No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
foam underlayment trap covers #6674434
11/24/19 03:21 PM
11/24/19 03:21 PM
Uvalde County, TX
3rd generation Offline OP
trapper
3rd generation  Offline OP
trapper

Uvalde County, TX
In a recent article by David O'Farrell in Trappers Post, he mentions his success with 3mm thick foam underlayment as a trap cover in snow and frozen ground. Makes perfect sense to me and I would like to try some. My question is how do I get the odor out of the new underlayment. I'm sure it has a strong chemical odor. What product or process would be recommended to deodorize the underlayment before it goes in a trap bed?

Re: foam underlayment trap covers [Re: 3rd generation] #6674476
11/24/19 04:43 PM
11/24/19 04:43 PM
OR
C
Catcollector Offline
trapper
Catcollector  Offline
trapper
C

OR
Try using polyfill the stuff you get at the sewing store 1 bag will do ya for the season works great! Anything you think you have to deodorize most likely a yote will smell it regardless and that isn't something you want

Last edited by Catcollector; 11/24/19 04:46 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread