No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Law Dog] #6429164
01/15/19 12:18 PM
01/15/19 12:18 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Originally Posted by 080808
Law Dog. I have followed you for a few years but have to take ya to task on the comment. “where you guys are in NY.
I can trap mink and muskrat 10/25-4/15
Beaver and otter 11/1-4/7
Coon,Fox,Coyote. 10/25-2/15
Bobcat. 10/25-2/15
Fisher 10/25(too early)-12/10
And here it is! NO BAG limits on the above
Like all states we have regs but IMO they prolong our right to trap.
Whatever happened to the discussion involving bounty’s in ND?

That was about the trapping restrictions we have a lot less rules then out East I have lived in several States and SD is by far the least restrictive on trapping and the 2nd amendment you guys are buried in the liberal BS you get out of NY that's just a fact was the point. I have nothing against you NY guys but that's what you have to live with and we don't, I hope that cleared things up a bit.

Now you know that "You guys" was not directed towards anybody but the people effected as a whole by the laws and it was not a judgement just a fact. Imagine you had a post about say bobcat trapping in NY and I jumped in calling you all ladies and blaming you for the regulations I did not like in NY how would that fly for you? Now what if I did that on every NY trapping post I came across and did it for years how would that fly for other people? Think about that a bit what would you think of such behaviors if that kept happening to you if you had a self appointed troll was messing with your posts?

Last edited by Law Dog; 01/15/19 05:57 PM.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Law Dog] #6429212
01/15/19 01:23 PM
01/15/19 01:23 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Now you know that "You guys" was not directed towards anybody but the people effected as a whole by the laws and it was not a judgement just a fact. Imagine you had a post about say bobcat trapping in NY and I jumped in calling you all ladies and blaming you for the regulations I did not like in NY how would that fly for you? Now what if I did that on every NY trapping post I came across and did it for years how would that fly for other people? Think about that a bit what would you think of such behaviors if that kept happening to you if you a self appointed troll was messing with your posts?

Never blamed you personally for enacting those anti-trapping, anti-nonresident trapper regulations that discriminate against anyone from out of state.

That blame lies at the feet of the 13 anti-trappers and the SDGFP

However, your state and it's trappers have done nothing to mitigate the damage to the trapping community and quite a bit of time has passed without any movement on this front.

The Disenfranchising of non-resident trapper continues with no end in sight.

Apparently, while you personally might not support these anti-trapper regulations, you seem to be quite comfortable with the status quo, since you haven't done anything substantial to effect their repeal.

New York has no anti nonresident trapping laws. Non-residents have the same trapping rules as residents.

As long as those South Dakota Anti-trapping regulations remain in force, I will continue to advocate for Their Repeal.

If that makes me a troll in your eyes, so be it, but you won't have any success in silencing my voice on this issue

If you don't like my comments, don't read them or put me on ignore.

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6429475
01/15/19 06:28 PM
01/15/19 06:28 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
I have delt with people behaviors for the last 30 years and I learned a long time ago that you see what a person does not what they say they are doing and everyone does something for a reason just figure out what that reason is. It's safe to say your not coming to SD to trap and your surely not making yourself welcome by acting like a butt muncher on here. You offend and assume the intentions of the guys on here that welcome NR trappers/hunters and do what we can to help others but that allows you to be the "punisher". You say it's the 13 (11 now 2 have died that I know of) but you call us ladies and wish bad things on us (Karma) like a jackwagon so what you say your doing and really doing are not the same thing! You admit that you have no power to change the laws in your State but we somehow are complacent if we don't do it.

You say that NR are shut out, not true but that it is dramatic the way you put it, if I say a guy could do well in a 90+ day season with liberal trapping regulations that's just a fact, just because I don't by your BS view and see the worse I'm somehow at fault. So a guy won't catch 1000s of rats he won't come and trap 100s to a thousand then it's his choice the opportunity is still there (fact).

Quote from above "If you don't like my comments, don't read them or put me on ignore." What a arrogant person that would come to a SD thread to trash it and think others need to make way for him! I guarantee I would not go out of my way to do the same to you maybe step up to the big boys table someday! You say one thing and do another thing then you say your not doing what you were doing! LOL

You push I will push back every time you can bet on that if you choose to play the fool on here I will be glad to help you do that!

[Linked Image]

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6429519
01/15/19 07:06 PM
01/15/19 07:06 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
It is a proven fact that bounties do not work. I have no interest in trapping in South Dakota..I am against exclusion of non residents ANYWHERE. I am against jacked up prices for non resident hunting, fishing, or trapping licenses for non residents.New York does not prohibit non resident trapping, BUT the price of a license is outrageous and cost prohibitive.The idea of non residents coming in and trapping our fur is short sighted; just as short sighted as a governor that has no sound biological reason for a bounty.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6429531
01/15/19 07:17 PM
01/15/19 07:17 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
None of the guy the troll is messing with are in favor of any exclusions or restricted season dates that's what makes this all so stupid to begin with! LOL The reality of what does not support the BS he is selling is left out at least your honest about your thoughts I thank you for that. A lot of things need to be taken into consideration I know many States you can purchase a license and never be able to put a line together but you can buy a license. LOL

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Law Dog] #6429572
01/15/19 07:46 PM
01/15/19 07:46 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
The low lands have always been farmed I the years when they dry up and then will hold water/wildlife when it's wet, the drop of the bird numbers seems to parallel the drop on CRP acres and the increase in acres being planted like wheat that is planted fence to fence with no grass buffer. Big or corporate farming operations clear cover for maximum harvest yields removing trees and filling in wetlands and cover.

GFP went to bat on those lake closings in court they fought the fight on that issue it was the Courts that ruled against them.

I heard the opposite Jerry. I have friends in Watertown and in Clark County. They claim that the Feds gave SD a bunch of disaster money that was supposed to buy the land that flooded but instead they made flood payments tell the money was gone. Then the landowners had got their lakes stocked for free and some even got nice concrete ramps. I spend a lot of time that area. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6429604
01/15/19 08:18 PM
01/15/19 08:18 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Maybe you misunderstood my post the GFP was in court fighting to keep access open but the landowners wanted it closed and took it to Court and won I don't think the Feds were involved in this deal that I knew of.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Law Dog] #6429619
01/15/19 08:34 PM
01/15/19 08:34 PM
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

I have delt with people behaviors for the last 30 years and I learned a long time ago that you see what a person does not what they say they are doing and everyone does something for a reason just figure out what that reason is. It's safe to say your not coming to SD to trap and your surely not making yourself welcome by acting like a butt muncher on here. You offend and assume the intentions of the guys on here that welcome NR trappers/hunters and do what we can to help others but that allows you to be the "punisher". You say it's the 13 (11 now 2 have died that I know of) but you call us ladies and wish bad things on us (Karma) like a jackwagon so what you say your doing and really doing are not the same thing! You admit that you have no power to change the laws in your State but we somehow are complacent if we don't do it.

You say that NR are shut out, not true but that it is dramatic the way you put it, if I say a guy could do well in a 90+ day season with liberal trapping regulations that's just a fact, just because I don't by your BS view and see the worse I'm somehow at fault. So a guy won't catch 1000s of rats he won't come and trap 100s to a thousand then it's his choice the opportunity is still there (fact).

Quote from above "If you don't like my comments, don't read them or put me on ignore." What a arrogant person that would come to a SD thread to trash it and think others need to make way for him! I guarantee I would not go out of my way to do the same to you maybe step up to the big boys table someday! You say one thing and do another thing then you say your not doing what you were doing! LOL

You push I will push back every time you can bet on that if you choose to play the fool on here I will be glad to help you do that!

Whatever Handcuff Boy,

You say I'm a name caller ?

Lets check your scorecard in your latest post.

Butt muncher.

Punisher.

Jackwagon.

Arrogant.

Troll.

One can always tell when someone has run out of intelligent points in a difference of opinion when they start throwing insults.

I'm more convinced than ever that you are an anti-non resident trapper masquerading as trapping's "Mother Teresa".

New York State doesn't have any trapping regulations that are Anti-nonresident and need to be changed.

We are a Non-resident trapper friendly state and have same rules for Out Of State trapper as we do for residents.

I find it comical you are a landed refugee from Illinois trying to pass yourself off as a South Dakota Native when in fact you are just an Imported non-resident from out of town.

I'll see you in on the verbal field of battle the next appropriate South Dakota thread.

In the interim, try brushing up on your grammar, spelling, and most of all your punctuation.

w

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Law Dog] #6429620
01/15/19 08:35 PM
01/15/19 08:35 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Maybe you misunderstood my post the GFP was in court fighting to keep access open but the landowners wanted it closed and took it to Court and won I don't think the Feds were involved in this deal that I knew of.

I will look into it. We fished a few of those lakes this fall with no issues. They just don't like the jackboots bringing trash out on the ice and leaving big messes. Some bad apples ruin the basket. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6429640
01/15/19 08:56 PM
01/15/19 08:56 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Walleyed lets see how long you get to play your games they will get tired of your games! Harassing people just because you think your entitled won't last long so dig yourself a hole.

If I respected you as a person I might respect your opinion but that is not going to happen. I keep telling you your harassing the wrong people but you seem to lack the IQ to understand that but keep digging. I will say I have done more for the NR that come to SD then you ever will. You just keep making my point for me don't you!

Last edited by Law Dog; 01/15/19 09:46 PM.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: LLtrapper] #6429644
01/15/19 08:58 PM
01/15/19 08:58 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by LLtrapper

I will look into it. We fished a few of those lakes this fall with no issues. They just don't like the jackboots bringing trash out on the ice and leaving big messes. Some bad apples ruin the basket. LLL

Not sure if all of the landowners shut out the public some might of come to terms with the GFP and worked things out not sure if that was the goal for some from the start.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6429685
01/15/19 09:30 PM
01/15/19 09:30 PM
South Dakota
J
jasonv Offline
trapper
jasonv  Offline
trapper
J

South Dakota
I have always been amazed at the people who don't live here but think they can make the rules.

It would be fine with me if there were no non-resident trapping in SD. Non-residents ruined pheasant hunting for residents already so I am fine with the non-residents shooting the birds if we can have the predators.

Signature: (up to 150 characters) You may use UBBCode in your signature.
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: jasonv] #6429689
01/15/19 09:33 PM
01/15/19 09:33 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
It was all about the rats~
Originally Posted by jasonv
I have always been amazed at the people who don't live here but think they can make the rules.

It would be fine with me if there were no non-resident trapping in SD. Non-residents ruined pheasant hunting for residents already so I am fine with the non-residents shooting the birds if we can have the predators.

It was all about the rats really!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6429704
01/15/19 09:39 PM
01/15/19 09:39 PM
INDIANA
B
brandon170 Offline
trapper
brandon170  Offline
trapper
B

INDIANA
So who are 13? Or 11 now. Pm if you wish.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6429716
01/15/19 09:49 PM
01/15/19 09:49 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
The problem with South Dakota started with an Obama Republican named Dennis Daugaard who was no Bill Janklow or Mike Rounds. Daugaard ran an insider's network of cronyism in the state. His idea was the Tony Dean way of Tony Dean got paid to hunt, residents of the State could not afford to hunt, as they got to watch Tony hunt, as non residents got the game.
The Game Fish and Parks of South Dakota was corrupted under Daaguard. It only handed out jobs to the insiders. It has awful policies of double paying farmers for goose predation and blasting the nesting hens off of nests. It raises coyotes to kill wildlife as it is easier to let coyotes and cougars run than deal with resident hunters. This all started when Daugaard hired an Iowa college boy who opened up non resident trapping which wiped out the muskrats in South Dakota and turned wildlife over to special interests marketing the States wildlife to millionaire non residents.
I would urge a respectful contact of South Dakota's new Governor Kristi Noem to explain the need for an overhaul of the GFP and to return South Dakota wildlife management to raising wildlife for the people. The Lt. Governor is a good West River Christian who needs trappers, hunters and outdoors people support. Fighting the issue out here is not going to solve it. South Dakota if properly managed as North Dakota is, has more than enough game for affordable resident hunting and catering to the wealthy non residents.
Some species though in trapping simply have to be off limits to out of state trappers, and that is the muskrat and the mink as they are confined species that can not run 200 miles as a coyote can.
I hope Governor hears from the people and cleans out the Daugaard corruption. South Dakota has fantastic Republican grass roots leaders, but the elected leaders lose their way in Washington and at the Governor's mansion these past 12 years.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6429717
01/15/19 09:50 PM
01/15/19 09:50 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
13 guys 2 are dead that I know of shortened the NR trapping season so the NR would start later and end sooner a bad move but they had the ear of a guy at the Capital.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: star flakes] #6429722
01/15/19 09:53 PM
01/15/19 09:53 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by star flakes
The problem with South Dakota started with an Obama Republican named Dennis Daugaard who was no Bill Janklow or Mike Rounds. Daugaard ran an insider's network of cronyism in the state. His idea was the Tony Dean way of Tony Dean got paid to hunt, residents of the State could not afford to hunt, as they got to watch Tony hunt, as non residents got the game.
The Game Fish and Parks of South Dakota was corrupted under Daaguard. It only handed out jobs to the insiders. It has awful policies of double paying farmers for goose predation and blasting the nesting hens off of nests. It raises coyotes to kill wildlife as it is easier to let coyotes and cougars run than deal with resident hunters. This all started when Daugaard hired an Iowa college boy who opened up non resident trapping which wiped out the muskrats in South Dakota and turned wildlife over to special interests marketing the States wildlife to millionaire non residents.
I would urge a respectful contact of South Dakota's new Governor Kristi Noem to explain the need for an overhaul of the GFP and to return South Dakota wildlife management to raising wildlife for the people. The Lt. Governor is a good West River Christian who needs trappers, hunters and outdoors people support. Fighting the issue out here is not going to solve it. South Dakota if properly managed as North Dakota is, has more than enough game for affordable resident hunting and catering to the wealthy non residents.
Some species though in trapping simply have to be off limits to out of state trappers, and that is the muskrat and the mink as they are confined species that can not run 200 miles as a coyote can.
I hope Governor hears from the people and cleans out the Daugaard corruption. South Dakota has fantastic Republican grass roots leaders, but the elected leaders lose their way in Washington and at the Governor's mansion these past 12 years.

What?

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: Law Dog] #6429729
01/15/19 09:57 PM
01/15/19 09:57 PM
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Walleyed lets see how long you get to play your games they will get tired of your games! Harassing people just because you think your entitled won't last long so dig yourself a hole.

If I respected you as a person I might respect your opinion but that is not going to happen. I keep telling you your harassing the wrong people but you seem to lack the IQ to understand that but keep digging. I will say I have done more for the NR that come to SD they you ever will.

I weighed in at the beginning of this thread with my opinion, and you went ballistic and commenced to harassing me with personal attacks.

Now you are starting in with veiled threats

Intimidation doesn't work with me, even if you have handcuffs.

In your world, only YOUR opinion is valid, and you want to shut down or silence anyone you disagree with.

This is the United States of America, not the kingdom of Jerry Herbst.

Your State wants to enact a year-round bounty on Raccoon but you'll restrict nonresidents to starting after December 1st until March 15th.

They are a nuisance predator to be bounty eligible by residents, but you restrict Non-resident trappers until after December 1st.

It would be too funny, if it wasn't so sad. And that is a fact.

Another example of no sound biological reasoning, but it makes perfect sense as a greed based regulation for residents.

w

Last edited by walleyed; 01/15/19 10:05 PM.

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6429753
01/15/19 10:33 PM
01/15/19 10:33 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Star Flakey have you ever been to SD. WOW

Re: Bounty in South Dakota? [Re: stumper] #6429779
01/15/19 11:01 PM
01/15/19 11:01 PM
South Dakota
kjcouchey Offline
trapper
kjcouchey  Offline
trapper

South Dakota
walleyed the fact is that the predators are not the problem, its the habitat. the gov thinks the predators are the problem. she is wrong. no amount of trapping resident or non resident is going to make the farmers not plow too the center of the section lines. Therefore you karma assumption has no basis in the problem. on the other hand i agree with Law Dog.... this started off as a post on the bounty. in no way was your comment appropriate on this subject, its only point was to chastise South Dakota trappers because we don't have the seasons you want, quite frankly makes me a little sick and tired of it as well. you act like your some warrior for the greater trapping community but in fact its ppl like you that drive the trapping community apart. in no way is our state the most discriminating to other trappers, but some how every time i see a post on here with SD you chime in with this NR BS.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread