No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Anyone traveled to Quepos Costa Rica? #7197790
02/27/21 09:44 AM
02/27/21 09:44 AM
Goldsboro, NC
John C Offline OP
trapper
John C  Offline OP
trapper

Goldsboro, NC
Since the last 4 cruises I’ve booked have been cancelled I’ve booked a 6 day trip to Quepos Costa Rica for the week of Easter. Has anyone on Trapperman here fished this area in Costa Rica?

Last edited by John C; 02/27/21 02:11 PM. Reason: This stupid iPad changed since to partner because Apple likes to control everything

More Cowbell
Re: Anyone traveled to Quepos Costa Rica? [Re: John C] #7197804
02/27/21 09:56 AM
02/27/21 09:56 AM
Ocooch Mountains, WI
hitreason Offline
trapper
hitreason  Offline
trapper

Ocooch Mountains, WI
I didn't fish there, but I did learn you don't skinny dip at the beach at night, the local kids will steal your clothes. Long walk of shame.....

The consumption of guaro has a direct correlation to night time swimming, The Imperial beer is so crappy, the guaro is mighty tempting.

Manuel Antonio park is highly recommended, don't feed the monkeys or racoons unless you wanna watch a full on , knock down brawl between the two. lol.

Plenty of fish around, even more self proclaimed "pro" fishermen willing to take the panga for a spin.

Not much help, but Quepos was fun!

Re: Anyone traveled to Quepos Costa Rica? [Re: John C] #7197825
02/27/21 10:21 AM
02/27/21 10:21 AM
Goldsboro, NC
John C Offline OP
trapper
John C  Offline OP
trapper

Goldsboro, NC
Ok so if I feed the monkeys and trash pandas at the same time we get entertained? Which beach did you go to? Did you do any type of rainforest tours or zip line thing?

More Cowbell
Re: Anyone traveled to Quepos Costa Rica? [Re: John C] #7197934
02/27/21 11:57 AM
02/27/21 11:57 AM
Ocooch Mountains, WI
hitreason Offline
trapper
hitreason  Offline
trapper

Ocooch Mountains, WI
Yup, guard your food and bags too, they will help themselves. The beach at Manuel Antonio was nice, we did do some zip lining in the Monteverde area, which is a very cool cloud forest habitat.

Had sushi in Montverde and survived, we were young and reckless lol.

The Arenal volcano was cool, also La Fortuna waterfall was a favorite, there is a hot springs resort in town with a nice swim up hot spring bar,
I do not recommend the water slide, it is dangerous as all get out, everyone had a sore neck and back the next day.
First thing I saw when I hit the end was a well used stretcher sitting in the weeds, keeping it safe.

Re: Anyone traveled to Quepos Costa Rica? [Re: John C] #7197954
02/27/21 12:18 PM
02/27/21 12:18 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline
trapper
swift4me  Offline
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
I took clients to Quepos over 5 years in the 90's. Haven't been there since, but it was a very cool town then. We were there for fly rod sailfish, so I never did any other stuff in the park. After fishing we could buy a bottle of rum, a few limes and some tonic and sit on the curb and drink for a while.

We had good to great fishing every year, (3-6 sails per rod per day on flies), despite the longliners, and Quepos was a great town to hang around in after fishing. A few times we flew to Quepos from San Jose, but twice we rented a van and I drove the 3.5 hours with the group. Never a single problem. We stayed in a clean hotel just south of town and ate dinner wherever we wanted. The beach was big fun with cocktails on the sand and fresh fish after swimming. Often, Locals with pickups would offer us a lift when we were walking back from the beach.

Offshore fishing in Costa Rica is very dependent on location relative to seasons. The Nicoya peninsula creates currents that change weather and fish movement. Golfito in the south is a different season as well.

Been a long time since, but Costa Rica has remained stable because of their government compared to the rest of central America.

Good luck.

Re: Anyone traveled to Quepos Costa Rica? [Re: John C] #7197967
02/27/21 12:33 PM
02/27/21 12:33 PM
Fairbanks, Alaska
Pete in Frbks Offline
trapper
Pete in Frbks  Offline
trapper

Fairbanks, Alaska
Been there, but did not fish.

Interesting countryside..... WAY different than here in AK! Love the monkeys, sloths, raccoons and tropical whitetails!

Pete

Re: Anyone traveled to Quepos Costa Rica? [Re: John C] #7198092
02/27/21 02:17 PM
02/27/21 02:17 PM
Goldsboro, NC
John C Offline OP
trapper
John C  Offline OP
trapper

Goldsboro, NC
We’ve got 2 days offshore and one day inshore, one off day for beach or rainforest exploration. One night we’ve got a private chef booked for our house so that’ll be interesting. Booked with Quepos Fish Adventure. Got the boats, house, airport transfers, Covid insurance,the chef,and the marina transfers for$4,700.00 for up to 4 people. We’re on a ski trip now that’s been so-so in WV. Can’t wait to get somewhere warm for a change.

More Cowbell
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread