Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Need some help #6651616
10/28/19 08:36 PM
10/28/19 08:36 PM
New Jersey
B
Botzitaliano Offline OP
trapper
Botzitaliano  Offline OP
trapper
B

New Jersey

Hey all hope these pictures show up on this post. This is my first time trying to put up a picture. Few weeks ago I picked up these cable restraints with support wire attached to it. When I bought them I thought I knew how to use them, but when I started to look at them in the garage now I’m not sure. Reason being the support wire has a ring at the bottom of it. I’m not sure how that is supposed to be attached to what ever it’s supposed to be attached to. I always thought a support wire should be attached to the stake and snare wire swivel to the swivel on the stake. But with these I don’t think that possible with out getting all tangled up. If anyone could shed some light on this for me to let me know how these particular traps are intended to be used I’d really appreciate it. Thanks.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Need some help [Re: Botzitaliano] #6651669
10/28/19 09:23 PM
10/28/19 09:23 PM
New Jersey
F
FalconEd Offline
trapper
FalconEd  Offline
trapper
F

New Jersey
Bend the bottom of the stabilizer wire to a 90 down near the end. ( the O end). Then if you are using a stake swivel attach the j hook from the stake swivel to the swivel of the snare. Also bend the top end of the stabilizer wire in a 90. Now put your rebar stake through the loop on the stabilizer wire then through the cable stake. and bang the rebar stake into the ground. When you bang the rebar down all the way it will hold the stabilizer wire and the snare. If you go on New Jersey trappers Association web page and look at the pics from our 2019 convention you will see Herb holding that snare in his hands. Study that pic and you will understand it. If you have any more questions on it PM me.

Re: Need some help [Re: FalconEd] #6651894
10/29/19 06:20 AM
10/29/19 06:20 AM
New Jersey
B
Botzitaliano Offline OP
trapper
Botzitaliano  Offline OP
trapper
B

New Jersey
Ok thanks. That’s how I was thinking it went. But I feel like when you catch something like that you’ll wind up with a tangled mess. Well I guess I’ll just have to wait and see. Thanks for your response!!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91