Offline
trapper
silkyplainscoyot  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by CaptGus
I have a lot of questions, can’t help it.
Who created evil? Why this testing time?
What did I do to get sent here in the first place?
Why so much pain and suffering when it can end with a word of His voice?
Why?
There are no answers, I’ve searched. Perhaps we are like Job, just a pawn on a board.

Good questions CG. The Bible provides answers to everyone of those.

James, you are correct. The creative days weren't a literal 24 hour period. The Bible says a thousands years are like a day to God.

Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: James] #7400566
11/09/21 12:11 PM
11/09/21 12:11 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by James
The precision needed to create an expanse 15 billion light years across all the way down to a immensely small particle known as a quark, is calculated as being infinite.
The Big Bang theory has been challenged and discredited by noted scientists, as science discovers the precision and complexity necessary to produce what I wrote in the 1st sentence.

Sorry, the Big Bang theory is still sound and well. In science, a theory gains validity as other theories try to strike it down and replace it. The Big Bang is defeating challengers handily so far.

And by gosh, the BB comports with Genesis, if you drop the absurd insistence that a day for God was 24 hours like today's day, when it seems clear to this reader and writer that Genesis is intended to be read figuratively.

Jim

I sense you might enjoy these Discovery clips James.

Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400569
11/09/21 12:15 PM
11/09/21 12:15 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by bblwi

Bryce

Most would call them fence sitters. Lukewarm on what they may know but can't perfectly prove.
Our own Tman James is an example (I think).

Blessings,
Mark

I agree. Calling an agnostic a "fence sitter" is a good way to put it. I wouldn't lump them in with the atheists. Atheists aren't neutral like agnostics. They come right out and state, there is no such thing as God. There is nothing beyond this earthly life. Agnostics say, maybe there is such a thing as a supreme being, then again maybe not.

I think the sticking point for some people is they're thinking on the level of the perishable commodity that we are. No human will ever be capable of comprehending or even imagining the greatness of God. Try to imagine, with all the people in the world, He can count all the hairs on your head! He knows when an insignificant sparrow falls dead! For humans that prefer to think logically, that's impossible. He must laugh when someone says, "No god with save us. We will save ourselves", from the Humanist Manifesto. We are like a grain of sand in comparison to God. Yet, He considers us far more important than that.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400605
11/09/21 01:14 PM
11/09/21 01:14 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
I don't believe I can save myself. That's a ridiculous idea. Why would God laugh?

formerly posting as white dog
Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: FairbanksLS] #7400707
11/09/21 04:03 PM
11/09/21 04:03 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by white dog
I don't believe I can save myself. That's a ridiculous idea. Why would God laugh?

You answered your own question. God would laugh because it's so beyond ridiculous.
On the other hand, God wouldn't find anything funny when man rejects Him. He would be disappointed.

For me, it's laughable to think that with that statement man thinks he's greater than God having no need for Him.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400717
11/09/21 04:28 PM
11/09/21 04:28 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
It is your scenario, not mine or anyone I know. You might laugh. Do you speak for God and what he would do? Admittedly I lack your first hand experience speaking with God.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: James] #7400832
11/09/21 07:27 PM
11/09/21 07:27 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by James

Jim

You've not kept up with the times James. An intelligent design has gained much momentum in the last two decades as the previous theories are not holding up. These are not theologians en masse but rather notable physicists and others who simply can't see the complexity of all that science is now discovering being the work of a random act.

I am one of many believers who say that the ex nihilo (out of nothing came something) was the work of a Creator, because the infinite odds are just that = impossible.

I enjoy Stephen Meyer quite a bit and you may also.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400880
11/09/21 08:34 PM
11/09/21 08:34 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
out of nothing came something sure sounds like magic to me

just because we dont know is not evidence of a magic being creating itself from nothing

IF nothing can ever or has ever existed

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400882
11/09/21 08:37 PM
11/09/21 08:37 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Who shot JR?

Re: What is the most basic question of life? [Re: ] #7400996
11/09/21 10:51 PM
11/09/21 10:51 PM
MT
S
Slick Pan Offline
trapper
Slick Pan  Offline
trapper
S

MT
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread