No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
NC fishing #7299669
07/05/21 09:33 AM
07/05/21 09:33 AM
N E,Ohio
O
ohiosnareman Offline OP
trapper
ohiosnareman  Offline OP
trapper
O

N E,Ohio
I am down in Goldsboro for a couple of weeks and am asking for some tips on where to find some bridge or jetty fishing on the coast a reasonable drive from here . I have fished most of the NC piers over the years , but never tried shore fishing . So where would be my best bet to catch a few . Thank you for any help .

Last edited by ohiosnareman; 07/05/21 09:34 AM.

old and tested
Re: NC fishing [Re: ohiosnareman] #7299810
07/05/21 01:27 PM
07/05/21 01:27 PM
N E,Ohio
O
ohiosnareman Offline OP
trapper
ohiosnareman  Offline OP
trapper
O

N E,Ohio
TTT

old and tested
Re: NC fishing [Re: ohiosnareman] #7300167
07/05/21 10:27 PM
07/05/21 10:27 PM
Virginia
52Carl Online content
trapper
52Carl  Online Content
trapper

Virginia
Stand on the sand and cast toward the water. Its all ocean. If the action is slow, keep moving left or right. Without any structure like piers, bridges or inlets, it doesn't get any more complicated than that.
Pay attention to where the locals are fishing. They are easy to spot. They won't look like you. Don't ask any questions that you don't want lied about.
They'll probably tell you, "Y'all shoulda been here last week, man we were nailin' em."
Good luck.

Re: NC fishing [Re: ohiosnareman] #7300203
07/05/21 11:19 PM
07/05/21 11:19 PM
Eastern N.C.
B
Bob LaRue Offline
trapper
Bob LaRue  Offline
trapper
B

Eastern N.C.
Do to erosion some of our beaches don't have much beach left at high tide. My favorite tactic when surf fishing is to combine low tide with dawn. Not many people on the beach till later in the day either. Also check out the wind forecast. If you wanted to fish in say the Neuse basin with todays wind blowing from south to north you would be better off trying something on the north side do to bait fish being blown closer to that shore. This wind direction might make the beaches at Emerald ilse hot too. 2 years ago I fished the state pier, Newport river pier at Beaufort. Open 24hrs $5 honor system drop box. User friendly male & female restrooms. Of course I haven't been there for 2yrs.
Hope this helps!

Re: NC fishing [Re: Bob LaRue] #7300359
07/06/21 08:37 AM
07/06/21 08:37 AM
N E,Ohio
O
ohiosnareman Offline OP
trapper
ohiosnareman  Offline OP
trapper
O

N E,Ohio
Thank You both for the reply's . I hope to get down to the water before the tail of the storm hits .

old and tested
Re: NC fishing [Re: 52Carl] #7300361
07/06/21 08:45 AM
07/06/21 08:45 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by 52Carl
Stand on the sand and cast toward the water. Its all ocean. If the action is slow, keep moving left or right. Without any structure like piers, bridges or inlets, it doesn't get any more complicated than that.
Pay attention to where the locals are fishing. They are easy to spot. They won't look like you. Don't ask any questions that you don't want lied about.
They'll probably tell you, "Y'all shoulda been here last week, man we were nailin' em."
Good luck.

Good advice.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: NC fishing [Re: run] #7300452
07/06/21 10:47 AM
07/06/21 10:47 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by run
Originally Posted by 52Carl
Good luck.

Good advice.

I did basically that in SC stand in water to bottom edges of my shorts , cast out and reel in slow it was something to do while letting the kids swim , I picked up some fish , tossed them all back.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: NC fishing [Re: ohiosnareman] #7300618
07/06/21 03:29 PM
07/06/21 03:29 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted by ohiosnareman
I am down in Goldsboro for a couple of weeks and am asking for some tips on where to find some bridge or jetty fishing on the coast a reasonable drive from here . I have fished most of the NC piers over the years , but never tried shore fishing . So where would be my best bet to catch a few . Thank you for any help .

That's Boss Paul's turf, ask him!

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread