Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
PA. Beaver #6758719
02/05/20 12:44 PM
02/05/20 12:44 PM
Pa.
F
Furback Offline OP
trapper
Furback  Offline OP
trapper
F

Pa.
So a buddy of mine tells me That He & another Fella trapping the same area seem to think the Beaver just are not moving. Do Beaver slow down this time of year(late jan. early feb.)? Now my friend is 72 been trapping a long time. The area is in Elk county PA. all open water right now. I know there's not a lot of info in this question but if someone could offer help it will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

KA-BAR USMC 1st. Mar. Div. "67-69"
Re: PA. Beaver [Re: Furback] #6758731
02/05/20 12:54 PM
02/05/20 12:54 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Did your beaver put in a feed bed.If so they will spend all their time around the house,bank den or feedbed,with an occasional trip to the dam.
If no feed bed,then they need to be cutting feed somewhere or living on cattail roots(if in a lake or swamp).

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: PA. Beaver [Re: Boco] #6758796
02/05/20 02:00 PM
02/05/20 02:00 PM
Pa.
F
Furback Offline OP
trapper
Furback  Offline OP
trapper
F

Pa.
Originally Posted by Boco
Did your beaver put in a feed bed.If so they will spend all their time around the house,bank den or feedbed,with an occasional trip to the dam.
If no feed bed,then they need to be cutting feed somewhere or living on cattail roots(if in a lake or swamp).

Boco,,Even with my limited experience I was going to suggest that but I figured He would know that. Ole John was just here and He agrees with what you said that that's what is going on. Thanks much for your reply.

KA-BAR USMC 1st. Mar. Div. "67-69"
Re: PA. Beaver [Re: Furback] #6758870
02/05/20 02:50 PM
02/05/20 02:50 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
movin way less than i thought they'd be.i've backed off castor today and went back to fresh young poplar.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91