Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
High bank castor sets? #6783860
02/26/20 02:02 PM
02/26/20 02:02 PM
Iowa
Coonriver Offline OP
trapper
Coonriver  Offline OP
trapper

Iowa
Does anyone use snares for higher bank castor sets? With the rivers and creeks rising and falling this time of year from snow run off it's kind of hard to set footholds in the water so will be using snares in runs with castor and also was wondering if anyone makes there castor mounds higher up from the water line and then use a snare? Seems most castor mounds I see people make are close to the water line. Any tips for setting like this?

Mike's Taxidermy/Coon River Outfitters over 20 years of high quality Taxidermy.Loacted in NW Iowa.Facebook-Mike's Taxidermy Iowa
Re: High bank castor sets? [Re: Coonriver] #6783901
02/26/20 02:34 PM
02/26/20 02:34 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Pretty much exclusively run thr river line that way now.

For the snares, I treat it like I do with at the waterline snares. Stay away from the transition zone where the slope meets the flat bank which is about 18 inches on either side.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91