No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: License at dicks [Re: wvmntnhick] #7336575
08/22/21 10:46 AM
08/22/21 10:46 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by wvmntnhick
I’ve been teaching middle school students for a while now. I’ve read a pile of incomprehensible papers over the past 17 years. This…takes the cake. I can generally decipher what he’s saying if I take the time to try. And, I did try but it made no sense to me at all this time around.

Ok, I'll try, lol.

He only hunts deer with a muzzleloader, so he went to the city to buy a muzzleloader tag. Along with his hunting, trapping and habitat stamps, it came to $55 so he had some money left, so he went to Dick's because he'd found some good deals there over the past 5 years, including his muzzleloader. So, when he went to Dick's to get his license, he found the Dick's employees to be inept. When they went to print out his license, the printer spit out 200 other licenses and he freaked out, thinking they were going to charge him for all of that. But, apparently the printer had not been working, and those 200 other licenses were licenses that others had paid for and not received.

So after he got his license he went out to the car and noticed it had no expiration date on it like it should, so he went back inside and talked to several people who had no idea what he was talking about (imagine that), until he found one that did, who then voided his first license and printed a second that did have a date. So then, he got to thinking about the poor soul that printed licenses for 200 people when the printer was jammed (I guess none of those 200 noticed they didn't get a license? lol) and said if he did something that stupid he would have just quit.

The last part of if is about how he likes shopping in the big city because there are more stores that sometimes have good deals, and he can sometimes get damaged items for free.... like cat litter and water bed conditioner.

There.... hope that helps lol.

Last edited by yotetrapper30; 08/22/21 10:47 AM.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: License at dicks [Re: coonman220] #7336621
08/22/21 11:58 AM
08/22/21 11:58 AM
Warren co Mo
H
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper
hrdtoflw  Offline
trapper
H

Warren co Mo
Wow Yotetrapper, I’d of never got all that from the post. All I got was late for a muzzle!

If your mind draws a blank, turn off the sound, because ya can't learn a thing if you're doin all the talkin
Re: License at dicks [Re: coonman220] #7336636
08/22/21 12:08 PM
08/22/21 12:08 PM
Wyoming County Pa.
Hornady Reloader Offline
trapper
Hornady Reloader  Offline
trapper

Wyoming County Pa.
Atl least it not about a mower

Re: License at dicks [Re: yotetrapper30] #7336659
08/22/21 12:55 PM
08/22/21 12:55 PM
west virginia
W
wvmntnhick Offline
trapper
wvmntnhick  Offline
trapper
W

west virginia
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I’ve been teaching middle school students for a while now. I’ve read a pile of incomprehensible papers over the past 17 years. This…takes the cake. I can generally decipher what he’s saying if I take the time to try. And, I did try but it made no sense to me at all this time around.

Ok, I'll try, lol.

He only hunts deer with a muzzleloader, so he went to the city to buy a muzzleloader tag. Along with his hunting, trapping and habitat stamps, it came to $55 so he had some money left, so he went to Dick's because he'd found some good deals there over the past 5 years, including his muzzleloader. So, when he went to Dick's to get his license, he found the Dick's employees to be inept. When they went to print out his license, the printer spit out 200 other licenses and he freaked out, thinking they were going to charge him for all of that. But, apparently the printer had not been working, and those 200 other licenses were licenses that others had paid for and not received.

So after he got his license he went out to the car and noticed it had no expiration date on it like it should, so he went back inside and talked to several people who had no idea what he was talking about (imagine that), until he found one that did, who then voided his first license and printed a second that did have a date. So then, he got to thinking about the poor soul that printed licenses for 200 people when the printer was jammed (I guess none of those 200 noticed they didn't get a license? lol) and said if he did something that stupid he would have just quit.

The last part of if is about how he likes shopping in the big city because there are more stores that sometimes have good deals, and he can sometimes get damaged items for free.... like cat litter and water bed conditioner.

Well done sir. That makes way more sense. Maybe this year, when the kids turn in papers I can’t read, I’ll forward them to you. Thanks man.

I keep desperately hoping that one day someone will call me "Sir" without adding "please calm down" or "you're causing a scene."
Re: License at dicks [Re: coonman220] #7336662
08/22/21 01:02 PM
08/22/21 01:02 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Yotetrapper is a she for further reference.

I'm glad she spelled that out, I got parts of it but not completely.

Re: License at dicks [Re: coonman220] #7336676
08/22/21 01:13 PM
08/22/21 01:13 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
What so hard read about my post ? Are use perfect ? I went into store to look around on trip town , lot stuff texidermy big animals an stuff in store , so what about 2 ND amendment ? They sell guns in store an cross bows, really idk less about them an 2 ND amendment , if they support it or not, if not, it not go change it, whatever as make no difference to me or effect me in any way at all , if does others, why should I care less at all , I don't , so some ppl don't know what they do as encounter this stuff in bigger towns all time, some are real good , others not, this only closet big outdoor store I know of , so I get license an hundreds license come printed out machine on floor, I ask if my name on the or what , I find out some idiot works there that don't know didley, hit pause button on license machine an hundreds of ppl never got license an they decide print out machine when I there , so I get license , look over an leave , in pickup in parklot , I check over again as where printed an cut off at in printer , have had writing missing on not legible on license past an notice the date an month on tag where u notch out at after harvest is not there, so went back store an after talking number employees , one finally see immediately what I talk about an print new license, new tag, this one ok an dnr charges $4.50 for reprint , I told him I want to see him write void on tag that no good an he does an show his superviser, so dicks has pay for $4.50 reprint , so also the hundreds of license that come out machine , I sure those ppl be back an dicks is go have pay $4.50 to reprint all those licenses that came out machine an were thrown in trash when I there? I think that whoever screw up there is go loose job

Last edited by coonman220; 08/22/21 01:26 PM.
Re: License at dicks [Re: coonman220] #7336756
08/22/21 03:01 PM
08/22/21 03:01 PM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY
This could be a blessing is disguise for you Coonman!

Dicks might be hiring soon to replace that guy!

Re: License at dicks [Re: yotetrapper30] #7336769
08/22/21 03:26 PM
08/22/21 03:26 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma

Ok, I'll try, lol.

Nice job Ang!

Can you translate Biden's speeches too?

(I could see you in the box down in the corner of the TV like the person who does sign language for the deaf... "What this blithering fool is trying to tell us is that...")

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: License at dicks [Re: Mike in A-town] #7336771
08/22/21 03:28 PM
08/22/21 03:28 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Nice job Ang!

(I could see you in the box down in the corner of the TV like the person who does sign language for the deaf... "What this blithering fool is trying to tell us is that...")

Mike

Even I'm not that talented!

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: License at dicks [Re: coonman220] #7336775
08/22/21 03:34 PM
08/22/21 03:34 PM
Indiana
C
concrete man Offline
trapper
concrete man  Offline
trapper
C

Indiana
There is a differents in a guy not being real good at writing words down. And a guy not knowing what what he is saying .

Re: License at dicks [Re: yotetrapper30] #7336779
08/22/21 03:49 PM
08/22/21 03:49 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Nice job Ang!

Mike

Even I'm not that talented!

laugh

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread