Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Trapline safety:Bite & scratch avoidance [Re: Larry Baer] #6753931
02/01/20 05:15 PM
02/01/20 05:15 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Originally Posted by Larry Baer
I don't any chances. I had to get rabies shots and would rather not have to get them again. I use catch poles often and do not mess around with them. You should be able to get a catch pole on most animals easily and then be able to control them for safe handling. For dispatch please PM me.

I like that tub with the slots in it idea.

Rabies shots are not as bad as you think. 7 shots total. Was bitten by coyote 6 years ago then 3 years ago. 2 coyote bites in 31 years is a lot to me. Also had one bobcat grab on to my britches leg. And one bobcat that jumped on a 255/75/17 tire and , claws popped a small hole in side wall. Some may ask = How do you have one come back to life on you? Well when you catch 300 plus a year it just happens. I have to stop about 4 or 5 times a year and RE- KILL a coyote in back of a truck

Re: Trapline safety:Bite & scratch avoidance [Re: steeltraps] #6753987
02/01/20 05:50 PM
02/01/20 05:50 PM
ID
B
Bowkill36 Offline
trapper
Bowkill36  Offline
trapper
B

ID
Originally Posted by steeltraps
I don't any chances. I had to get rabies shots and would rather not have to get them again. I use catch poles often and do not mess around with them. You should be able to get a catch pole on most animals easily and then be able to control them for safe handling. For dispatch please PM me.

Rabies shots are not as bad as you think. 7 shots total. Was bitten by coyote 6 years ago then 3 years ago. 2 coyote bites in 31 years is a lot to me. Also had one bobcat grab on to my britches leg. And one bobcat that jumped on a 255/75/17 tire and , claws popped a small hole in side wall. Some may ask = How do you have one come back to life on you? Well when you catch 300 plus a year it just happens. I have to stop about 4 or 5 times a year and RE- KILL a coyote in back of a truck

Its funny I have to do 1 night check a week and normally (after having one come back) I started reaching down and feeling for a heartbeat, I have not had one come back for a longtime but have popped a few that still had a heartbeat but this year I found myself getting a lot more in the hurry on cold nights my wake up call came to one latching on to my pant leg that was over my shoulder she was pretty out of it still and didn't have much grip but I'm back to waiting for the heart to stop beating to keep mine from racing.

Re: Trapline safety:Bite & scratch avoidance [Re: steeltraps] #6754046
02/01/20 06:40 PM
02/01/20 06:40 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Originally Posted by steeltraps

How do you dispatch? Or attempt to dispatch?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91