No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Nebraska #7194773
02/24/21 05:51 PM
02/24/21 05:51 PM
North Mississippi, USA
T
Trapper Alex Offline OP
trapper
Trapper Alex  Offline OP
trapper
T

North Mississippi, USA
How’s Nebraska when it comes to trapping, and hunting, and gun laws? Laws and quality. Looking at the very western part of the state, close to the Wyoming border. Any information appreciated

Re: Nebraska [Re: Trapper Alex] #7194833
02/24/21 06:59 PM
02/24/21 06:59 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Not a lot of water in Western Nebraska other than the Platte River. Trapping would be mostly coyotes as it's fairly dry for the most part. Mule deer in the hills away from the water, whitetails along the waterways where there's good tree cover. Not much for birds out there but turkey and grouse. Western Nebr is okay with guns but the Lincoln/Omaha population has prevented Constitutional carry so far. Lots of Hispanics out west to do the work whites won't do.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Nebraska [Re: Trapper Alex] #7195226
02/25/21 01:51 AM
02/25/21 01:51 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Trapping laws for the most part are pretty relaxed. You do have to do a little bit of looking through the guide to find them all. Hunting is also pretty relaxed on the laws as far as I've been concerned. Not a whole lot of fun during rifle deer season otherwise there's not a whole lot of pressure where I am (Southeastern part) and I'm sure less out west. Only thing you can't have loaded in Nebraska while in a vehicle is a shotgun. Rifles/handguns as long as you tell em they are there you don't have any issues. I have my concealed carry and although not ideal to have to take a day class and pay for a permit it's been worth it in the long run.

I can count on one hand how many times I've had my permits checked here although I have always been legal. Can't say I've been checked in my vehicle by police etc. for close to 18 years. I've always found if you aren't breaking the law you find your life pretty easy around here.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: Nebraska [Re: Trapper Alex] #7195266
02/25/21 06:36 AM
02/25/21 06:36 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
I'll echo wade's statements. Be sure to bang on doors for permission, not much available out west for public land trapping. Bone up on the regs before you come out. Note the out of state trapping permits are a little higher than us residents pay (we are like $18,, non-residents are like $227) and there are some other special regs for out of state trappers. I believe reciprocity is one issue, i.e. non resident permits issued only to those who reside in states that have same for nebraska residents. Nebraska G&P has number on their fee and permit site for non-residents to call to get permits, not sure non-residents can buy them online have to call that number.
I will add the western coyotes are usually much nicer than our southestern part of state dirty reds!

Last edited by jabNE; 02/25/21 06:53 AM.

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread