No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397058
11/04/21 09:57 PM
11/04/21 09:57 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
I see 2 major issues here:
1) Who is currently separating these hard working humble immigrants who we probably need from the drug trafficker's, child abusers, or other carreer criminals at the border? Hint, the answer is nobody.

2) If we pay an able bodied man to sit on his (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) all day, why would he go out and compete for a job? Hint, the answer is he won't

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397112
11/04/21 11:22 PM
11/04/21 11:22 PM
South Dakota
M
M.S. Pickins Offline
trapper
M.S. Pickins  Offline
trapper
M

South Dakota
Their probably making about $12 an hour no benefits. We can get anybody to do almost anything for the proper amount of money, including U.S. citizens. The reason these farmers (which I would assume there are very few family farms, more like corporate) cant pay the wage is because globalism pushed them out of the market. We do not have any form of real capitalism, that's just a lie they condition little kids with. The illusion that people don't like to work here is because almost everyone has the wage calculated down so they can extract every single tiny spot of value out of you and people are starting to get bitter. You don't "work your way up" anymore. If you stay loyal to your employer now, you will make 50% less than the guy that changes employers every 2 years. Keep businesses local, employ local, limit trade, and improve your community instead of sending your money to Mexico to help Jaun stimulate their economy (plus no taxes, a complete drain on our system).

Last edited by M.S. Pickins; 11/04/21 11:24 PM.
Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397120
11/04/21 11:45 PM
11/04/21 11:45 PM
Colorado
B
bacatrapper Offline
trapper
bacatrapper  Offline
trapper
B

Colorado
June will be along soon to say God says we have to accept em.

thread killa
Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: Boco] #7397122
11/04/21 11:49 PM
11/04/21 11:49 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
Originally Posted by Boco
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Is it really that hard to get legal migrants? Farmer here in town needed help and couldn't find any so here imported 3 legal Mexicans. They worked from May until September and then went back home. They definitely did things no white person around here would do. They had a hard time finding people to work at the farm stand ringing up vegetables because "it's too hot" with a fan running on them as they sat on their butt. Meanwhile, the Mexicans were picking veggies in 100 degree heat and humidity without even any shade and carrying 40+ lb totes of veggies half a mile on their shoulders.

Thats a picnick,try working on the steel gang between the rails all summer at 130 + degrees spiking track.
Or spreading ties off a rackflat with a pickeroon,slipping and sliding on the creosote while the worktrain is rocking all day on the tie gang.
or running beside a ballast train all day for 7 or 8 miles opening the doors with a jimmy bar in one hand and pounding them with a track hammer in the other when they jam with rock.

And thats just summer.
40 below changing broken rail at night in the middle of nowhere using fusees for light in a blizzard is what really separates the men from the boys.

... that’s what chinamen are for

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397123
11/04/21 11:51 PM
11/04/21 11:51 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline OP
trapper
waggler  Offline OP
trapper
W

^^^^^
I say we accept them because I don't want to pay $20 for a bunch of celery.
BTW, this is a "family farms" which I would much rather see remain viable than to import all our produce from central and south America.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397126
11/04/21 11:56 PM
11/04/21 11:56 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
... I don’t understand why any self respecting man would eat celery

Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: Savell] #7397127
11/05/21 12:00 AM
11/05/21 12:00 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Savell
... I don’t understand why any self respecting man would eat celery

X2

Report a post club - Non member

Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397128
11/05/21 12:01 AM
11/05/21 12:01 AM
W
waggler Offline OP
trapper
waggler  Offline OP
trapper
W

^^^^^^
You're probably thinking about that pale greenish-yellow limp stuff that they grow in Texas and California.
This celery is thick, dark green and especially good with peanut butter. I guarantee you've never experience real celery.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397130
11/05/21 12:04 AM
11/05/21 12:04 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Tough issue. We do need a guest worker program, but I'm in favor of enforcing the law. So long as current law forbids employing them, it's wrong and employers should be fined, jailed, whipped, beaten. (Figuratively, of course.)

If Americans have to start paying $20 for a bunch of celery, in order to pay other Americans decent living wages, so be it. Consumers may get tired enough of high prices to lever their representatives in Congress to fix our immigration law.

But that would be the free-market approach, so it will never happen.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397132
11/05/21 12:09 AM
11/05/21 12:09 AM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
Originally Posted by waggler
^^^^^^
You're probably thinking about that pale greenish-yellow limp stuff that they grow in Texas and California.
This celery is thick, dark green and especially good with peanut butter. I guarantee you've never experience real celery.

... enjoy your firm, dark thick stalks and what not ... I’m out ...gettin too weird for me in here

... y’all go on with your deep thinkin and green tea drinkin lol

Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: Blaine County] #7397133
11/05/21 12:14 AM
11/05/21 12:14 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Blaine County
You could stop paying lazy deadbeat and fake disabled deadbeat Americans and fix the immigration system so that we have necessary labor. Simultaneously. It would be a great step in the right direction

Let's think this one out. Lazy deadbeats don't want to work, and most don't know how to work, right?

Ever supervise a lazy deadbeat and try to make him work? Seriously--have you? Who's going to do that, if we make the deadbeats get jobs? How many supervisors per deadbeat would be required? Who's going to pay all the supervisors?

If they don't take jobs (not the same as actually working), do we deny them food and shelter? If so, what do we do about the huge new classes of scavengers and predators we've created?

These people aren't all going to be able to swim, just because you decide it's time to take away their life preservers.

Bad as it is, we're stuck with our welfare system.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397137
11/05/21 12:17 AM
11/05/21 12:17 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
The US has used immigrant and migrant labor over 160 years and that was before, welfare, assistance, SSN etc. so having legal and or illegal immigrants working in the US in large numbers is not a new thing, it has been pretty standard for several generations. Creating policies that provide income with little or no work is a bigger society ill or issue then it is taking the place of those who do that work now. The real issue with 10 million unfilled jobs is the lost GDP when all those wages, benefits etc. are not collected, utilized and put back into the economy. Not many that are not working now and will go to work will be saving a lot of money, they will be putting it into the economy. The major difference is that it will come from the private sector and not the public sector.

Bryce

Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: James] #7397141
11/05/21 12:30 AM
11/05/21 12:30 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by James
You could stop paying lazy deadbeat and fake disabled deadbeat Americans and fix the immigration system so that we have necessary labor. Simultaneously. It would be a great step in the right direction

Let's think this one out. Lazy deadbeats don't want to work, and most don't know how to work, right?

Ever supervise a lazy deadbeat and try to make him work? Seriously--have you? Who's going to do that, if we make the deadbeats get jobs? How many supervisors per deadbeat would be required? Who's going to pay all the supervisors?

If they don't take jobs (not the same as actually working), do we deny them food and shelter? If so, what do we do about the huge new classes of scavengers and predators we've created?

These people aren't all going to be able to swim, just because you decide it's time to take away their life preservers.

Bad as it is, we're stuck with our welfare system.

Jim

1 person should easily be able to supervise 20 lazy dead beats, firing the ones that won't work. And yes, I have done plenty of dead beat supervising. And if they won't take jobs, YES deny them food and housing. Let the scavengers scavenge, shoot or arrest the predators. AND once you arrest them, they can work on the chain gangs like we still have here down south to earn their keep.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397142
11/05/21 12:32 AM
11/05/21 12:32 AM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
I thought there were legal means for these people to get into the US? What's wrong with making them do it legally?

Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397145
11/05/21 12:54 AM
11/05/21 12:54 AM
Ohio
C
Computer Hater Offline
trapper
Computer Hater  Offline
trapper
C

Ohio
Can someone define a "decent living wage"?

Is it enough to have 3 cars, a half million dollar home, every latest greatest new fangled computer or phone, expensive 4 wheelers or side by sides, bass boat, etc.?

Or is it enough to provide a modest home and 3 square meals a day and health insurance for your family?

Or is it somewhere in between?

The problem is a "decent living wage" means different things to different people.

Used to be if you wanted the 3 cars and the half million dollar home, you worked hard, worked overtime, maybe worked a part time 2nd job and saved and invested your money. If you weren't making enough money at your job, you looked for a better job or maybe got some education from college or a trade school which helped one to get a better paying job or encouraged your employer to give you a nice raise to keep you from leaving.

In today's world, instead of one trying to better themselves by getting an education or making ones self valuable enough to your employer that he will pay to keep you, most (like the fast food workers) just demand that they need 15 dollars an hour. Instead of protesting and demanding they should have been out looking for a better paying job unless working at McDonalds was all they were qualified or willing to do.

To better one's life it starts with a small step in the right direction and only the person that looks back at you in the mirror can take that step for you.

Randy
Member NTA, FTA
Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: Blaine County] #7397168
11/05/21 06:01 AM
11/05/21 06:01 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I totally agree that the we shouldn't pay people to sit around. Still would not fix the farmers needs.... because those type of folks are worthless on the farm.

I occasionally need help building fence, and a few other jobs, and I will hire some of our local illegals. Those boys are eager and know how to work. And my tools and equipment won't walk off. The unemployed white guys are either on drugs, drunks or just plain lazy.

If the Feds have a problem with it, they know where to find me.

No bad students. Only bad teachers.

No Jab.
Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: James] #7397170
11/05/21 06:17 AM
11/05/21 06:17 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by James

If so, what do we do about the huge new classes of scavengers and predators we've created?

Jim

Did a trapper just ask this?

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 11/05/21 06:17 AM.

-Goofy-
Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397172
11/05/21 06:21 AM
11/05/21 06:21 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I think the farmer should pay what it cost to produce the food and charge not just what it cost to produce but a decent living wage on top of it. If you can’t afford to buy food, grow your own.

-Goofy-
Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397216
11/05/21 08:12 AM
11/05/21 08:12 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
All this over celery, a luxury food with negative calories. The U.S has to become Mexico because if the desire for cheap celery. Selling our kids future for cheap produce.

Re: #%&@ immigrants taking all our jobs. [Re: waggler] #7397226
11/05/21 08:25 AM
11/05/21 08:25 AM
Albany, NY
B
bobsheedy Offline
trapper
bobsheedy  Offline
trapper
B

Albany, NY
[quote=waggler There is no way that Americans will do this kind of work anymore around here, probably nowhere in the USA.
If you posted this job for 40$ an hour you might get a couple of Americans to show up; but they would probably quit by noon./quote]

I said this all along. There's job openings here paying over 20/hr, that aren't filled.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread