No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis [Re: beaverpeeler] #6875177
05/17/20 07:17 PM
05/17/20 07:17 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline OP
trapper
yukon254  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Interesting stuff Yukon. I'm really glad you took the time to share that with your Trapperman family.

The idea of treating the root causes of disease instead of blocking symptoms is one that I believe in as well. Two years ago something was going on with me and RA was what they thought it might be. A rheumatologist discovered what I had was polymyalgia rheumatica which I have been treating with prednisone. I think I'm over it now and have stopped taking prednisone.

Im glad you are over it. I googled it and it sounds awful. Seems like prednisone and mexothrate are the first meds the doctors go to for these autoimmune illnesses. They can and do have some very nasty side effects so I am glad you got off them. Look into diet if it comes back.

My doctor was pretty angry when I refused the prednisone so she ordered X-rays of every joint in my body. I had been on the diet for over a month at that point and I knew the inflammation was gone. After she got the X-rays and couldnt find any inflammation she called me to see just what diet I was on. When I told her she was amazed because she said she was expecting to see it everywhere because at that point I had had if for a few months, and had sustained pretty severe damage in my wrist already. She agreed that I was better off to use diet instead of the drugs. One of the things she told me about the prednisone that scared me was that it can cause damage to the hip that is irreversible. She said its rare but can happen.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis [Re: yukon254] #6875208
05/17/20 07:39 PM
05/17/20 07:39 PM
Deer lodge, MT
D
Dean Chapel Offline
trapper
Dean Chapel  Offline
trapper
D

Deer lodge, MT
The diet and benefits may all be true, but theevidence listed on the paleomeci.. Site is very weak at best. You just don't use a letter to the editor reply to a study that disagrees with your position and call your own letter as "research".

Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis [Re: yukon254] #6875231
05/17/20 08:14 PM
05/17/20 08:14 PM
canada
T
tucker13 Offline
trapper
tucker13  Offline
trapper
T

canada
Originally Posted by yukon254
Interesting stuff Yukon. I'm really glad you took the time to share that with your Trapperman family.

The idea of treating the root causes of disease instead of blocking symptoms is one that I believe in as well. Two years ago something was going on with me and RA was what they thought it might be. A rheumatologist discovered what I had was polymyalgia rheumatica which I have been treating with prednisone. I think I'm over it now and have stopped taking prednisone.

Im glad you are over it. I googled it and it sounds awful. Seems like prednisone and mexothrate are the first meds the doctors go to for these autoimmune illnesses. They can and do have some very nasty side effects so I am glad you got off them. Look into diet if it comes back.

My doctor was pretty angry when I refused the prednisone so she ordered X-rays of every joint in my body. I had been on the diet for over a month at that point and I knew the inflammation was gone. After she got the X-rays and couldnt find any inflammation she called me to see just what diet I was on. When I told her she was amazed because she said she was expecting to see it everywhere because at that point I had had if for a few months, and had sustained pretty severe damage in my wrist already. She agreed that I was better off to use diet instead of the drugs. One of the things she told me about the prednisone that scared me was that it can cause damage to the hip that is irreversible. She said its rare but can happen.

It always seems there answer to take some kind of pill, my wife also had polymyalgia about 4 or 5 years ago and she said no to steroids and changed her diet and it fixed the poly along with helping other issues as well such as thyroid.
When one starts looking into what the streroids etc. can do to other organs it gets a bit scary.
I would be interested in the diet you changed to Yukon 254 if you don't mind sending it.
Take care

Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis [Re: Dean Chapel] #6875282
05/17/20 09:06 PM
05/17/20 09:06 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline OP
trapper
yukon254  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by Dean Chapel
The diet and benefits may all be true, but theevidence listed on the paleomeci.. Site is very weak at best. You just don't use a letter to the editor reply to a study that disagrees with your position and call your own letter as "research".

Ive gone through just about every case study they have done, as well as many other doctors who are seeing the same results, and its some of the most compelling I've seen. Far from "weak,". There are just to many people who have seen dramatic results to ignore it anymore. If you research it like I have you will see that they have been treating epilepsy with low carb diet since the 1930s. Even the "scientific" modern medical establishment now says there is enough evidence to say that autoimmune diseases of all kinds starts in the gut. Currently there are only 5 labs that even test gut permeability and Paleomedicina is one of them.

Tucker13 I have it in PDF file, send me your email address and I will forward it to you.

Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis [Re: yukon254] #6875939
05/18/20 03:02 PM
05/18/20 03:02 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
I am full aware of the negative side effects of prednisone. Most of them are from the higher dosages taken over extended time. I'm not unhappy that I did the prednisone regimen as it got so bad I could barely raise my arms up high enough to grasp the steering wheel of my car. Prednisone gave me relief within hours.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis [Re: yukon254] #6875978
05/18/20 03:29 PM
05/18/20 03:29 PM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
Has anyone tried sulfasalazine?

Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis [Re: yukon254] #6875990
05/18/20 03:38 PM
05/18/20 03:38 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Thanks, Yukon 254 for the cool info.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis [Re: Matt28] #6875999
05/18/20 03:52 PM
05/18/20 03:52 PM
Illinois
R
ratbrain Offline
trapper
ratbrain  Offline
trapper
R

Illinois
Originally Posted by Matt28

No Is this an anti inflammatory?

Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis [Re: ratbrain] #6876006
05/18/20 04:01 PM
05/18/20 04:01 PM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by ratbrain
Originally Posted by Matt28

No Is this an anti inflammatory?

It's what the doc gave my wife when they were trying to figure out what she had. They finally decided she had RA but she took the sulfasalazine for about a year she hasn't taken it for awhile and doesn't have no pain anymore really. The doc said it was the first step in finding treatment. That if the sulfasalazine didn't work then step it up till they found something that would.

Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis [Re: beaverpeeler] #6876051
05/18/20 04:54 PM
05/18/20 04:54 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline OP
trapper
yukon254  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Yukon
I am full aware of the negative side effects of prednisone. Most of them are from the higher dosages taken over extended time. I'm not unhappy that I did the prednisone regimen as it got so bad I could barely raise my arms up high enough to grasp the steering wheel of my car. Prednisone gave me relief within hours.

I took it once years ago for a sinus problem. I was out in the bush and a local doctor sent it out to me via a bush plane. That would never happen now! It did work no question about that.

Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis [Re: yukon254] #6876062
05/18/20 05:02 PM
05/18/20 05:02 PM
Northern Illinois
M
MChewk Offline
trapper
MChewk  Offline
trapper
M

Northern Illinois
Regarding prednisone....Cortisone....anti inflammatory drugs...like beaverpeeler I Took these drugs a few different times for poison ivy issues. I am a former athlete, weight lifter, exercise guy....I am here to tell you that ALL my aches and pains were relieved....I felt great.
I am going to implement
Yukon's info into my diet and see where it takes me.

Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis [Re: MChewk] #6876130
05/18/20 05:55 PM
05/18/20 05:55 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline OP
trapper
yukon254  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by MChewk
Regarding prednisone....Cortisone....anti inflammatory drugs...like beaverpeeler I Took these drugs a few different times for poison ivy issues. I am a former athlete, weight lifter, exercise guy....I am here to tell you that ALL my aches and pains were relieved....I felt great.
I am going to implement
Yukon's info into my diet and see where it takes me.

Sounds like you might get a lot out of listening to / watching Dr Shawn Baker on Youtube. He is an athlete as well and has broken a few world records. Anyway check him out.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread