No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
trailer..new sheeting thoughts? #6819112
03/27/20 11:30 AM
03/27/20 11:30 AM
MN
4fisher Offline OP
trapper
4fisher  Offline OP
trapper

MN
Going to have a little extra time on my hands over the next several weeks. Thought I'd take some time a put some new sheeting on my snowmobile trailer. So here's my question, and I know this probably is the old Ford vs Chevy type question, but, what is the smartest choice of material to use? Marine grade plywood, CCA (not suppose to corrode aluminum), AC2 (supposedly does corrode aluminum, just regular plywood sheeting, others?

I've done a lot reading on the web and there's justifiable arguments as to why you should consider each sheeting listed above. Just curious if any of you have recently re-decked a trailer or are in the know of what to use for sheeting and why? BTW my trailer is just a regular Sledbed type snowmobile trailer.

Thanks!

Re: trailer..new sheeting thoughts? [Re: 4fisher] #6819116
03/27/20 11:36 AM
03/27/20 11:36 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
I redid my Aluminum frame snowmobile trailer several years ago with normal Home Depot pressure treated plywood 2 1/2 sheets I painted contact points the day before with Mobil home roof coating and screwed it down. All these years later not a single issue.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: trailer..new sheeting thoughts? [Re: 4fisher] #6819716
03/27/20 09:57 PM
03/27/20 09:57 PM
MN
4fisher Offline OP
trapper
4fisher  Offline OP
trapper

MN
Thanks FG's!

Previous Thread
Index