No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Spinal Fusion? [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6699356
12/19/19 10:01 PM
12/19/19 10:01 PM
Mankato, MN
outdoorlonghair Offline
trapper
outdoorlonghair  Offline
trapper

Mankato, MN
I already have C-1 to T-5 fused together, that's 11 so far. Sometime in the future I will be getting the lumbar and SIs done. All I can say is these doctors now days sure do some great work! They've still got me upright enough to set steel.

Take a kid fishing, hunting, Trapping, camping, canoeing, hiking, biking... Just get'em outside!
Re: Spinal Fusion? [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6699537
12/20/19 02:28 AM
12/20/19 02:28 AM
West, TN
chris_tn Offline
trapper
chris_tn  Offline
trapper

West, TN
L4-L5 here two years ago in September. Also removed blown disc and replaced with titanium spacer. NO bending, twisting, or lifting over ten pounds for ninety days. Well worth it. What Dr tells you to do during recovery DO IT! I was 44 when had mine, it’s giving me my life back. There are things I’ll never be able to do again or somethings I’ve learned to do differently but I would do it again.

Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Re: Spinal Fusion? [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6699570
12/20/19 06:53 AM
12/20/19 06:53 AM
SE Kentucky
K
kytrapper Offline
trapper
kytrapper  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kentucky
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same exact story as mine. Once you have a bad back you always have a bad back but if you’ve had daily pain it’s just a wonderful relief to get rid of that.

Re: Spinal Fusion? [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6699612
12/20/19 07:53 AM
12/20/19 07:53 AM
N.W. Pennsylvania
JTaddeo Offline
trapper
JTaddeo  Offline
trapper

N.W. Pennsylvania
I have "Arthur" and his brother "Ritis" in my back, and neck, pelvis, and my legs. Pain is my buddy now and we'll share the ride out to the end I'm sure of it.

So now I spend quite a bit of time figuring out how to do things differently. Reaching out and bending at the waist to work is not happening.

Mindfulness of my posture and limitations is absolutely necessary. Stretching and exercises help quite a bit for me. I need to get re-imaged soon.

Our local CBD oil seems to take the "razor edge" off of the pain but does not mask or remove it.

That's important because I'll forget that I'm not 25 again and just go about things as I used to. It's BAD if I do that.

I hope you find relief and acceptable change, it's certainly a challenge to say the least.

Keep your boots dry and your powder too.

I remember when a fur check was reality.....now I'm just trapping for the love of it.

Best Regards,

JT
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread