No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
Re: THE OFFICIAL LOW CARB FOODS AND MEALS THREAD!!!!! [Re: Patrice] #7389411
10/27/21 09:28 AM
10/27/21 09:28 AM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Since August 7th my wife has lost 21# and I have lost 46#. She has a thyroid condition so it has been difficult for her but this is really working. It works, now we need to stay with it for the rest of our lives. Not go back to what caused the weight gain.
Dropping a very stressful 3rd job has helped me immensely as well, losing the stress. I am a stress eater. I have done tis prior need to keep the weight off now.

Last edited by Bear Tracker; 10/27/21 09:56 AM.
Re: THE OFFICIAL LOW CARB FOODS AND MEALS THREAD!!!!! [Re: Patrice] #7389548
10/27/21 11:32 AM
10/27/21 11:32 AM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
I am glad this topic is back to the top. I think a number of folks who haven't seen this could really enjoy and benefit from all the good info , and excellent recipes contained.

Lately, some have posted topics on low-carb eating, insulin, etc., and this very thread is what I think of as reference, every time the subject comes up.

I'm getting in the mood for making more of that cauliflower salad . Fixed just like potato salad, only without potatoes, it really tastes the same. Since both cauli and taters are bland and take on the seasonings they're blended with. Even the texture is very much the same with both being in mashed form.

Hey Chickie....do you have an air fryer ? I'm thinking on getting one ! I bet you would do amazing things with one of those !

Re: THE OFFICIAL LOW CARB FOODS AND MEALS THREAD!!!!! [Re: Patrice] #7389570
10/27/21 11:53 AM
10/27/21 11:53 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
The low carb high protein diet is great for losing weight. There is a problem with it for me, though: Constipation. I've tried Metamucil and other fiber supplements. The only thing that worked was Mira-Lax. But, you aren't supposed to take it every day. I started eating an apple or cantaloupe every day which helped, but wasn't a perfect solution. Coors Light helped too. But, I don't care to drink beer every day either.

For me, it's been an off and on diet. I originally lost 10 pounds and managed to keep it off.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: THE OFFICIAL LOW CARB FOODS AND MEALS THREAD!!!!! [Re: Patrice] #7389711
10/27/21 02:55 PM
10/27/21 02:55 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Salads are good fiber, and you can combine it with meat to make a good meal. A salad dressing Mediterranean style with olive oil is good.

Coconut oil tastes very good melted in water . Just heat some water in a cup or glass a bit to melt the cocnut oil , then have it warm, or top it off with cool water. Actually warmed water has a nice effect with the oil in it, like watered down coffee.

If you like coffee, coconut oil in that makes a great drink too.

Drink lots of water, which folks need to do anyway.

Avocados with melted butter and seasonings in them are very good fiber too.

Re: THE OFFICIAL LOW CARB FOODS AND MEALS THREAD!!!!! [Re: Sharon] #7389739
10/27/21 03:27 PM
10/27/21 03:27 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Sharon
Salads are good fiber, and you can combine it with meat to make a good meal. A salad dressing Mediterranean style with olive oil is good.

Coconut oil tastes very good melted in water . Just heat some water in a cup or glass a bit to melt the cocnut oil , then have it warm, or top it off with cool water. Actually warmed water has a nice effect with the oil in it, like watered down coffee.

If you like coffee, coconut oil in that makes a great drink too.

Drink lots of water, which folks need to do anyway.

Avocados with melted butter and seasonings in them are very good fiber too.

Every morning I have 1/2 a slice of toasted oatmeal bread to take with my pills. My two shih tzus share the other half. I also have a cup of hibiscus tea usually.

For lunch today I had a crusted chicken breast sandwich without the bread and a lettuce salad with Ranch dressing.
I've heard of coconut milk, but not coconut oil. Do you buy that in any grocery store? Maybe I could add it to my tea.

I love coffee, but can't drink it because I have Afib. That's what my pills are for.

I drink a lot of water, two 16 ounce glasses with my lunch and two or 3 more later afternoon.
I don't much like avocados. I love squash. Is that any good?

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: THE OFFICIAL LOW CARB FOODS AND MEALS THREAD!!!!! [Re: Patrice] #7389741
10/27/21 03:28 PM
10/27/21 03:28 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Online content
trapper
The Beav  Online Content
trapper
T

Wisconsin
I'm glad I can eat what ever I want and when I want It and I'm no worse for wear.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: THE OFFICIAL LOW CARB FOODS AND MEALS THREAD!!!!! [Re: Patrice] #7389750
10/27/21 03:40 PM
10/27/21 03:40 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
T7, yes the store has it...in the sections with other veggie oils. Stores that have natural food sections especially have it. Like olive oil, I think there are coconut oils that are more bland, and others that smell and taste so good like fresh coconut. It is a crisp clean solid oil, not runny at all. Like bear fat . White and solid.

You can add that to lots of foods . The oil helps with the body's smooth operation.

Squash is great fiber, and with butter mixed in, if you want, makes it a nice option too.

Like all the info mentions, as soon as you get on an even keel with your goals, carbs and yes even some spurge foods not so good can be enjoyed. Just not make it a habit too much. I call it taking the ramp back onto the interstate to keep the balance in low carbs, in general.

Hey Beav......aren't you the cat's meow ! This is for you....
[Linked Image]

grin grin wink

Re: THE OFFICIAL LOW CARB FOODS AND MEALS THREAD!!!!! [Re: Patrice] #7389994
10/27/21 07:21 PM
10/27/21 07:21 PM
montgomery co.,ks
kseric Offline
trapper
kseric  Offline
trapper

montgomery co.,ks
Peanut butter cup: 1- no sugar added fudgesicle , 2 tbs all natural peanut butter , 2 tbs sugar free Cool Whip. Microwave fudgesicle for about 4-5 seconds so it will slide off the stick into a bowl. Add peanut butter and Cool whip. Really helped me when I had cravings for a sweet.

keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back

YOU DO YOUR THING, I'LL DO MINE
Re: THE OFFICIAL LOW CARB FOODS AND MEALS THREAD!!!!! [Re: Patrice] #7391268
10/29/21 08:34 AM
10/29/21 08:34 AM
Henry Co, IL
3togo Online content
trapper
3togo  Online Content
trapper

Henry Co, IL
Because the US food pyramid is upside down, folks might want to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ePOa7JPKBE

I proved it to myself with my last annual physical and bloodwork in August. Everything improved just as all of the low carb Dr's suggest. As Dr Nadir Ali says, "eating fat won't make you fat". I might add, eating too many carbs probably will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXtdp4BNyOg

Hope this helps. Stick with olive oil, not seed oils.

Re: THE OFFICIAL LOW CARB FOODS AND MEALS THREAD!!!!! [Re: Patrice] #7391469
10/29/21 12:26 PM
10/29/21 12:26 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
3togo, that's awesome. You and a host of other folks too.

You won't hear this from mainstream AMA sources , though some of them privately agree in whole heart. Anything that people can do to help themselves without spending tons of money is generally frowned upon .

Food is the cornerstone of health, even changing how the body heals, and operates , along with building powerful immune systems.

People have been consuming healthy fats forever.

If I recall right, I think Patrice has some things to take care of, to hopefully be back here and enjoy your success too.

Re: THE OFFICIAL LOW CARB FOODS AND MEALS THREAD!!!!! [Re: Patrice] #7391741
10/29/21 07:23 PM
10/29/21 07:23 PM
Henry Co, IL
3togo Online content
trapper
3togo  Online Content
trapper

Henry Co, IL
Thanks Sharon. Dr Steven Gundry also has a Youtube channel where he posts a new video every week. He is a retired heart surgeon and has been doing functional medicine for the last 20 years since no longer replacing hearts.
The Cleveland Clinic also has an entire section (department) related related to functional medicine. Dr Mark Hyman.

There is tons on info out there, most has been uncovered in the last 15 years. It all disproves the food pyramid and the poor job US food producers have done supplying healthy food for US citizens. Processed food not good.

Re: THE OFFICIAL LOW CARB FOODS AND MEALS THREAD!!!!! [Re: Patrice] #7392164
10/30/21 10:20 AM
10/30/21 10:20 AM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Have any of you looked at the BMI for what it says you should weigh according to the experts. I should weigh 11 pounds less then when I graduated high school. I wrestled and was lean then. LOL

Re: THE OFFICIAL LOW CARB FOODS AND MEALS THREAD!!!!! [Re: Patrice] #7392516
10/30/21 08:27 PM
10/30/21 08:27 PM
WV
R
redsnow Offline
trapper
redsnow  Offline
trapper
R

WV
Patrice, I've looked at your meals on the first page of this thread, you're fancy. Beautiful meals.

From what I see, I guess you're into the keto thing. I'm more of a meat and tater type of guy. But your meals look delicious, and I'm sure they are.

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread