No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: CanCooker users [Re: tlguy] #6542834
05/23/19 07:01 PM
05/23/19 07:01 PM
South Carolina
P
Possumhollar Offline
trapper
Possumhollar  Offline
trapper
P

South Carolina
Yeah, not a pressure cooker. But easier to haul around than a Dutch oven for camping. I’ve cooked some of the same recipes in a stock pot on the stove, and they turn out great. But the wife probably wouldn’t be too happy if I took her nice stock pot camping and put it on top of some hot coals.

I have the Jr version as well, and it does fine on the stove, hot coals, and on the fish cooker.

Re: CanCooker users [Re: tlguy] #6542869
05/23/19 08:19 PM
05/23/19 08:19 PM
West central Il
2Trackmaster Offline
trapper
2Trackmaster  Offline
trapper

West central Il
Chicken breast
Green beans
Baby potatoes
Baby carrots
Corn
Onion green peppers and chopped garlic
Season chicken however you like it place on the grate in the bottom of the can . Then I dump the rest on top. I use Miss's Dash and dry ranch seasoning on the vegetables that I dump on top of the chicken. Can of Dew or beer or water all work family loves it. Super easy

Re: CanCooker users [Re: tlguy] #6542953
05/23/19 11:01 PM
05/23/19 11:01 PM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline OP
trapper
tlguy  Offline OP
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Beef stew was a hit! Veggies were nice and tender, so was the meat. Enough servings leftover for another lunch and dinner. Nice and easy to cook and cleanup was a breeze. Looking forward to trying some more recipes.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread