Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Cat Prices #6745176
01/26/20 12:45 PM
01/26/20 12:45 PM
Montana
Griz Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Griz Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Montana
Are they really tanking, or is this some sort of ploy to get trappers to sell now for less than they would of got at the sales/auctions later in the season?

STOP GLOBAL WHINING!
Re: Cat Prices [Re: Griz Trapper] #6745197
01/26/20 01:04 PM
01/26/20 01:04 PM
The great cage state Colorado
M
Monster Toms Offline
trapper
Monster Toms  Offline
trapper
M

The great cage state Colorado

Only AA cats have had a market for the last three years, the better B's have been clinging on barely.
after the last FHA and Nafa sales it was pretty evident the b's were sliding fast and AA's were seeing price resistance.
With the demise of NAFA half the bought backs are now in the dealer hands again but still un wanted, the rest to be "liquidated" eventually for who knows what price.

There is still a select market for select cats, it changes day to day, dealer to dealer. ANYONE thinking they are going to get rich with a collection of cats is probably going to be disappointed.

Re: Cat Prices [Re: Monster Toms] #6745362
01/26/20 03:24 PM
01/26/20 03:24 PM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
Originally Posted by Monster Toms

Only AA cats have had a market for the last three years, the better B's have been clinging on barely.
after the last FHA and Nafa sales it was pretty evident the b's were sliding fast and AA's were seeing price resistance.
With the demise of NAFA half the bought backs are now in the dealer hands again but still un wanted, the rest to be "liquidated" eventually for who knows what price.

There is still a select market for select cats, it changes day to day, dealer to dealer. ANYONE thinking they are going to get rich with a collection of cats is probably going to be disappointed.

Amen!!!!! It’s super annoying going to the sale and hearing guy complaining because they got $250 for a sub par cat. Haha I hear guys complain for getting $500 for a cat. They hear about $1k plus cats not realizing western cats have been in $250-$350 average for many years (the only exception being the random fur boom in 2013 where the averages hit $600). When some cats are selling for over $1k but the average is still $300, trappers need to realize that $1k cats are rare and to be happy with a $200 cat.

If traps work like the Antis say......I would have no fingers.

Re: Cat Prices [Re: Griz Trapper] #6745403
01/26/20 03:53 PM
01/26/20 03:53 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
And I believe part of the issue is the grade push .
There is no way a Minnesota cat or the like should grade western. NORTHERN yes but jmo

Kenneth schoening
Re: Cat Prices [Re: Griz Trapper] #6745405
01/26/20 03:54 PM
01/26/20 03:54 PM
Montana
Griz Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Griz Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Montana
You'll never hear me complain about getting anything for a fur. I know that $250 -$300 will be the average most years. That is where I was starting from, is it tanking from there? A few guys around these parts are doom and gloom on the cats prices this year. Personally I don't even have any so...
Griz

STOP GLOBAL WHINING!
Re: Cat Prices [Re: Griz Trapper] #6745410
01/26/20 04:01 PM
01/26/20 04:01 PM
Idaho
IDTrapman Offline
trapper
IDTrapman  Offline
trapper

Idaho
Good points guys.
We gotta keep expectations in check and accept the roller-coaster prices from year to year because that's simply how the fur business rolls (especially now with the NAFA ordeal). Have to admit though, I may be one of those that has been spoiled the last couple years with the big $$$$ I got for my cats. Gonna be hard to take a pay cut! cry

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
Re: Cat Prices [Re: IDTrapman] #6745434
01/26/20 04:19 PM
01/26/20 04:19 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
Originally Posted by IDTrapman
Good points guys.
We gotta keep expectations in check and accept the roller-coaster prices from year to year because that's simply how the fur business rolls (especially now with the NAFA ordeal). Have to admit though, I may be one of those that has been spoiled the last couple years with the big $$$$ I got for my cats. Gonna be hard to take a pay cut! cry

Yes sir 300$ average is the normal about for for me ,,,cat trapper nv. Spot on.
I have B+ type cat here 1in 100 will make A type so I took the year off on cats.
I hope everybody does as good as they can but she is going to be a little rough. For a bit .

Last edited by red mt; 01/26/20 04:21 PM.

Kenneth schoening
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91