No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395042
11/02/21 07:47 PM
11/02/21 07:47 PM
KY
L
learch Offline
trapper
learch  Offline
trapper
L

KY
Guilty, send the punk to Folsum prison

Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395056
11/02/21 07:55 PM
11/02/21 07:55 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
I believe the responsibility must ultimately rest with the person who is the last line of defense...The operator of the gun is where the most attention should be.

Imagine a master mechanic calling on the grease boy to hand him a quart of oil, but instead he hands him a quart of transmission fluid, resulting in engine damage...Who to blame?

I'm going with the last line of defense every time....Yeah, the grease boy screwed up, but the master mechanic
was negligent by not confirming the grease boys selection of fluids...The buck stops with the master mechanic.

Member - FTA
Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395058
11/02/21 07:57 PM
11/02/21 07:57 PM
Ouachita Mtns, Arkansas
A
Arkiefur Offline
trapper
Arkiefur  Offline
trapper
A

Ouachita Mtns, Arkansas
Baldwin all the way. When you cause a bullet to leave the barrel , you and you alone own it.

If atheists don't believe in God, why do they get upset when people pray to him?
Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395066
11/02/21 08:04 PM
11/02/21 08:04 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Open and show clear, everytime you are handed a weapon................................................... This case is involuntary manslaughter in the least with Baldwin first in line.

Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: adam m] #7395067
11/02/21 08:05 PM
11/02/21 08:05 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by adam m
Alec is a producer writer and actor for the movie.
Every producer safety person armorer director and anyone else who brought live ammo all need to be held accountable.
Either way you paint this picture Alec is guilty. He had terrible production and safety issues many misfires etc... he should've checked the gun to see ensure it was cold. He pulled the trigger rehearsing the scene he failed basic gun safety. Don't say he doesn't know basic gun safety. He's used plenty in his movies.

Manslaughter at the very least

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395079
11/02/21 08:11 PM
11/02/21 08:11 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Even Alec's cat is scared of him. His cat "went missing" after the incident

Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: adam m] #7395081
11/02/21 08:12 PM
11/02/21 08:12 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky

^^Lol^^

Member - FTA
Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395106
11/02/21 08:27 PM
11/02/21 08:27 PM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Ultimately the fault lies with Baldwin. It will be involuntary manslaughter at most.

The thing with movie sets is that no actor ever checks the weapon they are handed. Some of those "prop guns" set ups will be ruined by being opened and checked after the armorer has "set the weapon". They rely solely on the armorer and the prop master for making sure those guns are safe to be used.

I think the armorer and the person who handed him the weapon bear a lot of the responsibility. The person who handed him the weapon has a history of weapons accidents.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: adam m] #7395111
11/02/21 08:29 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

Epstein didn't kill himself.

[Linked Image]
Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: ky_coyote_hunter] #7395112
Idaho City, Idaho
I
IdahoRoger Offline
trapper
IdahoRoger  Offline
trapper
I

Idaho City, Idaho
There is no such thing as an unloaded gun.

Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395130
11/02/21 08:40 PM
11/02/21 08:40 PM
Southeast KY
K
K91773 Offline
trapper
K91773  Offline
trapper
K

Southeast KY
Before I retired, we used to do force on force scenario based training using non-lethal training ammunition, the training guns were all modified to only accept the NLTA ammunition. In order to prevent a possible training accident the training area was independently checked by at least 3 people to insure there were no real weapons in the training area. The training area was set up to have only one way in and out and a person was posted at that point to insure no one entered or left. that we didn't know about. The trainees were instructed to empty their duty belts, vests and pockets of everything except their handcuffs and a key. When they entered the training area there were visually checked to insure they had done this they then went to the next station where they were checked with a magnetometer to insure nothing was missed. Only then were they issued their training firearm, NLTA ammuniton, inert OC an inert taser, and a training baton. Prior to leaving this station each round of NLTA ammunition was inspected by an instructor and the trainee to insure that there were only NLTA rounds in the box. After checking umpteen boxes of NLTA ammunition, we never found anything but NLTA ammo in the boxes but we continued to check and one day, we actually found some rounds that the company manufactures for shooting steel targets at extremely close range in one of the boxes so it just reinforced this step that many thought was a waste of time.

I would think that a movie set would have as strict or even stricter safety protocols in place but apparently not, it is a tragedy but totally preventable. I can't imagine why they would be mixing live ammo with the blank ammo used in the prop guns but apparently they had and were actually using those guns for live fire practice earlier. It seems that there were some serious flaws in their safety procedure's, I did see one article that stated that actors were prohibited from checking the prop guns when they were given them for safety reasons, I found that kind of ironic that you couldn't preform a safety check on the firearm you had just been handed, "for safety reasons"

Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395132
11/02/21 08:42 PM
11/02/21 08:42 PM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
I wonder if he will make fun of himself on Saturday Night live?

Let me sugar coat this
Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395136
11/02/21 08:43 PM
11/02/21 08:43 PM
Southern Indiana
H
Hoosier71 Offline
trapper
Hoosier71  Offline
trapper
H

Southern Indiana
I don't care if it was checked by 10 armorers right in front of me. I am checking the gun before I point it at anybody or pull the trigger. I say he is ultimately at fault.

Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: K91773] #7395148
11/02/21 08:50 PM
11/02/21 08:50 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by K91773
Before I retired, we used to do force on force scenario based training using non-lethal training ammunition, the training guns were all modified to only accept the NLTA ammunition. In order to prevent a possible training accident the training area was independently checked by at least 3 people to insure there were no real weapons in the training area. The training area was set up to have only one way in and out and a person was posted at that point to insure no one entered or left. that we didn't know about. The trainees were instructed to empty their duty belts, vests and pockets of everything except their handcuffs and a key. When they entered the training area there were visually checked to insure they had done this they then went to the next station where they were checked with a magnetometer to insure nothing was missed. Only then were they issued their training firearm, NLTA ammuniton, inert OC an inert taser, and a training baton. Prior to leaving this station each round of NLTA ammunition was inspected by an instructor and the trainee to insure that there were only NLTA rounds in the box. After checking umpteen boxes of NLTA ammunition, we never found anything but NLTA ammo in the boxes but we continued to check and one day, we actually found some rounds that the company manufactures for shooting steel targets at extremely close range in one of the boxes so it just reinforced this step that many thought was a waste of time.

I would think that a movie set would have as strict or even stricter safety protocols in place but apparently not, it is a tragedy but totally preventable. I can't imagine why they would be mixing live ammo with the blank ammo used in the prop guns but apparently they had and were actually using those guns for live fire practice earlier. It seems that there were some serious flaws in their safety procedure's, I did see one article that stated that actors were prohibited from checking the prop guns when they were given them for safety reasons, I found that kind of ironic that you couldn't preform a safety check on the firearm you had just been handed, "for safety reasons"

You would be shocked at the across the board lack of safety on set. Schedule and budget is everything. NDAs cover up almost everything except a fatality.

[Linked Image]
Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: warrior] #7395152
11/02/21 08:52 PM
11/02/21 08:52 PM
Southeast KY
K
K91773 Offline
trapper
K91773  Offline
trapper
K

Southeast KY
Wow Warrior, that is really sad particularly since so many actors are campaigning so hard to take our rights away while they make millions using a gun on a movie set.

Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395166
11/02/21 08:58 PM
11/02/21 08:58 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Alec , the Director , assistant director and the Armorer are all guilty of negligence resulting in death and very likely other crimes.

here is why

this was the 4th ND negligent discharge on set the head armorer had already quit

this entire movie was a rushed job and pushing low budget over safety

several things were very wrong

it seems they purchased off the shelf guns at a gun store , and not a reputable prop company

they then did not secure those firearms and the crew was apparently taking them out into the desert and shooting live amunition

they were possibly not using true inert ammunition for loading scenes

they were using live ammo to train people how to shoot also

there was live ammo mixed with blanks

no live ammunition should be on set period

the armorer should have checked the gun then watched Baldwin check the gun then start rolling the scene however this was a rehearsal at that point so an inert gun should have been used at that time.

so besides the fact that in absolutely every thing gun the person pulling the trigger has the final responsibility

Baldwin was the producer of the film or one of them and the one that was on set

if that isn't enough at the first ND absolutely every gun and every round on that set should have been collected up and inspected leaving zero live rounds on the set any where

they didn't do that by the 4th ND and it cost some one their life

back to who purchased the guns , who owned them?

there are reputable prop gun providers they modify real guns to only fire blanks , they appear to have chosen not to use one of these companies.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395200
11/02/21 09:18 PM
11/02/21 09:18 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
So if you let Alec use you vehicle and he killed someone with it who’s fault would it be? He pretends to be a gun expert when he speaks gun control if Trump did what he did what would Baldwin be saying today.

It’s tough to have empathy for a person that has none for others. They told him not to talk and he talked to the press for3 minutes that says a lot about his makeup. Narcissistic would be a easy guess.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395329
11/02/21 10:55 PM
11/02/21 10:55 PM
Oregon 66
bfflobo Offline
trapper
bfflobo  Offline
trapper

Oregon 66
?? The movie was supposed to be a western?? Wasn't the gun a semi auto?? Must of been a modern western in an old time setting??
IMO, baldwin is an arrogant, no it all, second rate movie star, creep. Hope he is judged by a group of 12 peers.

Last edited by bfflobo; 11/02/21 11:00 PM.

Clean traps,tight lines,straight shooting
http://i.imgur.com/3sawxE9m.jpg
Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395349
11/02/21 11:04 PM
11/02/21 11:04 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Hang him....film it for the movie.... smile

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Your views of the Alec Baldwin case [Re: Getting There] #7395362
11/02/21 11:18 PM
11/02/21 11:18 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma

Dialogue is a bit ironic.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread