I have for sale two very old #3 Sargent traps. These are the 1884 Patent version with cast jaws and pan and they have bolted down jaws like the Newhouse traps. These traps were used and show evidence of use BUT they are complete with strong springs and chains and the pans read well. These traps are 60.00 each(SOLD). [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I also have a #4 Sargent trap for sale. This is a later trap with the 1902 Patent date. This trap is made like the Victor traps with turned up base and hooked in jaws rather than bolted down jaws . It has a light steel pan. The trap is complete and has a chain and the pan reads very well. This trap is 40.00.(SOLD)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Finally I have a scarce early Oneida Community #14 double underspring beaver trap. This trap has cast jaws with 12 cast teeth. It is in very good condition with chain and the pan reads very well. Most of these traps are just stamped #4 but this is likely a bit later and is stamped #14. This trap was first [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
offered as a double underspring and then was followed by the single underspring #14 with cast jaws and teeth and that trap was popular with beaver trappers for many years. The pan was originally square but an early owner rounded the corners of the pan so it would not hang up so easily I suppose and that reduces the collector value somewhat. I am offering the trap for 250.00 which I believe is half value.

I accept check, money order or paypal. Shipping will be 14.00 in the US for one, two or all three traps.

Last edited by cohunt; 10/31/21 01:08 PM.