Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
New ground new tracks #6695642
12/16/19 09:54 PM
12/16/19 09:54 PM
Kansas
N
nckansas Offline OP
trapper
nckansas  Offline OP
trapper
N

Kansas
I was looking at some new property today that is mainly pasture. Lots of coyote sign. There is a creek that runs through the pasture. I noticed a “highway” of sorts next to the creek with some tracks in the snow that were a little bit bigger then a quarter but were unrecognizable. There were enough tracks that I wouldn’t be able to guess how mich space was in between them. Today would have been the second day since the snow fell but there were a bunch of these tracks. They stayed next to the creek but then at times were 30-50 feet from the creek. At times the tracks would split and make a couple different trails and then come back together. Going to more investigating tomorrow as I ran out of light today. This creek doesn’t have a bunch of trees that around it. Mainly just runs through the pasture with a few smaller trees scattered around. I didn’t find if they originated from the water or not. If anyone has an idea as to what they might be I would appreciate it. The picture is of where the tracks broke off the main trail. Where the tracks were the heaviest there was no space in between them. I tried to get an isolated track and this is the best I could find.

2961A2AA-7F4C-4FA1-A41E-70C3A39077B7.jpeg
Last edited by nckansas; 12/16/19 09:56 PM.
Re: New ground new tracks [Re: nckansas] #6695721
12/16/19 11:01 PM
12/16/19 11:01 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Looks like house cat to me. The long travel route without stopping, and avoidance of water fits too.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91